0 Posts

Default 3x combo elixir expired in less than 5mins

Please fix IGN -> iiar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Have you email to support@spacetimestudios.com ? They should fix this
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I think you're talking about the free daily elixir that Vincent gives.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

There is two different types of daily rewards. One is the free daily combo elixir which is a x3 combo elixir for 5 minutes. You can get this elixir every day from Vincent the Vender. The other type is the daily blessing which give 24 hour elixirs of random bonuses. There is a very, very small chance to recieve a 3x combo elixir for 24 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Well, the OP hasn't replied back, but there is a very annoying and costly bug that still exists and can cause daily blessings to last only minutes. It has to do with the "overlap period" where yesterday's elixir lasts a few minutes past the time you can pick up the new one. If you happen to pick up your new day's blessing while the only one is not quite out, AND the new one happens to be the same as the old, then the system fails to give you the new one (because you already have it). This means the "new" one appears to expire after only a few minutes, when really it's just the old one running out a few minutes late.

It seems like the overlap is created by the stopping and starting of elixirs during the loading screen. When you switch zones, elixirs "freeze" momentarily before resuming countdown. If it's a plat elixir, it actually stays frozen if you land in a town, whereas dailies just start counting again regardless. In any event, what this means is that the more times you change zones, the more "extra" time you build up in your daily blessing. So if you play a lot, say because you're on a 3x elixir, you build up this extra time that could be minutes (5 mins or more is not unusual in my experience). If you then jump right on your next blessing as soon as it's ready, and you're super lucky enough to get 3x again, you'll get screwed out of it due to the bug since the old one is still running. The best thing to do is to enter the elixir buff page and throw away the old daily blessing before picking up the new one, but remembering to do that can be hard.

STS really needs to fix this bug, since it often neutralizes a combo elixir which defeats the whole purpose of trying to entice someone to play. Instead, they just end up feeling screwed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the explanation. I just lost another one. This is the 2nd time I've realized my elixir was gone... who knows how many times it has happened and I didn't realize it. Glad it was only an armor blessing. I was wondering why I was taking so much dmg this morning. It's bad enough to get a simple armor blessing one day, but to get it again a second day in a row and THEN to lose it... That's just sticking it to players. Anyway, thanks again.