Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Friday Dev Report - Traveling the Kraken Isles by Ship

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Friday Dev Report - Traveling the Kraken Isles by Ship

Work on the new Kraken Isles Expansion for Arcane Legends continues as we march toward releasing it later this month. It is a lot of fun to see the expansion take shape. I can play the in-development version and see how things are coming together. I log in and keep my eye out for fun things that I can let you all know about.

As we mentioned in our last In-Development Post about the Kraken Isles expansion, there is new functionality to the map that shows a pop up of the different regions in that area you can go to. This will help to reduce clutter on the map interface. Here is a shot of the 5 zones coming in the Kraken Isles expansion (please keep in mind that this is all work in progress and could very well change before going live).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kraken-Isles-Zones.jpg 
Views:	3566 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	23765

When your character travels between different areas, they will do it via ship. This means when you start a zone it will be from the dingy you used to row to show. Likewise, if you are playing from area to area, you'll hop back in another dingy to head out to your ship and sail to the next area. The design team was telling me how they can use this common ship area as a quest hub and/or another point of interest as you play through the zone. I'm keen to see how that plays out. Oh, and needless to say, where there are ships involved, there are pirates. Keep your cutlass handy

Here is a screenshot of the ship:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-ship.jpg 
Views:	3354 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	23766

The sailors aboard have some funny bits of conversation. Unfortunately, my screen cap didn't do them much justice.

That's what I have for you this Friday. Check in next week for a closer look at some of the new armor coming in the Kraken Isles expansion. Have an awesome weekend!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: