Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl:1012930
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42 View Post
    i like this guy!!!
    hell yeah, pure emotions, no real arguments! and 2-page posts of complains
    his arguments are pure truth!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Couldnt agree more mages have been throwing posts here n there for a while now about the imbalances in pvp and nothing has been done. Then we had all the QQ warrs for 2 days and they get a massive buff???? WTF

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bootydots For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bootydots:1013290
    Couldnt agree more mages have been throwing posts here n there for a while now about the imbalances in pvp and nothing has been done. Then we had all the QQ warrs for 2 days and they get a massive buff???? WTF
    they dont see mages as 1v1 guy but as a support for the team. thus mages go for

shield - tanking for 2secs(lol)
    lifegiver - support
    fireball - aoe stun/dmg
    lightning - nuke skill

it sucks that you have to give up one nuke skill for shield to survive.... i mean prolong your death.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Problem with mages is:

When they go full support, they are super useful for their team. When a mage stuns, freezes, roots the enemy, plus uses clyde for another group stun, then mage is really strong. At least when you look at it from a groups perspective. So your group will win, but you won't get any kills.... Yay... On the other hand when you look at 1v1 mages simply don't have the damage output for 1v1. Their aoe (which is why mages are good for groups) is just making them weak in 1v1 situations.

Solutions:
    -Introduce the concept of win and loss to CTF games. This would then allow mages to actually do what they are best at and be team players. If you gave an incentive to play support (like mages do in pve), people would care a bit less about no kills.
    -Increase primary dmg and lower secondary dmg of mage skills. Currently a fireball will dmg all opponents by the same amount, lets say 250 dmg dealt to each. Now if you instead changed it, so that your primary target received higher dmg (eg 400) and the secondary targets received less dmg (eg 100), then mages would stand a chance in 1v1 and not completely lose their purpose as crowd control and aoe characters. This change would be really nice, if it only applied for pvp, since such change would greatly diminish mage skills in pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl View Post
    hell yeah, pure emotions, no real arguments! and 2-page posts of complains
    I really lol'd at this. He only talks of the same things everytime.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Problem with mages is:

When they go full support, they are super useful for their team. When a mage stuns, freezes, roots the enemy, plus uses clyde for another group stun, then mage is really strong. At least when you look at it from a groups perspective. So your group will win, but you won't get any kills.... Yay... On the other hand when you look at 1v1 mages simply don't have the damage output for 1v1. Their aoe (which is why mages are good for groups) is just making them weak in 1v1 situations.

Solutions:
    -Introduce the concept of win and loss to CTF games. This would then allow mages to actually do what they are best at and be team players. If you gave an incentive to play support (like mages do in pve), people would care a bit less about no kills.
    -Increase primary dmg and lower secondary dmg of mage skills. Currently a fireball will dmg all opponents by the same amount, lets say 250 dmg dealt to each. Now if you instead changed it, so that your primary target received higher dmg (eg 400) and the secondary targets received less dmg (eg 100), then mages would stand a chance in 1v1 and not completely lose their purpose as crowd control and aoe characters. This change would be really nice, if it only applied for pvp, since such change would greatly diminish mage skills in pve.
    Do you realize that we have been saying this since Feb. 14 with no fixes of any kind?
    STS stated that this is not feasible as the game is meant to be played as a team and the sorcerer is to provide support from behind (with a pitiless number of kills of course which is the stick by which pvp is being measured).
    What they are telling us is that unless you want to help your rogue buddy amass the killstreaks you should not play pvp. Let's stop beating this dead horse once and for all please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uzidredar View Post
    Do you realize that we have been saying this since Feb. 14 with no fixes of any kind?
    STS stated that this is not feasible as the game is meant to be played as a team and the sorcerer is to provide support from behind (with a pitiless number of kills of course which is the stick by which pvp is being measured).
    What they are telling us is that unless you want to help your rogue buddy amass the killstreaks you should not play pvp. Let's stop beating this dead horse once and for all please.

i found one thing interesting. there r only two replies from Devs in sorc class discussion section in forum. and have a look how many they replied in rogue and warriors. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Lim, that's cause nothing changes, rouges have best at everyrhing, im actually loving my rouge cause I destroy everybody lol... its so not fair...mages through sts have always, always, had best heal in game, now they have crap, I feel for them...warriors need a skill like razor or smoke that promotes secondary damage on top of primary skills.... gen, I love the concept of wins/losses, and if u leave a game that's a loss would make games fubber and more competitive. Ive given up on 1 vs 1 until sts fixes it. Warrior vs rouge, rouge wins 90% of time unless your norbeh...but one guy diguring it out doesn't mean warriors are good....warrior vs warrior is an hour long yawn fest, and warruor vs mage is poor mage. Its pointless right now so I just speced for ctf, as this is pretty balanced for teams imo, 1vs1 is not even close
    Last edited by Darko; 03-19-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Blue, I agree the sorcer class gets ignored, most devs ive seen play rouge. .sam plays warrior but straight warrior, shield all armor type of warrior would get killed 1 vs 1, and sts made a ctf room, not 1 vs 1. I don't think you can balance both. ..ctf is ok rightnow now, just don't be alone or ur dead
    Last edited by Darko; 03-19-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Lim, that's cause nothing changes, rouges have best at everyrhing, im actually loving my rouge cause I destroy everybody lol... its so not fair...mages through sts have always, always, had best heal in game, now they have crap, I feel for them...warriors need a skill like razor or smoke that promotes secondary damage on top of primary skills.... gen, I love the concept of wins/losses, and if u leave a game that's a loss would make games fubber and more competitive. Ive given up on 1 vs 1 until sts fixes it. Warrior vs rouge, rouge wins 90% of time unless your norbeh...but one guy diguring it out doesn't mean warriors are good....warrior vs warrior is an hour long yawn fest, and warruor vs mage is poor mage. Its pointless right now so I just speced for ctf, as this is pretty balanced for teams imo, 1vs1 is not even close
    "gen, I love the concept of wins/losses, and if u leave a game that's a loss ;" I used to think this too. On my lvl 21, I was in quite a few matches with 25s last night. I don't want to penalized for leaving a match where everyone is 4 levels higher than me.

Then again.. K\D means nothing except you got the kill shot. Like I said means nothing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Blue, I agree the sorcer class gets ignored, most devs ive seen play rouge. .sam plays warrior but straight warrior, shield all armor type of warrior would get killed 1 vs 1, and sts made a ctf room, not 1 vs 1. I don't think you can balance both. ..ctf is ok rightnow now, just don't be alone or ur dead
    I totally understand. i respec my mage for team support now. not getting kills as many as before but team r winning. hope STS not only rewards kills and flags. specially flags. its just too hard for little mage to carry the big dimond. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Since everyone keeps looking at my other suggestion, I'm gonna repost this one so it doesn't get lost...

Also while at mages, pls make total absorbed dmg from arcane shield linked to our dmg. Twinks complain about the shield being too strong and as we lvl up 500 hp is soon getting meaningless...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Problem is u can't balance twinks, and end gamers at same time...too many variables...I actually think twinks ruin the pvp balance for the rest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Balancing shield so that it would be related to your dmg would actually be good for endgame mages, as total dmg reduction would increase as they lvl up. Also it'd bring balance to twinks, as the reduction won't be op. I'm not saying balance everything for twinks, but in this case it would make sense (like all other skills) that the output of the skill got better as you lvl up. Why should a shield on a lvl 26 and a lvl 10 mage have the same effect?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genuinous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

a 100% chance of push proc on a charged weapon would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Balancing shield so that it would be related to your dmg would actually be good for endgame mages, as total dmg reduction would increase as they lvl up. Also it'd bring balance to twinks, as the reduction won't be op. I'm not saying balance everything for twinks, but in this case it would make sense (like all other skills) that the output of the skill got better as you lvl up. Why should a shield on a lvl 26 and a lvl 10 mage have the same effect?
    This should be applied to the lifegiver regen effects too.

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uzidredar View Post

Funny that they keep asking if it is balanced.
    Pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    This should be applied to the lifegiver regen effects too.
    Lifegiver is directly related to your mana and hp. Whether it is strong enough is another question...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

500 dmg observe is just not enough for game end pvp. it should be related to int as other skills. its more fair too every one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish:1015356
    500 dmg observe is just not enough for game end pvp. it should be related to int as other skills. its more fair too every one.
    now that you guys mentioned it. the arcane shield dmg absorb cant hold long rogue's dmg and sorc dmg. i just hope this skill is part of their mages update as what swede mention.