Thread: Money(USD) to Gold Ratio in Game(roughly)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Money(USD) to Gold Ratio in Game(roughly)

So, I can't believe I have not seen a post on this(I didn't even look really). According to AL you can buy 165 Platinum for $20.00. That is 165 Plat, and in game you can convert 25 Plat to 25k gold. So based on that system you can do that 6 times with 15 Plat left over. So doing that 6 times get you 150k gold. So 150,000/20 = 7500. Remember we had 15 Plat left over, so give or take a few thousand. Making $1 USD worth roughly 8-8.5k gold. Just thought this might be helpful, it is just a rough estimate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

By that math Demonlord Armor of Grace for warrior is on market for around 550k give or take making it around $70-80 USD for just the chest. I saw helmet of same kind for 350k making it roughly $40ish. LOL. So whole set costs about $100-120 USD for a warrior.
    Last edited by Hroovitnir; 02-06-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Correct. That is if you decide to try to buy your way to success. Most pro players don't spend a dime on buying gold for plat, and only spend plat for things that cannot be purchased for gold, like elixirs, vanities, and plat exclusive pets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't know about that. There is no way to explain people paying 5-6 million for a pet without buying $100s of gold. To have a real life and play AL lets say you can farm 10k per day, that's over 2-3 months to farm a set. Not to mention amulets and rings, but that's everyone, so just the set is an absurd amount of money. It's only the warrior class getting the short end of the stick like that though. So the only way to compete my friend for certain classes is to buy gold, soon this will be a P2P game for all intents and purposes. You want to compete and do well you'll have to buy gold/plat. Sad but true, at least the way things are currently going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm currently sitting at 3.1M and I have yet to make a single plat to gold purchase and my only method of obtaining plat so far, which I still mostly have because the pets are trash and vanities add zero benefit, is when I purchased flowers and got 240 ish plat.

It's easy to earn gold by farming and merching. As of now, it isn't required to pay a dime yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Most "harcore" players in 16 Cap hit 2+ million before 21 Cap through Gear/Pet sales, then when Coltons were tradable 5/4 Million each. There's many "Millionaire's" in AL that haven't spent a cent/penny on Plat -*Gold, and there always will be.

2-3 months to farm a set? The game has hardly been out that long, I'd say 1-2 weeks at most to farm a set just got to be lucky or know other players willing to trade, or sell non-class items and purchase your own class items.

I will say without any CS sales to gain a lot of gold isn't by any means an easy task if close to impossible.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Prior to PvP being released, I spent much of my time farming elite jarl or farming elite grounds, and in a few hours I would accumulate a ton of chests, some of which I would sell and some of which I would open. In 3-4 hours of play in a single day I could easily get 100k+, and occasionally I got lucky and dropped one of those 500k+ items. I did not start playing AL until right before the dead city expansion, so I never got a chance to have top gear in the 16 cap, but in the 21 cap it took me about 3 weeks to put together my top set. If I had instead sold all of my items and went with cheaper gear, I could have made about 2m in that time. I also managed to reach the beastmaster title by the third week in January. I probably spent at least 500k on buying all of the pets plus I farmed for hauntlet tokens to buy those pets, and I did all the bards quests for those pets. If I had instead sold all my hauntlet and bards quest pets, I could have made 5m+.

I have never purchased any gold for plat, nor have I ever purchased any pets or other items that I could not instead buy for gold. The only exception to this is that I bought the Frost pet back when he was plat exclusive and then when they added Klaas to the game later on, he now gives Frost pets so you can buy them in the CS from those who sell them after getting them from Klaas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well I guess I'm doing it wrong and ALWAYS open for suggestions, I can only make like 10k per day. Should I only be hunting elite maps ? I am a decently spec warrior with 4.3k hp buffed, hehe @ decent, and around 305 str, so I can solo anywhere, so should I be spending my time there ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hroovitnir View Post
    Well I guess I'm doing it wrong and ALWAYS open for suggestions, I can only make like 10k per day. Should I only be hunting elite maps ? I am a decently spec warrior with 4.3k hp buffed, hehe @ decent, and around 305 str, so I can solo anywhere, so should I be spending my time there ?
    Just do elite jarl runs and collect the chests, then open them and hope you get pinks. Some days you will not get much, other days you will get pinks worth a decent amount. Each run takes like 2 minutes if you have even an average group, so you can do about 25 runs per hour. If you get a chest once every 5 runs, that means 5 chests per hour. Play a few hours and you have a good chance at getting at least a couple of pinks each day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Awesome, thx man
    Last edited by Hroovitnir; 02-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Dunno about all this 100k a day/4hrs claims bro. I ran elite jarl and reg jarl runs all night for about 4hrs, and MAYBE made 40-50k after I sell stuff. Seems much harder to get any decent drops. Farming story/haunt tokens seems a lucrative endeavor as Colton sells for 600k+. I just don't see being able to farm it that fast. I will continue to do it all day tomorrow too and the next to give it a fair shake, as I k now one day does not a statistic make. We shall see, I hope you are right, as I am poor as shizzle! lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Dunno about all this 100k a day/4hrs claims bro. I ran elite jarl and reg jarl runs all night for about 4hrs, and MAYBE made 40-50k after I sell stuff. Seems much harder to get any decent drops. Farming story/haunt tokens seems a lucrative endeavor as Colton sells for 600k+. I just don't see being able to farm it that fast. I will continue to do it all day tomorrow too and the next to give it a fair shake, as I k now one day does not a statistic make. We shall see, I hope you are right, as I am poor as shizzle! lol.
    Yes, it does take time. You won't get 100k per day. What will happen is you will get very little for a few days, and then once in a while you will get a really good item that sells for 300k or so. Keep in mind also now is the worst time to farm because the new campaign is coming out soon and prices on the current gear have gone way down. 6 weeks ago the top gear and weapons were all selling for 500k-1m per piece, now they are more like around 200k. So maybe at this point 100k per day average is a little high and maybe 40-50k per day is more realistic. But do the same thing right after the next expansion comes out and farm the new gear/chests and you will make a ton of money. Just make sure to level up quick at the beginning so you can start farming the elite dungeons asap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Anyway but u guy think where all the gold come from. I think all come from bought from pla. I think they wont change it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've checked most equipment in the game, and I can honestly say the best items are not acquired threw Plat. Even the Best pets aren't plat acquired. Sure Malison is a cool pet for a rogue (or any others) but when it comes down to the best DPS for that rogue it's Granite, due to it has the highest Dex bonus, and same with Colton. (never ever buying for my sorcerer, don't want to get all those tokenssss) And good equipment is hard to find, but if your lucky good stuff will pop on auction for cheap price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I am going keep farming as I said. Also I realized you meant sell chests as in the Elite/Banded Gold and Silver. They sell for more than the Locked Watch. Which is amusing since the Locked Watch contain the rarest pet in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I am going keep farming as I said. Also I realized you meant sell chests as in the Elite/Banded Gold and Silver. They sell for more than the Locked Watch. Which is amusing since the Locked Watch contain the rarest pet in game.
    Locked Crate = 15 Plat to open

Elite Banded = Free

Makes sense, that Elite Banded are selling for more.

That said, if you were around at the start of 21 Cap Elite Banded Gold were selling anywhere from 100-200k each. So all you can hope for if you do not get much luck with drops, is selling the new chests coming when reached 25/26 Cap.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Guys even if was platinum more expensive and there was a mobile payment I would
    Have paid 190$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloh View Post
    I've checked most equipment in the game, and I can honestly say the best items are not acquired threw Plat. Even the Best pets aren't plat acquired. Sure Malison is a cool pet for a rogue (or any others) but when it comes down to the best DPS for that rogue it's Granite, due to it has the highest Dex bonus, and same with Colton. (never ever buying for my sorcerer, don't want to get all those tokenssss) And good equipment is hard to find, but if your lucky good stuff will pop on auction for cheap price
    Horton is actually best for rogue damage as 10% crit is far more desirable than an extra 5 dex.