Thread: What makes a guild "Perfect"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default What makes a guild "Perfect"

Well, recently I've left a stupid, if not, the stupidest guild ever. Not sure if I should post the name or not because I don't think it's part of the rules or whatever but yeah, I've seen a lot of flaws on the guild. Also sure they were a bunch of children as well. Well let me start off with the list:

Cons:
    - The GM's were like dictators, whatever they say, goes. And the little idiots actually worshipped them, which seemed so hilarious because it is only a game and they took that crap seriously.
    - The members had a pyramid-like structure of the members, labeling them from noobs-experienced members, and it was so sad to see them actually treat the "noobs" like crap. They were disrespected and had no voice within the guild. Once again, the "noobs" were idiots to stay there so it's their faults as well.
    - Anyone labeled a "Noob" or below anyone with higher authority HAD to do whatever the higher ranked dude said and if they didn't listen they would be muted for 3 days. Lol that was a funny one.
    - Whoever was labeled a noob or below Lvl 15, they wouldn't help them, now that was also a stupid rule. And if they did receive help, they HAD to pay. So unfair.

Pros: (Literally only one thing they did that impressed me)
    - Every 2 weeks they would change their leadership to one of the three "Masters"

Now my view of a "Perfect Guild":
    - Not one leader but a chain of command.
    - Everyone has a voice within the guild, regardless if they just joined or their level. Everyone is equal.
    - The leaders or chain of command help everyone and expect nothing in return.
    - The members are friendly and can joke around without any feelings getting hurt, and if you do feel insulted, solve it through pm, unlike the guild I mentioned, they argued in G Chat.
    - No smack Talkingnother members, just because you spend more time and money on the game doesn't make you "ELITE". Just means you have no life spending so much time on a pocket MMO.

Hope guild leaders read this and take my advice on making a great guild. Seriously, this is why I'm currently guildless. I can't find a decent guild in this game, unlike SL.

~ Szang

Ps. I had a guild running like this in SL and had a little over 100 members and was running so fine, until my roster got deleted. R.I.P Sonsz of Anarchy..
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    Well, recently I've left a stupid, if not, the stupidest guild ever. Not sure if I should post the name or not because I don't think it's part of the rules or whatever but yeah, I've seen a lot of flaws on the guild. Also sure they were a bunch of children as well. Well let me start off with the list:

Cons:
    - The GM's were like dictators, whatever they say, goes. And the little idiots actually worshipped them, which seemed so hilarious because it is only a game and they took that crap seriously.
    - The members had a pyramid-like structure of the members, labeling them from noobs-experienced members, and it was so sad to see them actually treat the "noobs" like crap. They were disrespected and had no voice within the guild. Once again, the "noobs" were idiots to stay there so it's their faults as well.
    - Anyone labeled a "Noob" or below anyone with higher authority HAD to do whatever the higher ranked dude said and if they didn't listen they would be muted for 3 days. Lol that was a funny one.
    - Whoever was labeled a noob or below Lvl 15, they wouldn't help them, now that was also a stupid rule. And if they did receive help, they HAD to pay. So unfair.

- Every 2 weeks they would change their leadership to one of the three "Masters"

- Everyone has a voice within the guild, regardless if they just joined or their level. Everyone is equal.
    - The members are friendly and can joke around without any feelings getting hurt, and if you do feel insulted, solve it through pm, unlike the guild I mentioned, they argued in G Chat.
    - No smack Talkingnother members, just because you spend more time and money on the game doesn't make you "ELITE". Just means you have no life spending so much time on a pocket MMO.

Hope guild leaders read this and take my advice on making a great guild. Seriously, this is why I'm currently guildless. I can't find a decent guild in this game, unlike SL.

~ Szang

Ps. I had a guild running like this in SL and had a little over 100 members and was running so fine, until my roster got deleted. R.I.P Sonsz of Anarchy..
    Serious about this guild? Lol thats crazy.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

WOW! That sounds like a very wierd guild.

what i would like to add is that a guild should feel like one big family! no one is left out and both sides of the story are heard even if it envolves a officer at one of the ends.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Wow, what guild WAS that?!

Sadly I've noticed that most guilds go for QUANTITY over QUALITY. Like, even if you have 1000 members, what's the use if none of them actually guild chat or socialize? It's just crazy lol

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alhuntrazeck View Post

Sadly I've noticed that most guilds go for QUANTITY over QUALITY. Like, even if you have 1000 members, what's the use if none of them actually guild chat or socialize? It's just crazy lol
    Or are even log off most of the time. A good guild, currently without greater functions from sts, should serve as a family that has common goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Agree with this comment. I would rather have a guild, comprising of 10 well connected members rather than 100 strong "as they say" guild member count. The above-mentioned guild has neglected the most essential aspect of this game, which is TO HAVE FUN. The 2nd guild I joined was the best I encountered so far, no stress, no drama, just plain fun. The GM will invite you to farm elite maps, no pressure from him. Sad thing to say is, the guild disbanded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

u sound like u r a communist...

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Every member should not have equal voice as some invest more time and effort. As an officer in af ( many guildies can verify) i feel responcible for the progression of othet players and members as I help farm pets for them even using rerolls/plat to help people.I power level underlvled players and I've even straight up geared members. I can only speak for the guild im in but i KNoW our officers do as ive specified myself. Vys has created an amazing family and a "vibe" that is universally comfortable for our members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raxin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Also feel free to make your own guild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

new guild tangent elementals,looking for a few good people,to work together,so everyone involved can achieve there goals,including achievement points,we thrive on helping each other,not hindering,like to help at anytime,if not busy fighting already,whether you are a 1 or 21,if interested contact me,weocagres lvl 21 warrior,fun and achievement is our goal,and of course kicking massive butt together as a cohesive unit,,,thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Everyone is the guild should have a voice. But to keep my guild from overflowing with offline players I kick players who are never online and no one under lvl 15 can join. Just to make sure players have some experience in the game. I'm thinking about all levels though...

name == KAZILLO // status?* >offline< **time.approx "awhile"
    rebooting. . . .
    *status?* >online<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    Every member should not have equal voice as some invest more time and effort. As an officer in af ( many guildies can verify) i feel responcible for the progression of othet players and members as I help farm pets for them even using rerolls/plat to help people.I power level underlvled players and I've even straight up geared members. I can only speak for the guild im in but i KNoW our officers do as ive specified myself. Vys has created an amazing family and a "vibe" that is universally comfortable for our members.
    Well said

name == KAZILLO // status?* >offline< **time.approx "awhile"
    rebooting. . . .
    *status?* >online<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kazillo:963501
    The problem is I have no idea how to make my Guild something special and a tight knit community, it's hard without anyone's help. Literally no one communicates within my guild. I wish I could find some committed players...
    If you promote the philosofies listed above your guild will grow and loyalties will strengthen. Do guild events/farming/pvp and emphasize team work and family. Get to know your members thru /g. Once you get the right core tigether itll spread like wildfire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I mean, it's good for officers to actually BE officers, unlike when someone disrespectful joins the guild, officers don't fulfill thier duty at all. They see "officer" as a close friend of the master. Wat part of OFFICER as in POLICE do u not understand?!?!?!? But that guild u joined is CRAZY. "Roger, roger. Get to the guild hall now for story time. U hav to pay 1k or else u get muted or get down-graded into noob." "Yes sir!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post

Cons:

~ Szang

Three things make a guild "Perfect"

1) Be Active

2) Be Helpful

3) Be Cool

Government Of Anarchy
    GM

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

To be frank (forgive me, old guild master), my old guild whose name I won't post here, used to promote Officers like crazy. Out of every ten guildies there were 7 Officers. And a few, if not most, never fulfilled their duty as guild policemen. I have to admit, I was an Officer myself and used to enforce the guild rules even if it made others hate me :P. Take the example of begging. H**z***n, a member, was begging every two seconds for 2k because he needed a helmet so dang bad. Kicked him out. Someone else wanted 500k for his/her birthday. Kicked him/her out too. And that led be to being scolded by the other officers.

So, for once and for all, Officers are police. They aren't, like, Parliament members or anything, but are police. They've gotta enforce rules. They've gotta do what it takes to make a guild good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Sadly I've noticed that most guilds go for QUANTITY over QUALITY.
    Ikr it's irritating that I can't find a guild that only accepts good players. I hate telling members they're too weak to run with me but its always the weak ones who respond in guild chat. which leads to me not even running with guild mates and just finding PuG games.
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Sad. Some guilds are just names now, handfuls of people invited to join an unknown cause. Guild chat's usually thus quiet. And some guild masters try to exert their power and position. I won't give any examples, but lemme just say its sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you ever start that guild? I'd join.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

nah, join if u want a hell of a horrible time. not my prob.