Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Camera Rotation. Why don't we have it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question Camera Rotation. Why don't we have it?

There's camera rotation on other STS games, but how come we don't have it in Arcane Legends? It's so irritating you can see your surroundings properly, especially in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Something about graphics and smaller file sizes and blahblahblah. I haven't gotten used to the fixed camera angle, but I don't think it's ever changing at this point. The devs said they'd have to pretty much redo the whole game to make it happen.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The devs said they'd have to pretty much redo the whole game to make it happen.
    That doesn't help. Starlegends looks crystal clear turning camera around, how does that differ from arcane legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Eh I've gotten use to it. Pretty easy to adjust lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imwatchingyou View Post
    That doesn't help. Starlegends looks crystal clear turning camera around, how does that differ from arcane legends?
    IDK, just passing along info. There are existing threads where devs have addressed this. It's not that it couldn't be done, it's that they made the decision to design the maps at an angle and make it fixed. They would have to redesign all the maps to add in the missing graphics that would be there if the camera was movable.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Eh I've gotten use to it. Pretty easy to adjust lol
    I'm not. Kinda depresses me not having this feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

In short, the graphics and textures of arcane legends are more important. There is a realistic limit to the bandwidth required for a mobile game. You mentioned star legends. I'm sure you can see how inferior the environments and characters are to arcane legends.

If you do a search you can see specifically where justg talked about it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yes.
    #nerfwarrior2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I know we can zoom in/out but being able to have a bit more of a top-down view would be nice, as there are some parts of the game where your character is completely hidden by the scenery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicazx View Post
    Yes.
    Interesting sig you got there..... Wondering why u have it?......

Anyway the fixed camera is wonderful.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

You're all right to a degree. Ill say what i read. I read that many new players have troubles with rotating camera two diffrent ways. Being not use to it so this is a download and play game. Sort of a thing. Its kind of weird because i never seen any new players complain about screen rotation haha.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It's not needs. Go play diablo or torchlight, which this game was modeled off of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This has to be my biggest pet peeve with this game. I'm used to quickly changing my screen around in pvp. I have to guess if someone is down the hall =.=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    This has to be my biggest pet peeve with this game. I'm used to quickly changing my screen around in pvp. I have to guess if someone is down the hall =.=
    Yep it adds strategy and sneakiness when running the flag or.... Trying to find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The graphics in AL are much more complicated than the other games. The details in everything are much more complex as are the dungeons. For example, dungeons like the tombs where you get mobbed by dozens of monsters -- that doesn't happen in any other STS games. In the other games at most you get 2 or 3 monsters coming at you at a time. If they were to convert this to have camera rotation, there would be much more lag and most of the lower end devices would not be able to run the game properly and then everyone would complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The graphics in AL are much more complicated than the other games. The details in everything are much more complex as are the dungeons. For example, dungeons like the tombs where you get mobbed by dozens of monsters -- that doesn't happen in any other STS games. In the other games at most you get 2 or 3 monsters coming at you at a time. If they were to convert this to have camera rotation, there would be much more lag and most of the lower end devices would not be able to run the game properly and then everyone would complain.
    hmmm... well I agree with you on the textures and graphics... but the mob example is incorrect. I've had more than 20 mobs coming at me at once in DL. And many times many more than 5 in PL.

Fact is... graphics take up a LOT of bandwidth. If you want fantastic graphics like we have in AL, you have to lose out somewhere else. Developers thought they could save a lot of resources by removing things like touch to move and camera rotation. I've gotten use it it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Adapt and overcome

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Here's why:

Name:  no-camera-rotate.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  77.7 KB

This is a picture in Windmoore behind Shazbot (as a Dev I can move the camera around).

Notice that there is no geometry for the rest of Shazbot's wagon? Also, notice that there is nothing out over the water that you can see from Windmoore? The game lacks a lot of "extras" in the environment in an effort to help keep the framerate of your device good when you play. The entire game is built around a fixed camera. If the camera were to be unlocked and freely rotated, users would see all this "broken" stuff. If we fill in all the other stuff, then everyone has to suffer with worse framerate just so that some people can rotate their cameras.

Also, all of our new user testing of Pocket Legends, Star Legends and Dark Legends pointed out problems that the average user has playing the game and dealing with a freely rotating camera. Arcane Legends is simply more user friendly because of a fixed camera.

Sorry, but the camera will not be made to be freely rotated. I hope the above helps you better understand why.

Thanks for playing Arcane Legends!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Also, all of our new user testing of Pocket Legends, Star Legends and Dark Legends pointed out problems that the average user has playing the game and dealing with a freely rotating camera. Arcane Legends is simply more user friendly because of a fixed camera.
    I concurr, I downloaded and played Star Legends for the first time earlier today and found that having to control movement + camera + weapons at the same time was somewhat cumbersome, the chase cam option mostly eliminated the need to control tbe camera but I kept on finding that it wasn't very intuitive - the experience I had playing Star Legends made me think how good the fixed camera on Arcane Legends is because it's one less thing to worry about when you're in the midst of battle.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Here's why:

Name:  no-camera-rotate.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  77.7 KB

This is a picture in Windmoore behind Shazbot (as a Dev I can move the camera around).

Notice that there is no geometry for the rest of Shazbot's wagon? Also, notice that there is nothing out over the water that you can see from Windmoore? The game lacks a lot of "extras" in the environment in an effort to help keep the framerate of your device good when you play. The entire game is built around a fixed camera. If the camera were to be unlocked and freely rotated, users would see all this "broken" stuff. If we fill in all the other stuff, then everyone has to suffer with worse framerate just so that some people can rotate their cameras.

Sorry, but the camera will not be made to be freely rotated. I hope the above helps you better understand why.

Thanks for playing Arcane Legends!
    That angle is so cool...
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue