Thread: Suggestion to Game Levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Lightbulb Suggestion to Game Levels

Change to game levels

I came up with an idea some days ago that would fit well together with PL's game level mechanism. Since I only play low level PVP today, I will focus on the PVP games, but this idea will also have an impact of the PVE games.

We start with the PVP situation;

If you create a PVP game, people in a level range of 5 will be able to join. Let us say you're level 15 and creating a game, the game will have a level range of level 10 - 20 (15-5, 15+5). At end-game PVP, when a level 76 character creates a game, the level range is 71-76.
    As some of you know, I sometimes play on my level 5 twins, and I do pretty well, unless I fight against a fb character. But level 10, as is the minimum level of wearing a fb, are able to join my games. This happens in all level range, but end-game. If you play against a 5 levels higher opponent that is fully geared out, you don't have a chance.

My suggestion is to implement an option where the creator of the game will be able to choose the level range, WITHIN the normal +/- 5 levels. That will make it possible to customize the game. For example, you maybe wanna play against other people in your level without interfere from higher levels, then this option comes in handy.
    For end-game games, you will also be able to close the game for just level 75-76, or even only 76, for you who really wants to play end-game PVP. With todays system, a 76 created game can be joined by a level 71, which is last expansions cap (!).

The same suggestion, focused on PVE games:

This suggestion also comes handy in PVE. The PVE games level system works that all players who are able to create a game of a certain map, are able to join that map, irrelevant of the game creators level. This can be annoying especially for end-game players (75-76) who are making loot runs etc. But if the creator are able to choose the level range, this will not happens. This makes it possible to create parties full with caped characters, even with PUG (Pick up Group) games.

This suggestion is firstly directed to PVP games, and to have it implemented for PVP and not PVE is a fully possible solution. I hope this creates a discussion for both devs and players, and that other people also think this is a good idea!

I haven't mentioned all the benefits with this suggestion, but I guess you got it from what I mentioned!

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Default Suggestion to Game Levels

Woaahhh......this is awesome suggestion caztori. Yeah I know how annoying it is when higher lvls come and own you.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

I absolutely agree . Nice suggestion thread
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Thanks guys!