Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What are your top PvP CTF balance concerns?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question What are your top PvP CTF balance concerns?

More PvP bug fixes and balance changes are coming.

We have our list and want to check in with you. What do you feel could be better balanced or improved with Arcane Legends Capture the Flag PvP?

Please, no replies of "make my class a PvP god!" kk thx!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The level difference should be reduced from -/+ 2 to -/+ 1... There is a huge stat difference from the low end of the determined range to the high range with it being a total of 4 levels different... A level 8 versus a level 12 will lose 9 out of 10 times, if not ALL the time. A level 8 versus a level 10 will have a much more balanced chance to win.

The imbalance between an 8 versus a 12 comes in all ways.. From the gear improving all stats substantially with the addition of the large amount of stat points / skill points alloted.

Lady_Pebbles

ONE HIT KILLS - This is on the top of my list. No class should have that ability. Ever.

MACROS USERS - Also on the top of my list. Players on Chrome have an advantage with that and its hella frustrating.

BUILDS - Many players (including me) spent a lit of plat trying to find the right build for ourselves just for PvP but that can also be used for PvE. We need a way to have both builds. Wvhills has a great suggestion in the feedback forum.

SURVIVABILITY - One or two skills shouldn't be -vital- for PvP survival. One class shouldn't have a higher survival rate than the other either.

ONE SIDED MATCHES - A match with one side filled with one class and the other with a mix of classes, should not be OP. Like one side filled with tanks and the other with two tanks, one mage, two rogues... Slaughter house. -.- Btw, I mean dmg not classes stacking.

LEVEL BRACKETS - Like the player above me said we need a better bracket. My lvl12 toon should not be in a match with lvl20 toons. My friend took screen shots and reported this but the problem is still there.

MINI MAP - It would be great if we could see our opponent's possitions on the map. <~just a suggestion ppl don't get all hyped up on it. XD

ALSO! I made a couple posts below.. Please read!

I got more but will list them later when I remember them. x.x

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-12-2013 at 09:39 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Dmg and dps should be sliced in half or close to that.
    PvP should have set brackets, not this +-3 of the first person to join or whatever.
    There should only be a max of 2 stuns for each class, one for the normal charge attack and one skill if that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    More PvP bug fixes and balance changes are coming.

We have our list and want to check in with you. What do you feel could be better balanced or improved with Arcane Legends Capture the Flag PvP?

Please, no replies of "make my class a PvP god!" kk thx!
    please look at locked chest weapons for lower class PvP (10-16)...those def need adjustments. on all classes.
    and dazing..some attacks lasts to long..and bows for rouges can hurt a bit to much
    Last edited by octavos; 02-12-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ONE SIDED MATCHES - A match with one side filled with one class and the other with a mix of classes, should not be OP. Like one side filled with tanks and the other with two tanks, one mage, two rogues... Slaughter house. -.-
    Did you ever think that alot of people do PVP in guild Groups? This should not be a issue what so ever because there should not be a restriction on what classes can be in what group. If i want to have a 5 man Warrior Team with my guild, or a 5 man rogue team or what ever mixture i want, i should be able to.

PvP should have set brackets, not this +-3 of the first person to join or whatever.
    I Agree with this, +- 1 Level would be perfect

There should only be a max of 2 stuns for each class, one for the normal charge attack and one skill if that.
    Dont agree with this, what ever skills a class has should be kept how it is. every class seems to be able to stun pretty good. It just depends on if you can get out of there in time or stun them before they stun you. I Think the stun system is pretty good as of right now even tho Mages are pretty hard core stun machines but they have to be they cant stand much damage without there shield.

MINI MAP - It would be great if we could see our opponent's possitions on the map.
    This would defeat any purpose of any type of surprise attacks or group attacks and would just have people run from everyone. I think you not being able to see enemy's is fine and is not making any type of gaming worse or better as of right now.

ONE HIT KILLS - This is on the top of my list. No class should jave that ability. Ever.
    That would defeat the purpose of your crit % being worth anything. Crits are ment to be Mega Damage Hits. If you got a critical hit in real life and a bullet hit you in the head you would be dead unless you are very lucky. 1 hit crits is a Luck % unless your HP is just out right low which is then your fault on your end because i rarely get 1 hit. I notice i 1 hit mages more then anyone. Not a big problem if you ask me ...

MACROS USERS - Also on the top of my list. Players on Chrome have an advantage with that and its hella frustrating.
    If you use Macro's your more at a disadvantage if anything. Macro users can not charge there attacks so there basiclly using there mana super fast and depending on how they have there macro set up, just messes them up more then anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I think you should NOT be able to capture a flag unless YOUR flag is at your base. I think there should be some sort of warning rather it be something flashing or something that the enemy has your flag, There should be more then 1 map, more game modes, a Safe Zone or something but once your into a fight, you can no longer enter that safe zone till the fight has been done for like 3 seconds or something, maybe a shield on the doors so they cant go back in once in a fight or i dont know something you can figure out lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Take away Rogue's 'One hit kill'. Take away all these healing from warriors, cause they never die. I mean, us mages are too weak and we can't enjoy Player VS. Player at all when level 20 - 21. You just can't. You're the rat of the game. Level 10, 15 and 17 is good as a mage. Oh, and all I ask for is this:

Make something that auto boots players not moving (AFK) for more than a minute. It will allow teams to be HERE TO FIGHT and not AFK or will make non-stop PvP kill farmers STOP.

Thanks for asking us, though.
    Last edited by Madstar; 02-12-2013 at 03:30 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Madstar For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgenocide:966439
    Did you ever think that alot of people do PVP in guild Groups? This should not be a issue what so ever because there should not be a restriction on what classes can be in what group. If i want to have a 5 man Warrior Team with my guild, or a 5 man rogue team or what ever mixture i want, i should be able to.

All the matches I've been in, not all of them are in a group. Lots of matches players are scattered everywhere. Also, I never said put a restriction like that. -.- In talking dmg not classes.

This would defeat any purpose of any type of surprise attacks or group attacks and would just have people run from everyone. I think you not being able to see enemy's is fine and is not making any type of gaming worse or better as of right now.

Actually I disagree, I seriously think it would be a huge help. Especially since we don't have any camera movements.

That would defeat the purpose of your crit % being worth anything. Crits are ment to be Mega Damage Hits. If you got a critical hit in real life and a bullet hit you in the head you would be dead unless you are very lucky. 1 hit crits is a Luck % unless your HP is just out right low which is then your fault on your end because i rarely get 1 hit. I notice i 1 hit mages more then anyone. Not a big problem if you ask me ...

Game =/= real life. Critical hits should output the most dmg possible but NOT give one hit kills when the opponent has a full hp bar. Point blank. Smh.

If you use Macro's your more at a disadvantage if anything. Macro users can not charge there attacks so there basiclly using there mana super fast and depending on how they have there macro set up, just messes them up more then anything.

Also gives them a huge advantage of making huge dmg (an amount that shouldn't even be possible) before running for a mana pack or they can adjust some other keys to replenish mana. Depends how they're doing it

Now, I think you should NOT be able to capture a flag unless YOUR flag is at your base. I think there should be some sort of warning rather it be something flashing or something that the enemy has your flag, There should be more then 1 map, more game modes, a Safe Zone or something but once your into a fight, you can no longer enter that safe zone till the fight has been done for like 3 seconds or something, maybe a shield on the doors so they cant go back in once in a fight or i dont know something you can figure out lol...

The point of CtF is which team can get #of flags in before the other team. With what you're suggesting, if each team has the opponent's flag then the game will never end until the flag carriers die. With heals, they will last a whiiiile lol. Smh.

Safe zones can be used strategicly so I disagree. However, I do think that spawn kills are annoying. Perhaps they could just make the respawn areas a restricted section for a certain amount of time after a player respawns. Better yet, make the respawned player have invulnerability for a few seconds by not being able to leave the spawn area &/or no one can from the opposite team can enter that area until the timer runs out? Not sure but it is annoying lol.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-12-2013 at 03:42 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

As a sorcerer, a lot of things bother me:
    1. Getting one hit through a wall is a big one.
    2. Being pulled back by a warrior also through a wall holding me until he can come and clobber me.
    3. Only having a chance to win a battle if it is 1 v 1.
    4. Having players on one team leave so that there are 5 v 1 or 5 v 2, that is not fair for either side.

One of the biggest changes I think needs to be made is how the rogue and warrior both have a way to jump up to you from far away. Good rogues and warriors will do this and one hit you to kill or stun and then you are just stuck there to die. Those classes always catch up to me as I move around the map. I had to respec for added speed from gale to have a chance but that effect does not work when you have the flag.

I don't know if this is a problem, but why does the flag bearer move so slow?

I do like not knowing where the enemies are. I don't think that should change.

I know I can be a better player, but this game is currently unbalanced for the sorcerer. This game should be fun but it makes me want to throw my phone across the room when I die without even seeing my enemy.
    Last edited by jlinder2003; 02-12-2013 at 04:50 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jlinder2003 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Other forms...

I believe there should be a pvp where you go buy # of kills rather than flags. You can do this in pocket legends so why not on arcane legends?

Battle Dragons: BoNeZ1699
    Other StS games: pm for the names if you want them. I rarely play them nowadays

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Something needs to be done about the spawn killing. Ran into a group of 5 last night that would run from spawn to spawn to kill lonely ole me. 5 on 1 is very tiring. So I made it a game of hide and seek. It was kinda pathetic, but oh well. I finally just left because they weren't getting the rock and just 3 green tanks jumping on me.. a mage stunning me and a rogue getting the death blow.

Maybe make the lobby so you know what type of team you are going to face. Facing a siamese quintuplet of tanks all green with envy of the others is quite frustrating. I can then choose whether to stay or go.

Macros.... not sure what to do about but have seen strange stuff in the past few days. Maybe its the lag.

Need to add a second type of pvp area. The same map is getting stale. CTF is losing its luster.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As a level 21 sorceror, my biggest complaint by far, is how OP warriors are. They beat us at everything:
    1) More health
    2) More armor
    3) More range
    4) Faster
    5) Heal better
    6) Kill faster
    7) I think we stun about the same rate, but not sure.

Come on. You gotta give us something here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

* set level arenas (not based on first in), have a range like 7-10 11-14, whatever
    * reduce stun. All classes take advantage of it in some way but it needs to be reduced. How can it be seen as fun to be stunlocked to where you cannot even use a skill? Drives people away from game when there is literally nothing they can do to fight back. Maybe a stun immunity that is relative the amount of time you are stunned. 2s stun = 6s stun immune (3x), or whatever. For warriors a reduced change of stun from skyward (make it 15 instead of 25 for example).
    * leaderboard for more than just flag capture and deathblow (kills and deathblows separate?)
    * some incentive to win CTF
    Last edited by wolfkult; 02-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Picosecond(26)/Nanowire(10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I agree with a few things others have mentioned.
    The most disturbing thing is the 100% perma stun from whatever class, should be toned down a little bit

A wall is there for a reason. It can't be that I get shot through the wall or even from the neighboring room.
    That's pretty much a joke.

Spawn killers. I've seen it on my teams, too.
    They split and wait in each room, kill the others and send them to their mates to get killed, etc.

Camping at the base with the whole team should have a time restriction because some teams never try to get flags.
    They just wait for u to come pick up the flag so they can beat u up with the whole family lol
    I don't mind if its a few times but when they stay for like more than 5 minutes it gets frustrating.
    Is there any way to solve this?

Lady mentioned it above... It would be nice if we could see our opponents on the map.
    This way many unnecessary deaths can be avoided xD

Oh yea, lvl range should be only +/-1 for obvious reasons.

The teams should be auto generated so pros wouldn't just stick with pros to slaughter other teams.

Will add other points later when I remember them ^_^
    Last edited by Bebsi; 02-12-2013 at 05:04 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Nothing. Fine as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Im honestly fine with everything, im a warrior
    I think each classes have their own weaknesses and own strength its a matter of a right specs and right strategy
    Rogues can kill me as fast as i can kill em, or as slow whatsoever
    Mages can kill me, i can kill em. And if a lot of people have a problem with "rogues" being unbalance then theyre doing something wrong
    The only reason why most rogues got most kills in pvp is its because some or most of it are stolen kills just cuz theyre faster.

I personally think that they should set up "kills" based on the damage u did, not on who Hit them last.

- My build for my warrior can be used for both PVE and PVP , and own. Its really all about knowledge, less more on playing around with the specs.
    You gotta know your character. Learn the use of each specs, what theyre about
    i did not play around specs a lot, but based on my knowledge about warriors i came up with i believe ONE of the best specs for warrior
    Last edited by inkredible; 02-12-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekdub View Post
    As a level 21 sorceror, my biggest complaint by far, is how OP warriors are. They beat us at everything:
    1) More health
    2) More armor
    3) More range
    4) Faster
    5) Heal better
    6) Kill faster
    7) I think we stun about the same rate, but not sure.

Come on. You gotta give us something here.
    Warriors do not stun the same, out of all the classes.. warriors actually stun the least.. MAGES i believe stun the most, then rogues. our stun is only 25% and thats it , cannot be increased in any way

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I have come to accept most things but the one that I have the biggest issue with is the ridiculous range that Warriors have.

Somehow, it seems that their swords can hit me from 10-12m away. Their Stomps cover tremendous range (which in and of itself isn't a huge issue), but their Windmills seem to affect me around corners, and basically just within bow range. That has to stop. If Warriors attacks have bow-like range, well....that doesn't make that much sense to me.

Next is the concept of teaming - again, at it's core, not a huge issue, but Warriors traveling in packs are unstoppable. They keep buffing eachother to attain invincibility, plus their myriad of stun attacks and heal buffs make them far too OP.

Finally, I am reasonable fine with the incredible range that Sorcerers have, plus I have come to accept all of their stuns, but the invincibility shield puts them in the same class as Warriors. Two Sorcerers together, between the stun capability, long range fireballs, heals, etc., make them very hard to take down.

Rogues, unfortunately do not have any of the above abilities, so without the max crit attack (Aimed Shot), they are an inferior class, designed only for finishing kills. They cannot absorb much damage, they don't have any shield-like effect, they lack many of the stun attacks, and they seem to die rather quickly against a good group.

Just my 2 cents...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadStar View Post
    Take away Rogue's 'One hit kill'. Take away all these healing from warriors, cause they never die. I mean, us mages are too weak and we can't enjoy Player VS. Player at all when level 20 - 21. You just can't. You're the rat of the game. Level 10, 15 and 17 is good as a mage. Oh, and all I ask for is this:

Make something that auto boots players not moving (AFK) for more than a minute. It will allow teams to be HERE TO FIGHT and not AFK or will make non-stop PvP kill farmers STOP.

Thanks for asking us, though.
    How did you get 22k ctf kills in 2 days?? You must play alot

Lady_Pebbles

Like many others... I have one of each class... So here is what I noticed...

Rogues have a high critical % & chance that causes them to deal a lot of dmg in a short amount of time. Their range is also higher than Mages. However, Mages have high DOTs that are also AOEs and yes the stuns work back-to-back when using Fireball and charged weapon but Rogues can also keep you stunned and one hit kill Mages when their HP is full -despite- having shield up. Warriors have a huuuuge survival rate. Its really ridiculous! Between the invulnerability combined with the heal ticks its like Mage's Shield AND Heal spells put together while doing hella dmg plus having range close to or the same as Rogues!

I think they need to seriously nerf the critical rates/%, stuns, ranges, and survivability on all classes to make each one just as capable of killing the other without having any advantages against each other.

EDIT: Damn I should have put this on my post above... Probably won't get read much now... >_< lol

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-12-2013 at 06:39 PM.