Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Kill Farming in PvP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Regarding Kill Farming in PvP

At the end of Season #1 of the Leaderboards, vanity banner prizes were only granted to the #1 leaderboard position holder. Our plan is to increase the rewards to be all of the leaderboard (or even more - the team is still looking at options) to thereby reduce competition and the desire to kill farm. Our hope is that people just play and have fun and if they play avidly, they'll probably make it on the expanded leaderboard.

While we reserve the right to ban for any reason, we are not currently closing accounts for kill farming.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Awesome, looks like you did listen to us! That's awesome! So, everyone on LBs will get LB banner at end of the season, right? That's amazing news. Good luck to the people who wants this banner. PS: So, the kill farmers will stay there? :/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madstar For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol looks carefully they said only the top nt all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Nice decision guys, will all the banners be the same? Or different for 1/2/3 positions then runners up etc.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Sam, not sure if you saw my suggestion in another thread, but you could place a limit on how many times the same player could kill another player within a certain time limit. For example, you could make it so that no single player could kill any single other player more than 100 times in a day, otherwise the extra kills above 100 just won't count towards their stats. This would cause no concern for 99% of players who just join random games and play. But would make it very difficult to kill farm as you would limited as to how many kills you could farm per day without opening lots of extra accounts. It wouldn't be impossible to beat the system, but much more time consuming.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Sam, not sure if you saw my suggestion in another thread, but you could place a limit on how many times the same player could kill another player within a certain time limit. For example, you could make it so that no single player could kill any single other player more than 100 times in a day, otherwise the extra kills above 100 just won't count towards their stats. This would cause no concern for 99% of players who just join random games and play. But would make it very difficult to kill farm as you would limited as to how many kills you could farm per day without opening lots of extra accounts. It wouldn't be impossible to beat the system, but much more time consuming.
    I must be disagree with you,because Arcane legends is not my job unlike low age PPL and some school kids playing 24hr a day, I only come online 3 or 4 times a week and PVP kills are so hard to get 10k PVP and 10k flags, at the normal situation it takes like 1 year for someone like me to get those points, I'm playing online game for fun not as a job, so if I see that it takes 3 years to get 10k PVP kills then is not gonna be any reason to play that kind of game anymore.
    I still don't understand why you want this PVP become harder, is already hard and takes 1 year to get 10k PVP kills???As I told you this game is not a full time job for many people like me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusrevange View Post
    I must be disagree with you,because Arcane legends is not my job unlike low age PPL and some school kids playing 24hr a day, I only come online 3 or 4 times a week and PVP kills are so hard to get 10k PVP and 10k flags, at the normal situation it takes like 1 year for someone like me to get those points, I'm playing online game for fun not as a job, so if I see that it takes 3 years to get 10k PVP kills then is not gonna be any reason to play that kind of game anymore.
    I still don't understand why you want this PVP become harder, is already hard and takes 1 year to get 10k PVP kills???As I told you this game is not a full time job for many people like me
    He says limit to 100 kills on a single player. ( I can only kill you 100 times per day) I don't think you understood
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this good idea, or 100 kills / day extra kill will not be counted, so the good thing is u can still kill ur enemy even it 1000 times but the limit record u can obtain everyday is 100 or even 200,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    this good idea, or 100 kills / day extra kill will not be counted, so the good thing is u can still kill ur enemy even it 1000 times but the limit record u can obtain everyday is 100 or even 200,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Sam, thanks for listening to the requests! Teehee! Also would this include the rest of the LB categories like haunt,dungeons and top players? Thanks!
    Last edited by Limsi; 02-07-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    duck dynasty falls

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm guessing it is only those listed that you see on the actual leaderboards when you view it. So probably just #1 for the dungeon times, but for those that list the top 25 in a category, it would be all of them. That's how I would do it if I was them. If your name is posted, you get a banner.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weeeeeeee NICE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

happy farming:P

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1 agreed agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Make a CTF LB for flags captured only not kills, and no toon can take flag twice in a row.
    Make a new stat to track kills in FFA, so this will be the new Kills LB.
    Uh oh, last one, make sure pvp room don't accept same faces continously in the same room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First I would lik e to thank you for making suggestions. However, making a limit on flags is unreasonable. It is already hard to ctf with only 5 per game. Sharing flags with other members if your team is a great idea but many games i enter I am the only one who wants to flag anyway. Your suggestion would prevent me from flagging in that type of environment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:960536
    At the end of Season #1 of the Leaderboards, vanity banner prizes were only granted to the #1 leaderboard position holder. Our plan is to increase the rewards to be all of the leaderboard (or even more - the team is still looking at options) to thereby reduce competition and the desire to kill farm. Our hope is that people just play and have fun and if they play avidly, they'll probably make it on the expanded leaderboard.

While we reserve the right to ban for any reason, we are not currently closing accounts for kill farming.
    Will lb season one leaders get banner if on board or are we just burnt if we werent number 1? I wasnt 1 but i was on warrior board :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

This is a most wonderful decision on your part! I must tell you that I am glad to see that our complaints nvr went unheard.

-Vys

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

im thankful that mods/devs are listening to us.

but,

youre now giving 25 reasons for players to farm kills.

*remove the ctf kills and flag leaderboards or if that is really hard, please acknowlege the players who are playing to win ctf games in leaderboards also. (that would be fair enough and it may encourage player retention in pvp rooms)

*again, if you don't give people the reason to farm then they wouldnt farm. 25 slots is just as tempting as 1.you have just encouraged people to farm for the other 24 spots in LB.

for my critics, i know there will be,this is a constructive criticism nothing more. i would LOL if i see somebody say im just jealous or anything.samhayne just said they would possibly give everyone in LB a banner and im one of those lucky guys.but i would still recommend sts to scrap the LB.i aint even mad if they do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Would this only be limited to CTF alone or would it include other categories of the game?
    duck dynasty falls