Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GUILD'S SKILLS! #idea

Lady_Pebbles

Default GUILD'S SKILLS! #idea

!!! For more ideas on Guilds view my other thread (its in DL but idea applies to all StS games). !!!

Lately, I've been thinking about how we could incorporate ways to have a more variety stats and skills in all StS games. A way to make guilds much more useful and interesting as well... & remembering some other MMOs I've played before... I came up with THIS idea (meant for -all- StS games)...

Basicly a system similar to this! Of course it would have to be tweaked for these StS games.... (click for linkie)

THE MAIN IDEA

The idea here is to have the ability to gain Guild Skill Points the GM can use to allocate throughout a list of attack and passive skills that benefit -all- members of the guilds. Boosting not only their stats but also add an additional slot (for now one slot would suffice) to the skill slots on the game's HUD. Maybe it could be placed above/below our pet's arcane skill (replacing it in PvP if they decide to keep pets out of it).

-AN EXAMPLE-

When we enter the Guild Castle before entering our Guild Halls we could have one of the NPCs give Guild Quests. These quests will be just like Daily Quests for Tokens (where we can only be able to gain a certain amount of points per day, per member). These points have to add up to a certain amount in order foe the GM to be able to pick the skill(s) he'd like his members to benefit from. Perhaps two sets of skills like we have on our toons on DL & AL; attack and passive skills. Maybe even limit the use of atk skills to one per run (for both pve or pvp). Giving us all another skill option on the menu to make things interesting.

Yes, I know people will make alts just to boost it but we already have a crapload of alts running around (especially twinks!) so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

NOTE: I will probably edit this sometimes... Its always a rough draft. X.x

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-17-2013 at 02:36 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

2-6-13 | Added linkage to Aika Online's Guild Skills info page on Wiki as merely an -example- of what Im talking about.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

what do you mean by skills? It would be cool like you said for a guild to be able to get points towards a level or purchasing a "skill". However, by skill i think it would be nice to have benefits, not skills. Like, you may be able to get +10/20/30% bonus XP, +10/20/30% gold drop, +10/20/30% gold from vendoring items, ability to get vanity banners or a some guild pets, bonus skill slot (though this can unbalance pvp similar to pets). So it can't be easy to get all these bonuses and as you said there is a cap of points/day that way STS can make it so that you couldn't get to max level or X # of points for 6+months.

If it was a level system, then you guild would unlock specific bonuses at different levels. Otherwise a Skill tree would be cool too or better yet a combination of the 2. where you can only purchase certain skills (with points) if you are a certain guild level. This would make the +30%, legendary pet, and bonus slot obviously the hardest to obtain because you would need a lot of points and a high lvl.
    Point cap/day for guild - 100 points

Lvl 1 - 100 points
    Lvl 2 - 400 points
    Lvl 3 - 750 points
    Lvl 4 - 1200 points
    Lvl 5 - 1900 points
    Lvl 6 - 2400 points
    Lvl 7 - 3200 points
    Lvl 8 - 4000 points
    Lvl 9 - 6000 points
    Lvl 10 - 10000 points
    This would take just under 300 days to get to max guild level (gives something to achieve over a long period).
    The Bonuses could cost something like
    500 - 10% xp/gold/vendor, rare guild pet (unlocks between lvl 1 - 4)
    1500 - 20% xp/gold/vendor, epic guild pet, vanity banner (Unlocks lvl 5-9)
    5000 - 30% xp/gold/vendor, legendary guild pet, bonus skill slot (unlocks lvl 8-10)

So it would cost your points to go up a level, or you could choose to purchase bonuses with the points instead of leveling right away. Even if you belined it for the bonus skill slot it would take 350 days to get it. But all that time, you are missing out of bonus gold/xp/vendor cash, pets and vanities.

To purchase all levels and bonuses it would cost 64450 points or take 644.5 days to obtain it all. I think that would really stretch out the enjoymen of working on your guild.

Thren - how do you get guild points? group of 3+ guildies killing bosses (1/kill/person), elite bosses (3/kill/person), pvp matches (2/person for loss, 4/person for win)...?
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 02-06-2013 at 11:11 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Please view the following link:

Here is a link to an example of what Im actually talking about.... A system similar to this. Only minus the exp skill because we have elixirs for that.... X.x

Hopefully that would help explain the type of system I was talking about. Please remember it is just an example so don't assume we'll have the same thing.

EDIT: Cosmo, awesome idea as well! Yes we need something like these. Would be great!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-06-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Cosmox I love your idea! The reward system for points you stated is awesome. Here is what I'd add to it that the going to lvl 10 be able to be repeated. So guilds your go up in lvls like so:
    Lvl 0.1 - 100 points 2% bonuses
    Lvl 0.2 - 400 points 4% bonuses
    Lvl 0.3 - 750 points 7% bonuses
    Lvl 0.4 - 1200 points 10% bonuses
    Lvl 0.5 - 1900 points 12% bonuses
    Lvl 0.6 - 2400 points 16% bonuses
    Lvl 0.7 - 3200 points 20% bonuses
    Lvl 0.8 - 4000 points 23% bonuses
    Lvl 0.9 - 6000 points 27% bonuses
    Lvl 1.0 - 10000 points 30% bonuses
    Now you have the max bonuses to whatever you specified above like 30% or what ever.
    Lvl 1.1 - 10100 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.2 - 10400 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.3 - 10750 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.4 - 11200 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.5 - 11900 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.6 - 12400 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.7 - 13200 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.8 - 14000 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 1.9 - 16000 points 30% bonuses
    Lvl 2.0 - 20000 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.1 - 20100 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.2 - 20400 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.3 - 20750 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.4 - 21200 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.5 - 21900 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.6 - 22400 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.7 - 23200 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.8 - 24000 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 2.9 - 26000 points 32% bonuses
    Lvl 3.0 - 30000 points 34% bonuses
    Etc.

But with each consecutive time of getting up another time to lvl10 basically, you should get a small percentage (2%) added onto the base 30% from getting up to lvl 1.0 this would make older guilds (even older than 300days) have a very minuscule but worthy bonus to obtain.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Please view the following link:

Here is a link to an example of what Im actually talking about.... A system similar to this. Only minus the exp skill because we have elixirs for that.... X.x

Hopefully that would help explain the type of system I was talking about. Please remember it is just an example so don't assume we'll have the same thing.

Interesting idea thren I love it also! Just something needs.... NEEDS, to happen with guilds.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Yup! Something like that. I know it all sounds a bit complicated (Im sure devs would look at this and be like "ughhhhh!!!" due to the coding lmao) but I think it would add more of a purpose for guilds and a great way to benefit members.

EDIT: If we get a Guild vs Guild PvP this would be awesome to contribute to that. Even players who just PvE can benefit from it too! Win/win situation!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-06-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Yup! Something like that. I know it all sounds a bit complicated (Im sure devs would look at this and be like "ughhhhh!!!" due to the coding lmao) but I think it would add more of a purpose for guilds and a great way to benefit members.

EDIT: If we get a Guild vs Guild PvP this would be awesome to contribute to that. Even players who just PvE can benefit from it too! Win/win situation!

Totally after all they said they "will be doing more with guilds"

GvG would alone show that they are starting to look into that.

Lady_Pebbles

Good shi.... Errr..."stuff"! (this no cursing stuff irks me lol)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

great idea..the problem is too much work for sts ,too little or no possibility of return profit.maybe if you include something where sts can earn some real cash then they might say aye.

i hope if ever they implement this, im still playing this game.

Lady_Pebbles

Raising guild hall tiers for more member space is a way for them to make a profit out of this.

Lady_Pebbles

I still want this!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How about we incorporate pvp into guilds and actually make pvp more of a competition

For example

1 kill = 5 pvp points
    1 death = -7 pvp points
    1 party kill = 2 pvp points ( if anyone in ur party kills u get 2 pvp points )

The will be guild ranks

Rank 5 = 0 pvp points requierment
    Rank 4 = 10k pvp points requiered
    Rank 3 = 45k pvp points requiered
    Rank 2 = 95k pvp points requiered
    Rank 1 = 205k pvp points requiered
    Rank 0 = top 3 guilds

Rank 5-4 have ne benefits
    Rank 3-0 can do quest to get guild cape
    Rank 2-0 can ally other guilds (maximum of 2 ally) and unlock new capes
    Rank 1-0 can add a guild logo to there capes and have it next to there names
    Rank 0 will get a special banner with there guild logo that stands out to prove they are the best of the best

With this there will also come player monthly ranking with special symbola for each rank but I wont get into that unless you guys have more questions about it its a lot

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Interesting idea ghostly. I think pve should be involved also... But I like the idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They could be involved but this is just a pvp side im not big fan of pve so someone think of the pve side in reality my system dosent benefit the player but the guild

Lady_Pebbles

I like all of these ideas so far. A guild ranking system instead of a "top guild" LB being based on how many toons in the guild, would be nice as well. Making guildies really earn the spots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like all of these ideas so far. A guild ranking system instead of a "top guild" LB being based on how many toons in the guild, would be nice as well. Making guildies really earn the spots.

People will just add a bunch of random toons just so they could be on top

Lady_Pebbles

Well if they want their guilds on the top they'll have to work on it with each toon. Not just put each alt in there. The system Im talking about would require players to play on their toons to gain the GPs in order to use the GSs. Doing so would also help the guilds climb the charts.

EDIT: Like a section on the LB for Top Guild with the most Guild Points not with/just the biggest number of members or number of members at cap.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's a really cool Idea, and I like the guild quests, but the Allocation of Guild points, that could make some things unfair. Great Idea though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloh View Post
    It's a really cool Idea, and I like the guild quests, but the Allocation of Guild points, that could make some things unfair. Great Idea though.
    The thing is is that nothing is every fair.... There is always someone/someguild who will abuse the system, I would just like to see the system created.

Anyway anyone who abuses things normally gets found out and people won't respect them.