Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-02-14 Content Update (113386)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Oh, and I just had a thought. If I spend the 2 or 5 plat to speed up the chest and I get an elixir, will that elixir behave in the same fashion? Because that will really kill off any incentive to spend plat on the "speed up" feature.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I agree with Mike. As it was I was incentivized to play more. As it stands now I know it will be there whenever I choose to play, so I'm no longer being incentivized to play more. Again, in the old system when my iPad would ding and the note would say I have an ally waiting, I would immediately go check it out, and maybe play. Now when it dings I say, that's nice, I'll check it when I go in-game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think you guys are just not understanding their goals here. These gifts are meant to get you to play more often. If you only play once per week, then it's not working for you so they're not going to give you a free elixir -- you can buy one for plat instead. If you play every day then your reward for doing so is that you get an elixir from shazbot. If play many hours per day in more than one interval, then you can get an additional 2-3 free elixirs from klaas. That is how it works. It's not a "gift" but a "reward" for playing a lot. The more players there are playing a lot, the more successful the game is and the more money STS makes.
    Meanwhile, I don't log in at all and have no impulse to buy anything or do anything. Opposite effect.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Okay.... Cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    But don't you see? It's going to do the exact opposite for a lot of players.

On days I don't really have time to play, I would still log in to hit up the allies. Once I was in, I might do a couple of jarl or hauntlet runs, check the CS, say hi to someone in game, etc. The allies were the reason I logged in on a day I otherwise wouldn't have. So that's working exactly as you say it was meant to be.

But now, with the ally elixirs ticking down at all times, I have no motivation to log in on those days, and therefore will never have those moments of impulsivity where I think "Eh, I'm already in game, might as well do a few runs real quick". I know I'm not the only one who's habits will change like that, either. So yeah, for a lot of players, this will likely kill off the incentive to log in during their non-dedicated gaming time.

I'm not saying it should go back to exactly the way it was before. I'll be the first to admit it was pretty ridiculous. My mage and rogue were pretty stocked up on elixirs as I simply haven't had the time to play them for quite sometime now, but I was still visiting their allies each day. But the change to the elixers in this update isn't the answer. They could have gone with much better options. Like limiting each character to one elixir per ally, that way, if you still have an elixir from klaas when he gives you a new one, then the new one overwrites the old one. So basically you can only ev have two free elixirs at any given time, one from klaas and one from shazbot. Or they could have simply coded it to where if you already have an ally elixir when you visit the ally, and the chest he gives you contains an elixir, you just get 5 potions instead.

Anyways, back to the original point: If they want to keep the free elixirs ticking down like they are now, then they should really consider changing the allies from timers to daily "quests".
    I agree with some of what you say.

My guess is that they changed it because folks that usually buy elixirs were no longer buying them, including myself. I have a strong feeling that most of the complaints are coming from people who never (or rarely) buy plat elixirs anyway, so of course they are going to complain when the only elixirs they ever use get taken away.

But the idea of a daily quest does not really cause people to log in more often than they normally would. Instead they will just log in at the usual times they normally would but instead of buying an elixir they will go do the quest to get their free one.

STS wants to give you the opportunity to get a free elixir when it is NOT convenient for you. The same way that many restaurants have the "early bird" special at 5pm.... Why can't I get that special at 8pm when I want to eat dinner? Understand my point? The goal is to push you to play at times when you otherwise would not. Letting you get the elixir whenever you want does not help that goal. In fact, it probably just ruins their sales of plat elixirs.

There is no really perfect solution to this issue. Giving away free elixirs is certainly going to hurt sales of elixirs to a certain extent. I think their hope is that it will cause enough people to play more often so that it's worth that loss of plat elixir sales. More people playing results in a more popular game which will draw new players, and some of those new players will purchase plat. They are looking at their bottom line here, and I'm guessing the previous system was hurting business.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-15-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Pvp will be chaos now. Don't make elixir no timing cuz its not 24hr but 1 hr or less
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Doing the elixir timer thing might make business sense, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna whine about it. I'm not sure it even makes business sense though. They could have made other changes to the elixirs, such as making them less powerful (+25% xp and +10% damage/luck/etc, or something like that), but taking something away from your customers is not usually the best business move.

For me personally, I pretty much have no incentive to log in for the chests now, since whatever I get is just gonna go away while I'm offline, and I already have like at least 2-3 each of all the eggs Klaas gives away. I actually thought it was good the way it was before. You could collect elixirs, but they didn't stack, so it didn't matter much. The most you could ever play with free elixirs at any one time was 60 minutes, and that was only if you got lucky and Klaas gave you the combo for one of your chests. I don't know about anyone else, but I was still buying plat elixirs. Now I'm less inclined to, because I feel slighted. I would have felt a lot better about this if STS had even just made the announcement ahead of time to let people know they were going to "correct" this so-called "oversight."
    Last edited by McBain; 02-16-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

I wouldnt whine so much about elixir.. if anything you SHOULD ALL BE THANKFUL that youre still getting some elixir for FREE
    its better than them taking out shazbot and klaas, then have u fully paid to have elixirs

Anywyas i like the doubled xp update today.. its just kind of unfair in a way some people had to work for it for days to get to 21..
    while well.. i made a new toon this afteroon.. got to lvl 20 in maybe 3-4 hours LOL , while took meeee days for my main acc, not complainin
    but it would be nice if..

we have ONE DAY doubled XP when NEW LEVEL CAP COMES.. .. like FIRST DAY of new level cap ..for one day doubled XP.. then if theres another new level cap coming.. another "DOUBLED XP" before that cap ends.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    PvP balance is something we will keep evaluating with metrics, testing and feedback from you guys. If it turns out that Warriors are now too powerful, we'll try to figure out the best action to even the playing field but it's too early to say right now.

Stun immunity lasts 7.5 seconds from when you get stunned (so if you get stunned for 2.5 seconds, it will be five seconds after it's gone, before you can be stunned again). Again, we might adjust that number if it feels too high or low.
    I wonder if warriors kept complaining how other classes could stun them and kill them which inspired this change. I guess any class that had a chance to kill a warrior was out of balance because the stun immunity has allowed warriors to own all classes now... I play primarly a mage and am on leaderboards for flag captures. It's almost impossible for a mage to score a flag now with a warrior in pursuit. They can now close the distance and windmill us to death with us having no chance to stun and get away. Not to mention it use to take a skilled mage to 1vs1 a warrior now warriors with second class armors and pets can own because I hit them with everything I have and they smile and keep on coming. This change allows warriors to get over initial stun if they don't use juggernaught and have 7.5 sec to skyward smash stunning me and windmill me to death. Mage shield is a joke when this happens and offers the warrior a chance to hit me with regular attack maybe one or two more times before I'm done for. These most recent changes were not well thought out or tested. Please make sure u guys actually do some in game testing before applying patches like this pitching two classes against each other to see if there really is a balance instead of testing in production and looking at the data later to see if u messed up. I would rather wait a few more days for a well thought out and tested releases instead of fighting through it right before lvl cap to keep on leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeaaahh i agree with u..
    Wish, It will be fix soon

I think the socerer in pvp its too weak than rogue and warior :@ its not fair..

A rogue can killed my socerer just one hit kill.. My socerer perfomance is 24.59% dodge.. And 1456 HP.. And 416 armor..
    So, it cant be kill just one hit, right?
    (

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    I wouldnt whine so much about elixir.. if anything you SHOULD ALL BE THANKFUL that youre still getting some elixir for FREE
    its better than them taking out shazbot and klaas, then have u fully paid to have elixirs

Anywyas i like the doubled xp update today.. its just kind of unfair in a way some people had to work for it for days to get to 21..
    while well.. i made a new toon this afteroon.. got to lvl 20 in maybe 3-4 hours LOL , while took meeee days for my main acc, not complainin
    but it would be nice if..

we have ONE DAY doubled XP when NEW LEVEL CAP COMES.. .. like FIRST DAY of new level cap ..for one day doubled XP.. then if theres another new level cap coming.. another "DOUBLED XP" before that cap ends.
    The thing is, I am gratefull to get free elixirs, but on the other hand, I am not getting them at all. You see, I wanted to pick up some elixirs on my alts and exp them, since it's the 2x XP weekend, and got the same thing on all 3 alts - I picked them up, but nothing happened, the message popped up, that they gave me the chest, but actually gave me nothing (I read in some other topic, that this is probably a thing taken form PL - If you don't pick it up at the right time, there will be no gift at all). So if I pick a gift later, than I am supposed to, I get nothing, which is not giving me anything for free, but actually forcing me to buy elixirs from the shop. Which on the other hand was a really good idea for STS bussiness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok. Elixir thing is REALLY disappointing. Don't have ALL day to play AL. Aswell those who are raging that mages are underpowered, ill tell you one thing. This game is young first. Second is that Mage is a SUPPORT. If you die alone - ou are not team player, so it means - you are NOT good and don't understand that Mage is a support. Warrior? In ALL MMO tanks have and dmg survivibility. Mages are always supporting their team. Why do you think they have best stun? Yes support the team by stunning opposit team while your team is killing em. You may get a kill with lightning. I really don't get it if you are SO PRO and "good" Mage, why you didn't get that YOU are a support. Warriors are here to tank, rogues to do insane dmg, sorcerers are here to support their team. Hope you got my point. Also, need some better connection. In PvP you press a skill, but it works only when YOUR opponent will see it. Pets - good update, I like it. Gives more survivibility and supports you well. Though their dmg should be less. Buffs should stay as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrego View Post
    Ok. Elixir thing is REALLY disappointing. Don't have ALL day to play AL. Aswell those who are raging that mages are underpowered, ill tell you one thing. This game is young first. Second is that Mage is a SUPPORT. If you die alone - ou are not team player, so it means - you are NOT good and don't understand that Mage is a support. Warrior? In ALL MMO tanks have and dmg survivibility. Mages are always supporting their team. Why do you think they have best stun? Yes support the team by stunning opposit team while your team is killing em. You may get a kill with lightning. I really don't get it if you are SO PRO and "good" Mage, why you didn't get that YOU are a support. Warriors are here to tank, rogues to do insane dmg, sorcerers are here to support their team. Hope you got my point. Also, need some better connection. In PvP you press a skill, but it works only when YOUR opponent will see it. Pets - good update, I like it. Gives more survivibility and supports you well. Though their dmg should be less. Buffs should stay as they are.
    Problem is most teams don't act like a team. Warriors and rogues just run off on their own, and since sorcerer is slower I cannot keep up with them so I end up by myself and then warriors and rogues from the other team chase me. So either make it so that I can compete, or else let me make a party and choose my own CTF team. Because right now all I can do is join random games, and 95% of them are like I just described.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    For me personally, I pretty much have no incentive to log in for the chests now, since whatever I get is just gonna go away while I'm offline
    STS never wanted you to sign on just to get the elixir but then save it for later when you would normally sign in.

It sounds like you are saying that getting a free elixir is not enough to get you to alter your playing schedule. If that is the case, then what WOULD cause you to alter your playing schedule and play more often? I think that is what STS would want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I actually thought it was good the way it was before. You could collect elixirs, but they didn't stack, so it didn't matter much. The most you could ever play with free elixirs at any one time was 60 minutes
    Since AL is a mobile game, most folks don't play for longer than 60 minutes in a day, and if they are using their free elixir during that time, then they are NOT buying one for plat. This results in loss of sales. They want folks to buy elixirs and not just get the free ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

This whole thing is backfiring on me. See, I'm a bit Virgo (probably one of my planets) so whenever I see a red number on the icon, I want to clear it. But now if I clear it, I have to play or lose it. It could be free potions or an egg, but I hesitate nonetheless. I think I haven't logged in much lately. I used to collect at work. Now... I dunno, man... it's too messy to leave the number there. Bah! It will be a bit before I can play. Easier to just clear the app off the screen. That looks much cleaner. Don't worry, I will DL it again in a day or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

niceeee i wish i had time to playyy bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    This whole thing is backfiring on me. See, I'm a bit Virgo (probably one of my planets) so whenever I see a red number on the icon, I want to clear it. But now if I clear it, I have to play or lose it. It could be free potions or an egg, but I hesitate nonetheless. I think I haven't logged in much lately. I used to collect at work. Now... I dunno, man... it's too messy to leave the number there. Bah! It will be a bit before I can play. Easier to just clear the app off the screen. That looks much cleaner. Don't worry, I will DL it again in a day or two.
    A little OCD are we? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A little OCD are we? LOL
    slightly, yeah... but not to worry, I still have a long way to go on my fox and my rhino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

milagros
    Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • New weapons and armor available in Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. Yarrr!
    • Your pets will now fight with you in PvP combat!
    • Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP.
    • Daggers with slow proc will no longer proc 100% of the time when using charged attack.
    • Juggernaut Skill now properly displays the amount of Health added.
    • The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

quiero ganar porfavor