I feel the same about pet clutter. For 1 vs 1, maybe 2 vs 2, pets add an extra dimension of play, I think as someone else stated similar to a 5th skill. But once you get in to mobs of 3-5 vs 3-5 plus their pets you can't see anything. As Energ said above its almost like you just throw yourself in and hope for the best. You can't see what skills others are using or where they are moving so it does on a base level reduce some battles to pure button mashing. Some might argue that you dont have to throw yourself into the melee, but even if attacking from a range it would be better to see what you are targeting instead of just hoping for the best. I think the suggestion to add the pet bonus but remove the pet itself from the game is a good solution to the clutter for a 5 v 5 game. Another possible solution might be to reduce the number of players allowed in games with pets. Perhaps a 2 v 2 pvp or maybe a 3 v 3 pvp player limit and you'd probably be able to see better, use some strategy and still get pet action.