Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    That is very true tho, and I never said no to that. But if the AA does indeed hit, the rouge is as good as dead.
    I find it ridiulous tanks now also stunlock.
    But a no bow rouge vs a mythic gun mage (10m price difference in weapons) is pretty bad for the rouge. I think you should calculate the gears too. I've been 2 shot mages countless times. It's virtually impossible to PvP without decent gear. And a lot of people can't afford a mythic armor even.
    Yes I 100% agree with u there. No skill is required anymore. Its all about the gear u can only get from locked. Thats half the reason farming is dead now.

Another issue is that we have had the same amount of armor for 2 seasons and the damage is at such an insane amount from any class...nobody stands a chance. Rogues are often the topic of discussion because they are the only class to one shot 2 of the classes.

Balance is destroyed and IMHO its too late for sts to do anything about it. It will stay this way till the game eventually fails. If they dont change the gear to where its actually worth farming or change pvp have some sort of balance, I dont see the end too far in the future.

Ive already seen soo many players that absolutely love the game rage quit because of the above reasons

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Hue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I dont find warriors stun gods unless they use a maul since the maul stuns everytime it procs and maul stun does not intervene with the 7 second stun immunity. Smart warriors wait for their maul to stun than use samaels arcane than go for the axe stun....its truly powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    Yes I 100% agree with u there. No skill is required anymore. Its all about the gear u can only get from locked. Thats half the reason farming is dead now.

Another issue is that we have had the same amount of armor for 2 seasons and the damage is at such an insane amount from any class...nobody stands a chance. Rogues are often the topic of discussion because they are the only class to one shot 2 of the classes.

Balance is destroyed and IMHO its too late for sts to do anything about it. It will stay this way till the game eventually fails. If they dont change the gear to where its actually worth farming or change pvp have some sort of balance, I dont see the end too far in the future.

Ive already seen soo many players that absolutely love the game rage quit because of the above reasons
    This is very true. People seem to forget to calculate gear and just jump straight to rouges being overpowered, when mages lightining also is now a powerful skill. And stunlocking plays a huge factor. I've already given up on this game, my LB spor is getting pushed out and I'm actually looking forward to getting dropped off.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I whole heartedly agree with you! Seen a few players leave the game because its just ridiculous! Pvp needs a whole clean sheet, and to top off the unbalanced damage, elixirs are usable giving most end game players 1k dps and 800+ dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hue View Post
    I whole heartedly agree with you! Seen a few players leave the game because its just ridiculous! Pvp needs a whole clean sheet, and to top off the unbalanced damage, elixirs are usable giving most end game players 1k dps and 800+ dmg.
    Lets not exaggerate the elixir issue. I rarely see people in PvP using elixirs, honestly. It's just far too expensive to consider.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Lets not exaggerate the elixir issue. I rarely see people in PvP using elixirs, honestly. It's just far too expensive to consider.
    Theres no exaggerating to be done. Fact thats all, Not going to get into a debate about it. Its expensive to the normal players, but to those who farm platinum its nothing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I get axed by tanks which take half my hp..and some people as we know use alot of plats..this is totally unfair and should be fixed asap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Theres no exaggerating to be done. Fact thats all, Not going to get into a debate about it. Its expensive to the normal players, but to those who farm platinum its nothing.
    Really? I rarely see elixirs being used in PvP.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    I get axed by tanks which take half my hp..and some people as we know use alot of plats..this is totally unfair and should be fixed asap
    Same goes for all classes. The fact that a war can get killed in a two hit comb with no jugg, or a matter of seconds in a clash with jugg is stupid. I've never heard of classes in any online pvp where a player has such an upperhand. Same for stun lock, Most cases you have a skill to break stun lock what does anyone have in al? Mages nothing, rogues nothing, wars jugg (given its fully charged) - which is still bugged since season 2. If a decent rogue catches you off guard your done same for mage.

Just wish the developers would pull their heads together listen and do something for once. Instead of throwing out shark week, double tokens, double odds.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would like to speak for the twinks aswell. I pvp Lvl 12-13, and I don't know about the other levels, but at this level, vs is terrible. Warrior vs Mage, hands down, warrior (I believe this is even endgame) a maxed warrior vs a maxed rogue = Endless, if they both know what they are doing. And if it ends, it takes 10+ minutes. The classes just seem unbalanced to me. I think a skillful Mage should be able to kill a rogue, and a tank. I play warrior and when I see a Mage I think to myself "food" not trying to act strong but it's the truth, who doesn't think that? Mages seem like a neglected class to me, and I sympathize for them,

Keep in mind I'm talking about twink level. Endgame may be a totally different story, I'm rusty on my endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdogxtreme View Post
    I would like to speak for the twinks aswell. I pvp Lvl 12-13, and I don't know about the other levels, but at this level, vs is terrible. Warrior vs Mage, hands down, warrior (I believe this is even endgame) a maxed warrior vs a maxed rogue = Endless, if they both know what they are doing. And if it ends, it takes 10+ minutes. The classes just seem unbalanced to me. I think a skillful Mage should be able to kill a rogue, and a tank. I play warrior and when I see a Mage I think to myself "food" not trying to act strong but it's the truth, who doesn't think that? Mages seem like a neglected class to me, and I sympathize for them,

Keep in mind I'm talking about twink level. Endgame may be a totally different story, I'm rusty on my endgame
    At endgame if a warrior is same skill and same gear matchup as a rogue...rogue will win
    Rogue > warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    I'd like to pin point, the combo goes as: Axe, smash, pet AA. I don't know why warrs are allowed to stunlock since it's supposed to be Warr > Mage > Rouge > Warr. ATM, if a warrior is successful in stunlocking, a rouge with lower gear will be eliminated. The new pink warrior weapon (Claymore assault) has an extremly powerful proc, whereas the exped bow's proc is garbage.

Also to the twink:
    Every RPG is meant to be played at endgame even tho some make lower levels. So it's only fair if they make PvP for endgamers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

In other RPG's mages inflict ridiculous amount of elemental damage (elemental -> ignores physical defense), which is a key characteristic of them. I think that this caused so much disbalance in PvP. Elemental system should be implemented and mage skills should deal corresponding damage type, which ignores physical defense, but is reduced by elemental resistances (so players will choose between physical and elemental defenses).
    Last edited by MoloToha; 08-27-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliB View Post
    You're trying to say a "perfect" fight, with 3 dmg attacks which most mages do not run in a pvp spec, and what you're talking about is most definitely not a stun lock considering you really only have 1 highly like to hit stun in your rotation with a 2.5 sec stun at max(because yes fire ball does not always give a max duration stun) and unless you're saying your mage can kill a skilled and geared rouge in 2.5 secs you sir are a god.

It's not called a "stun lock" if you are stunning your opponent every 7 sec or so it's just called a "stun". Also I did not say you stated that a rouge should have a stun I was simply stating that "if" they did stun on addition to their charged basic rouges would be more op then ever. Please do not tell me I have a lesser understanding of mages that's just utterly offensive. And stop saying perfect scenarios, I believe you believe that mages will always hit everything 100% of the time including pets aa, you have to consider the factors.
    Lol...this is ridiculous...stun/panic = stunlock period. Of course it doesn't always work, I own a slag.. And yes my sorc can kill a fully geared rogue in 4 seconds. 3 attack skills is known as a nuke build, where stunlock is more effective. Slag's stun rate is already pretty decent, it's over 50% for sure. It's actually a worthwhile pet to have. I suggest you buy one instead of arguing.

And lol perfect scenarios, not exactly...nuke build is for 1v1, you guys were complaining mages suck in 1v1, so I told you how to kill a rogue. Warriors are impossible basically, only the pro mages I know are able to kill them.

If your gun procs root, gf rogue dead, if you panic and they don't panic back, gf. All of pvp is based on luck, it's not just the Mage class. I find it's worthwhile to use a panic pet since they stun a decent amount of time which basically leads to insta death.

End of discussion, gf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Lol...this is ridiculous...stun/panic = stunlock period. Of course it doesn't always work, I own a slag.. And yes my sorc can kill a fully geared rogue in 4 seconds. 3 attack skills is known as a nuke build, where stunlock is more effective. Slag's stun rate is already pretty decent, it's over 50% for sure. It's actually a worthwhile pet to have. I suggest you buy one instead of arguing.

And lol perfect scenarios, not exactly...nuke build is for 1v1, you guys were complaining mages suck in 1v1, so I told you how to kill a rogue. Warriors are impossible basically, only the pro mages I know are able to kill them.

If your gun procs root, gf rogue dead, if you panic and they don't panic back, gf. All of pvp is based on luck, it's not just the Mage class. I find it's worthwhile to use a panic pet since they stun a decent amount of time which basically leads to insta death.

End of discussion, gf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Theres no "luck" involved when a one shot kill is involved. This is what infuriates a lot of people. IMHO there should be absolutely no class that can kill another class with one button push(equally geared ofc). Just plain ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Theres no "luck" involved when a one shot kill is involved. This is what infuriates a lot of people. IMHO there should be absolutely no class that can kill another class with one button push(equally geared ofc). Just plain ridiculous
    This^
    It's not even like 1 combo 1 shoot, they can literally 1 shoot you with 1 skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think all classes should be equally powerful. Mages should not be game over the minute a warrior begins to attack them. And rogues/mages shouldn't be instant kill from one crit aimed. It's honestly not fair to anyone really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Okokokok
    41 Rogue: Jdogxtreme Retired
    13 Warrior: Alphajdog<Flash Mob>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdogxtreme View Post
    I think all classes should be equally powerful. Mages should not be game over the minute a warrior begins to attack them. And rogues/mages shouldn't be instant kill from one crit aimed. It's honestly not fair to anyone really
    The problem here is that like Sound said before, the combat triangle does not apply. How it is in all other pvp RPG and MMORPGs, Mage beats warrior. Warrior beats rogue, rogue beats mage.

In AL end game, Mage gets wrecked by warriors and rogues, warrior gets wrecked by rogues, rogues get wrecked by other rogues. No other class is able to beat a rogue unless your a rogue, and to top it all off, rogues got quickest dps of all classes, skills come back so fast. rogues heal, rogues have crazy crit, rogues have crazy dodge along with decent hp, and armor from arcane rings.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The problem here is that like Sound said before, the combat triangle does not apply. How it is in all other pvp RPG and MMORPGs, Mage beats warrior. Warrior beats rogue, rogue beats mage.

In AL end game, Mage gets wrecked by warriors and rogues, warrior gets wrecked by rogues, rogues get wrecked by other rogues. No other class is able to beat a rogue unless your a rogue, and to top it all off, rogues got quickest dps of all classes, skills come back so fast. rogues heal, rogues have crazy crit, rogues have crazy dodge along with decent hp, and armor from arcane rings.
    Not completely right. The triangle goes that the DPS/Rouge can put down a tank, the health of a warrior can't be nuked fast enough by a mage, and a rouge can't keep up with the stuns and slows.

Rouge > Warrior > Mage > Rouge

Rouges will easily die to a mage (Not taking rings in account). Mages can now stunlock warrs into nuke. Warrios are able to stunlock rouges and mages into kill (especially with the Claymore Assault). Rouges can 1 shoot tanks, rouges and mages.

You guys must count in that not everyone at endgame has equal gear!

Rouges are only owerpowering each other as it is right now. There is just so many rouge players that people forget the other classes. If you can one shoot one of your own kind, it's clear everyone thinks they're OP. Any tank with juggernaut can kill a rouge with full mythic - bow & ring, unless the rouge is REALLY skilled. Most rouges don't know when juggernaut wears off, and will just spam skills. Heck, some rouges don't even know heal has HoT!

IF a class can stunlock -> kill, it's wrong.

What STS needs to do is when they raise the level cap to 46, they must raise the armor and HP within each class with the same amount they raise DMG and Crit. They have been unsuccesful in doing it thus far.