Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mob Stuck - has no collision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Mob Stuck - has no collision

Yesterday I was in the forest instance solo-ing mobs when somebody joined me and zoned in. They proceeded to grab aggro on a few mobs and killed one of them in what I assume was an effort to level up. After they leveled up, they quit the instance, and the mobs which had aggro on them became stuck in the spot where they were attacking.

I proceeded to clear the zone of mobs only to still see the mobs that were stuck still appeared on my minimap. When I went back to attack them, they had no collision detection at all and I couldn't take them down.

This was my first instance attempt, so I'm not sure if anything was supposed to happen once all the mobs had been cleared in the zone. If something 'was' supposed to happen, I couldn't achieve that goal because the last mobs had no collision.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

This is an excellent example of technical issue feedback, very detailed and complete. Very nice FeralDruid!

We'll try to repro.

Has anyone else seen this and if so under what conditions?

*edit* we are having a hard time reproducing this... do you remember what specific level you were on? Thanks!
    Last edited by Justg; 04-07-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Saw something similar with mob snap back in one of the castle levels while soloing. I believe it was the level just before it went down to the crypts. Pulled to many mobs so ran back so that they would leash. One of the mobs got stuck on near a corner bending back to the room it started in. After a bit, not more than a few minutes, it floated through the empty space between rooms and ended up back in the room it started in.
    My characters: Sarana - Elf Enchantress, Areila - Avian Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is an excellent example of technical issue feedback, very detailed and complete. Very nice FeralDruid!

We'll try to repro.

Has anyone else seen this and if so under what conditions?

*edit* we are having a hard time reproducing this... do you remember what specific level you were on? Thanks!
    I was on the intro forest level, the instance the game defaults to when you first play the game.

The other player exited the zone immediately after leveling, he had 2 mobs on him, and only killed one of them.

My ping was also 209 incase latency played a part in this being a client or server side issue.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

FD, you are an excellent source of information. We have not yet been able to reproduce this particular case, but the descriptions you have provided us are outstanding.

Thanks!

- g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I encountered a similar issue on the second Forest level with a zombie who was part of the group at the end by the chests. I had aggro'd a zombie and accidentally also pulled the faster scarier zombie and ran to leash, kiting the fast zombie (ignoring the slow one). Reaching the bend (going backwards) I killed the fast zombie, but the slow zombie finally caught up and leashed. After moving about a foot back towards his original spot, he evaded -- stopped moving, stuck at 80% or so health, was untargetable and unkillable. I was soloing this instance and nobody else had zoned in, there was no aggro swap and I had done damage to the zombie; it seems there might be some bugs in the leashing code causing mob evasion under certain circumstances.