Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What are your top PvP CTF balance concerns?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I want to keep this thread going the conversation is very constructive.

Me personally I suggest that they remove all stun features from PVP and raise or lower stats accordingly between all classes to even the playing field.

As a lvl 21 warrior, nothing is more frustrating than fighting (either in a group or more of a 1 vs 1 scenario) and being stunned in place. You can't move, can't retaliate just hope that something happens and you can get off HoR or something. In my personal opinion stun locking a character requires a lot of skill but also it is an unfair advantage for any class to be able to do. Now the argument I see is that if a sorcerer or rouge can not stun lock then they will be killed instantly by a warrior. That also is unfair, no class should have to rely on stun locking to survive a fight. Again going back to my suggestion of removing stun abilities and making more of a level playing field concerning dps, hp, armor all that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If you want to find out which classes are OP, ask yourself these questions:

1) Who has a better chance, a sorcerer against 2 rogues? or a rogue against 2 sorcerers?

2) Who has a better chance, a sorcerer against 2 warriors? or a warrior against 2 sorcerers?

3) Who has a better chance, a rogue against 2 warriors? or a warrior against 2 rogues?

Answer these questions and you will have your answer. I'm pretty sure everyone would answer #1 & #2 the same. For #3 there may be some debate, but still probably not so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Invulnerability. I pmd u about it Sam
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

For mages u have to have shield. lifegiver and stun to survive for a few seconds in pvp. not even to think about win any fight. this is the biggest problem. everyone hates stun. its not fun for anyone being stuned.
    if takes stun away. there r alot of work need b done on mages.
    Last edited by warbluefish; 02-14-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here another idea for balancing the classes... The 3 classes in AL are not so different in idea than the 3 original classes in PL. The only major difference between the balancing of the 3 classes in both games is the powerful heal skills that warriors have in AL. Imagine if in PL bears had a heal skill just as good as mages did. How OP would they be?

So maybe the solution is to leave all the fighting skills and stats the same, but to simply nerf the warriors heal skill to make it like the bear's heal skill in PL (pretty weak). Then on the other hand you could make the sorcerer heal skill a bit more powerful, and leave the rogue's heal skill as is.

Then warriors would not be as hard to kill, and sorcerers would not be as easy to kill and then heal skill would actually be sufficient and we wouldn't all need to have shield to survive. Sorcerers would also become just as important as rogues and warriors, and the warriors would not run off and do their own thing. It would encourage team work and make it so the best team would be a mixture of classes and not just a whole team of warriors.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-14-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Create a new PvP arena for 1v1

CTF should be a team effort and a win should be just registered as a win for the whole team, the kill and death of the the players should not be tabulated..

Those hero that love 1v1 should join the new 1v1 arena, which their kills and death will be recorded and published at the leader scoreboard..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Cross-posting from a thought on a different thread...hopefully, it gets more visibility here:

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    WARRIORS
    The way I see it, the Warrior class is the most egregiously unbalanced class at the moment. Unlike other classes, where there are inherent weaknesses to them in one form or another, I don't see any with this class...at least right now. From what I have seen and encountered, there are three traits that make them OP:

1) Massive heal skill
    2) Bow like range on melee attacks
    3) Ability to put up invincibility shield

Issue #3 is more of a problem when two or more Warriors get together and buff each other. See fix for critique.

To solve the Warrior issues, I present the following remedies:

1) Nerf heal skill in PvP or make it only affect the caster (no group heal)
    2) A sword with 10m range is just plain silly, make it a more reasonable 3-4m, but leave the Windmill area upgrade intact.
    3) Put a system into place that does not allow another Warrior to receive invincibility while his skill is still cooling down.

These three fixes will nearly eliminate the "Wolf Pack" attack methodology where Warriors group together, buffing invincibility on eachother, and healing eachother, which makes this group nearly impossible to take down. Reducing the attack range also allows enemies to actually flee without being killed from outside of bow/gun range.

At the end of the day, Warriors are supposed to be tanks - high HP and high Armor but slow and with lower damage than other classes. In the current configuration, they are an attack class which is unbecoming of their general archetype.

SORCERERS
    Sorcerers have a fair number of stun/snare/debuff abilities, have tremendous self and group buff ability, have a tremendous mob control skill in the form of Fireball, and have enough attack range to avoid melee contact (which would be bad, for them at least). Unfortunately, Sorcerers have three major faults:

1) Low damage attribute
    2) No jump/shadow piercer type skill
    3) Low HP and Armor

I believe that this can be solved with the following:

1) INT should contribute to DMG stat, but not at same level as Rogue.
    2) Add a teleport upgrade to Gale, so Sorcerers can run/jump the same as Rogues/Warriors.
    3) Change shield skill so that there is a 2 second "reflection" ability, where any attack (Aimed Shot) reflects back to caster.

These three fixes will increase survivability and will prevent other players from always hunting and targeting Sorcerers to boost their kill stats. This will also allow Sorcerers to get more kills.

The problem that I see in PvP is that Sorcerers are still, basically, a support class. Even with the new builds being shared, Sorcerers still are very squishy and typically don't inflict enough damage to register a lot of kills. These changes will balance out the offensive capabilities of the class, but still leaves them rather squishy without shielding. In most other RPGs, Mage/Sorcerer classes are consistently high damage classes with very low HP and Armor, so this would be a better reflection of what is typical for the class.

ROGUES
    Honestly, I believe the Rogue class to be the most balanced at the moment. Yes, they register a lot of kills because of Aimed Shots, but they also are quick to die and run out of mana at an alarming rate, so there are inherent weaknesses to the class (which is good). Like the Sorcerer class, Rogues are heavily reliant on a group, or 1v1 situations.

As it stands, there is really only one weakness that I can identify:

1) Missing some form of AoE stun/snare/debuff/evasion type ability

I believe that this can be fixed by introducing the following:

1) Add a Stun upgrade to Shadow Storm Shot

The reason why i suggest the Stun upgrade to SSS is because in PvP it is a completely worthless skill (long cool-down, minimal damage), so spending a skill point on this would make the skill somewhat useful during evasion - like when four Warriors are hunting you down, and you are low on HP and Mana....just saying. The problem is that other classes have evasion skills, but Rogues do not. For Rogues, it is impossible to flee from a mob because the only stun ability they have is from charged auto attacks, so at best you are talking about bow range - well within Skyward Smash, Fireball and Lightning range.

SO - I am curious what others think about my "fixes." I don't think I am being too heavy handed with any of them, so I am interested in everyone's feedback.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

its getting hard to play as mage with the heals and shield being nerfed.
    my shield pops when being attacked by 1-2 player. it seems like the duration and 15% dmg absorb upgrades are now useless, makes me to think of dropping them and add 2points on might making it 5/5.

now my shield is only good with the 2secs invulne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

remove normal attack change stun
    especially bow and gun stun, stun from a far then run and stun again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

To make sorcerers somewhat useful they should be the only class with healing capacity.
    Also give them a proper longer range. It is absurd that the other 2 classes have longer ranged attacks.
    Oh and give us some damage if kills is the only thing that matters for the lb.

Thanks for listening though, I had totally lost my hope on PVP being balanced.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Good stuff guys, thanks for your feedback.

We're continuing the discussion in a new thread, keeping in mind the change to add pets into PvP and correct issues with the stun immunity timer here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ge-PvP-Balance
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com