Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Kill Farming in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Correct me if i'm wrong, but only #1 place holders will receive the appropriate Vanity Banner. Like Snalin said, it was just a ''plan to'' and not a decision.

Again, correct me if i'm wrong.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A developer posted that it should be added to inventory either tomorrow or early next week.
    Yup! All 25 on the leaderboard will have banners coming soon!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yup! All 25 on the leaderboard will have banners coming soon!
    That corrected me. XD

Btw, so if someone is in top pve, top pvp, top achievements he gets 3 banners?! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Nice decision.

But for me, the more important is that there is no point about whole this 'flag' thing. People wants to win (kill), not carry flags to win the game.

What is the point about winning it?
    What do we get from winning?

People want to have more 'kills' because they want something to show others that they are strong!

I guess whole this idea is to have people to play together as a party to carry more flags, should be a strategy game, not a power competition.

If we focus on flag more, we can focus more on class balance in party (number of classes) and strategies (like move how and where to where, sacrifice score; how to hold other team even whole team got killed to have one player to score it to win.)

I think people simply don't care about it, because there is no reward from it. If People can achieve something valuable (leaderboard banner, chest, some gold, not a regular loot items, it is not attractive), then people will try to play this game more properly.

For more, those who like to get kills, you can make 1 on 1 arena. Farming is not good because it is usually mobbing. If I have to choose to fight with someone and lose from someone, even it is 100 times, I can't complain about it because it was my choice. You should make it this way.

I tried three pvp just before I write this.
    Some players were doing 1 on 1 in a spawn, some went in there to kill them, 1 on 1s were complaining, another one was telling them to move to a corner, another one sneaked and was carrying flag, another on was calling him a noob and telling him stop carrying flags, a rogue just grabbed a flag by herself and started to run and ordering me to protect her while we were facing 4 warriors, some didn't care anything but mobbing people.... sorry for saying this but it was a mess.

My point is, while everyone cares about only number of kill, ctf is meaningless.
    You should add something to encourage people to play as it is made, or/and make a place to get 'kills'

And out of subject, but hope you guys change party system for pvp too. I tried to join pvp with 2 of my friends, and it's so hard to find a server that has three empty spots on one side.
    I want to play as a team(isn't it made to play that way?) with my friends and party who I can communicate better on /partytalk and know each others better. But the party system right now is hard to do this but usually make us to play with random people. This lead to bad team, and following with farming.

Sorry for a long post. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Excuses; 03-11-2013 at 12:04 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

I agree with mstj. CtF is a huge mess right now. Maybe they should just remove the k/d from the leaderboards and add a team goal wins/losses. Then make a 1v1 arena for the players who are all about the k/d ratios and lb. Also a death match arena for FFA (no teams).

This way everyone gets what they want. However, if only they just brought in the arena layout and mechanics from DL (traps, doors, etc) maybe CtF on AL would've been played differently on AL.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-11-2013 at 02:28 AM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I agree with mstj. CtF is a huge mess right now. Maybe they should just remove the k/d from the leaderboards and add a team goal wins/losses. Then make a 1v1 arena for the players who are all about the k/d ratios and lb. Also a death match arena for FFA (no teams).

This way everyone gets what they want. However, if only they just brought in the arena layout and mechanics from DL (traps, doors, etc) maybe CtF on AL would've been played differently on AL.

Yep really a mess. New mess. Friends are getting together some go and the red team and some on the blue. Strangers are wiped out. Realized this yesterday but too late. k/d. lol. Flags are captured no resistance. Something to look out for. I stood in a corner while everyone chatted and laughed. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

There is no CTF in PvP. This is how my matches usually go:
    - we group up and start hunting the opposing team
    - someone eventually quits the game which unbalances the game in favor of one group
    - when the match is reduced to 5v3 or even 5v2 the winning team starts to flag
    - the rest of the opposing team leaves cause they're overpowered and match usually ends without all 5 flags being captured

This has been repeating during the last 2 weeks and has become very tiresome.

PvP is farming kills and farming flags. There is no strategy, no team competition, no real incentive to win as a team. I just mind my kill count and snag a flag here and there to keep myself on lb.
    Even matches happen once in about a dozen matches started and they dont last long since someone gets tired of killing and leaves the arena. Why? No incentive to win over the opposing team, just kill, kill, kill...

I'm stopping PvPing since its become more tedious than farming elites. There is no thrill, no competition, no real reason to participate in PvP unless you want to ruthlessly annihilate the opposing team till they all leave. PvP is nothing but a grind to get the achievement points if you care for them.

Give us true CTF where you wont count kills and deaths but team wins.
    Give us 1v1 or 3v3 deathmatch for kills.
    Give us a better party system so we can do guild wars.

Sometimes GM of Deviant Misfits. We aim to misbehave!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blakadder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakadder View Post
    That is good, and need to be done asap,
    PvP is nothing but farming atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakadder View Post
    There is no CTF in PvP. This is how my matches usually go:
    - we group up and start hunting the opposing team
    - someone eventually quits the game which unbalances the game in favor of one group
    - when the match is reduced to 5v3 or even 5v2 the winning team starts to flag
    - the rest of the opposing team leaves cause they're overpowered and match usually ends without all 5 flags being captured

This has been repeating during the last 2 weeks and has become very tiresome.

PvP is farming kills and farming flags. There is no strategy, no team competition, no real incentive to win as a team. I just mind my kill count and snag a flag here and there to keep myself on lb.
    Even matches happen once in about a dozen matches started and they dont last long since someone gets tired of killing and leaves the arena. Why? No incentive to win over the opposing team, just kill, kill, kill...

I'm stopping PvPing since its become more tedious than farming elites. There is no thrill, no competition, no real reason to participate in PvP unless you want to ruthlessly annihilate the opposing team till they all leave. PvP is nothing but a grind to get the achievement points if you care for them.

I've made a tank of a warrior and simply run around and cap flags regardless of who or what is going on around me. Usually I get yelled at by someone trying to duel or kill farm because I'm effective ending the game... Ironic they'd say this in a CTF round.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Regarding Kill Farming in PvP

these posts are getting way off topic.

lets talk about the threads title right?

Good so lets talk about what happened last week.

this...

this lvl 2 was able to accomplish this is one week.

Sam the 9999 caps is crazy in a week but maybe just maybe a lvl 2 could do this And I was a little intrigued

but then came the kill farming :(

major bummer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

20k kills in not even a week, plus 10k flags in a few days? That's simply called a hack or whatever.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure he has some kind of flasher or software to patch his stats. He can put any amount of PvE kills or PvP flags and kills. They'll be on server as well. If that's not the case, then there's really something wrong and devs should look into it ASAP.
    Last edited by Mysticaleagle; 04-09-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1 then me to guys...

in these days i start to see around some guys who transfer kills and flags ...They group and wait until everyone left , then start to transfer ..

Our main problem is you can join em only if you are started togheter or have em on your fri list , firstly urgently all people must have an access to the matches who continue like 2-2 or 4-2 or etc must be able to join in any matches +1/-1 leveled...

i was agreed for 1vs1 or 3vs3 deatchmates that was sound so good but even i see these guys transferin i get afraid that more of em will start to do it, also it will be so easy for em to transfer on a 1vs1 or 3vs3 .

Staffs need to start to check or add a control system for that ASAP ...

coz all our efford will gonne for nothing ...
    Last edited by Kostral; 04-09-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kostral View Post
    +1 then me to guys...

in these days i start to see around some guys who transfer kills and flags ...They group and wait until everyone left , then start to transfer ..

Our main problem is you can join em only if you are started togheter or have em on your fri list , firstly urgently all people can have an access to the matches who continue like 2-2 or 4-2 or etc...

i was agreed for 1vs1 or 3vs3 deatchmates that was sound so good but even i see these guys transfering i m afraid that more of em will start to do it, also it will be so easy for em to transfer on a 1vs1 .

Staffs need to start to check or add a control system for that ASAP ...

coz all our efford will gonne ...
    Agreed.

Ban them farmers/hackers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hope we will have an answer about this important suject ...

its so important for the future of this game ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

good looking out sts you guys have a great team so fast so pro

all back to honest legit players

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Prolikethis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

so he got banned? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

So... I made a level 2 and I've started flagging...
    Obviously I don't play 24x7, but....will I get banned if my toon shows up in LB one day?
    ....can almost hear *burn the witch, burn!* in the distance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I think you're fine if "one day" isn't tomorrow or day after

Sometimes GM of Deviant Misfits. We aim to misbehave!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So can someone or Devs/Mods explain the definition of illegal and legal farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgets View Post
    So can someone or Devs/Mods explain the definition of illegal and legal farming?
    - Farming novice player with a twink and farming in spawn spots is legal
    - sharing accounts with other people is illegal
    - farming naked toons is half-legal depending on how much hatred do you get for it from the community, and if your ego tells you to farm that way 1-5th place in a week, you will be banned.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jtst For This Useful Post: