Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

What was the one single thing that kept mages alive? Was it their high hp ? Was it their top of every class armor? Was it their super high damage? Maybe it was their shield which after repeatedly getting nerfed is now only a bit of hp bonus... None of these!

Mages were good before this update because they could stun! That was the only single reason a mage was a functional opponent of anyone. A mage is one shotted by a rogue. A mage is dead after a windmill by a war. Hell a mage is even taken to half his life with a lightning bolt with these mages running with coltons now. So why, why would anyone decide to make a 7.5 seconds stun invincibility???? I know I am rages because it is just ridiculous, thoughtless and completely missing the point (imho). Mages were not at all op before this update, but now they are so useless that it just blows my brains...

Could all mages keep a stunlock before update? NO
    Could mages beat every war and rogue before the update? NO
    Could mages kill whole groups by themselves ? NO (not even 2v1)
    And I could keep going... So why why why would you do this STS?

So let me write this down short and simple: if a mage cannot stun, it will die

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genuinous For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I could b wrong. I think the charged att knock back doesnt work on the oracle crystal of force in pvp. it doesnt knock back and doesnt stun. it does knock back on mobs though.

i know it works on the watchman riffle but when cap rise the new weapon doesnt have stune. then mages r the class has even less stun time than warrior. only the fireball works. and it only does stun for a blink of eye.

sry i was wrong. the knock back works. just a few times. it doent knock back as hard as in pve maps.
    Last edited by warbluefish; 02-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

My comments on pets were in that thread this will just be on class balance. Like the pets I was surprised. It wasn't as bad as I had thought. I am a little upset you introduced stun immunity and pets at the same time. I think maybe this week adding pets then next week adding the stun immunity would give us a better chance to see each individually and how they affect play.

My toons are a 21 rogue, stun monkey, as some warriors liked to term me.. a 21 warrior and a 18 sorc. I only played the rogue as it was my first toon and my favorite and better equipped than the others.

Damage I didn't see much of a difference. Stun though is absolutely useless. My one counter to a warrior is gone. Even on a fresh warrior my stun last maybe .000001 seconds. I stopped even trying to stun anymore. Now if we compare that to the stun that the sorc has.. I have been frozen many times last night which seems to last almost 5 seconds. For a 1400 health I am dead before I come out. Warriors stun? I am dead before I come out as well. I have to say I was happy that I couldn't be chained stunned. But the way it is now? I get the same effect as before only I have lost my ability to stun.

On me vs sorc. The sorcs I met prior still do their same thing. Shield stun and the fight could go either way. They are fun to fight. The smurf army last was a terror.. someone else came up with that not me.

For a warrior though it is laughable. It is dang near impossible to take one down. Again maybe it is my fault for not grabbing higher health but then I wouldn't have dmg to take them down. I will have to test it some more, but I am not sure how to take them down without the stun monkey affect. Which while I was able to prior to patch it wasn't 100% guaranteed and took a lot of timing of the skills.

My question to you.. Does dodge work against skills? In 1 v 1 (when I find them) it doesn't seem too - at least against windmill. I know it works against regular attacks because I have seen 5 dodges before from trying to hit another rogue. It could be just me but I could seem to test it reliably last night.

All in all it wasn't as terrible as I thought. The main issues were the ones that were already there and just were enhanced by the new patch.

Please try to do something about the macro/script users. It was hilarious to see the tank jump spin vb and bubble all at the same time every time. One of only 3 matches I left since pvp started. I don't leave when its 5 v me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I play with my rouge and mags as well... I enjoy the warrior as I love tanking and taking on damage.....I can kill most 1 vs 1 but still feel a well skilled mage is best foe pvp...they can easily kite around, the shield is nice, the stun ia ridiculous, part of this update that's being ignored is stuns...mages can nomlonger stun u to ur death like before. ..if u want to run away try a pet with speed. Or freeIng skill (that skills slows mw to turtle speed) mages are smart though, stay behind warriors foe protection and blast away...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

agree with syylent the stun is useless now. skyward smash plus windmill is the pvp god now. u just cant stop it. fireball use to work. now just doesnt make a dinch on skyward. u just watching it come towards u and u can do nothing about it. cant run. stun death. not stuned then windmill. being sneared and a couple of normal att. dead to.

i use to b able sneak in a charged normal att between skyward and windmill and keep a bit distance to avoid the direct hit from windmill and the follow up normal att. but now the charged normal att doesnt work most of the time. there is no way to escape. only use grantie has some chance.

the pet odoes help a bit. but by taking away the stun. we just right back to the begining.

if no.stun mage really cant do much in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Agree stun on mages made them great...however as a warrior myself you have no clue how close u guys are to killing a warrior... some of my one vs one battles im in red when I kill you...maybe its akills you ise, are where your passives are allocated....as a warrioe im 2-2 againat a rouge vyrdiania qho took 2nd in pvp tourney...im 5-4 vs cero a mage (before update) I lost to geniousious ( before update) I thought class balance was good... I think pets aince skills vary is unbalanced.... th e best class pets all do different things... I think what best solution is to appease everyone is pets room and non pets room...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I play with my rouge and mags as well... I enjoy the warrior as I love tanking and taking on damage.....I can kill most 1 vs 1 but still feel a well skilled mage is best foe pvp...they can easily kite around, the shield is nice, the stun ia ridiculous, part of this update that's being ignored is stuns...mages can nomlonger stun u to ur death like before. ..if u want to run away try a pet with speed. Or freeIng skill (that skills slows mw to turtle speed) mages are smart though, stay behind warriors foe protection and blast away...
    How are mages best for pvp? All you can do is hide behind others (or run like a coward) and hope that you dont get targeted, cos you have no life, no armor and now cant really stun your opponent either? In order to be able to kite you need to stun. You cant just run cos wars skyward and stun you (or least catch up) and rogues just kill you with one shot. Yes, with freeze+gale you could get away, but is that the point of pvp? Running away and hiding behind others, trying to ks them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

true, it takes a skilled mage to do so, but you are one of the best at it as I found out personally.... I thought it was fine before update. ...now with ribbit crit yes mages are squishy....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After the last patch no sense of mages in pvp. I hope this will be fixed soon because the balance is seriously violated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I have a mage in my team, cero that destroys everybody. ..a mage won the first ever pvp tournament...im tired of hearing mages wibe that they are weak.....learn to use it properly...and no long range attack are u kidding me? Mages like godstouch have perfected standing behind the action and stealing kills from warriors...look at pvp board... rouges and mages are destroying warriors in kills...warriors are best at captures for flags...if warriors are so dominant why arent they up their in kills??? Most warmongers are rouge or mage not warriors.....
    Warriors have the lowest damage output making it easier to steal kills from them that doesn't mean they're underpowered. And mages were just fine a week ago but now that they took away our strongest advantage without replacing it or taking away other classes advantages mages are garbage. Just because godstouch and whoever else it is like to hug tanks and jack kills doesn't mean we're over powered it means were worthless without someone to follow around
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just made mages a lot weaker. The most common feedback on pvp balance was to buff up mages or nerf op classes. The patch just did the opposite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Fix up the invulnerability crap guys. Why not just reduce it to half a second of invulnerability or something for pvp exclusive.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Fix up the invulnerability crap guys. Why not just reduce it to half a second of invulnerability or something for pvp exclusive.
    Yes that's it, take away the 2 sec of invulnerability from mage shield. They are so op anyway...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous:971007
    Yes that's it, take away the 2 sec of invulnerability from mage shield. They are so op anyway...
    atleast someone agrees with me...

A fully geared mage with shield (with 2 sec upgrade), fireball, light, frost will own a twink fully geared rogue...why! Cuz they can kite so its not easy to stun them and on top they stun and on top thy do damage. So within 5 seconds youre dead. Gf.

Add some more hp to mages but I dont want that invincibility crap in pvp.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

^ would be bad for lv 21 pvp though. Without shield invulnerability sorcerers are rogue food lol.
    However, as for the warrior shield. Nerf it! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    ^ would be bad for lv 21 pvp though. Without shield invulnerability sorcerers are rogue food lol.
    However, as for the warrior shield. Nerf it! XD
    Agree with this. Shield can't be spammed either so its fair. We usually die when it does wear off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Mage are OP, thank you STS for removing their stuns, they had a good fight before against my warrior and rouge, I mean they shouldt have a chance right?
    My warrior and rogue can now kill them more easily. I can even kill 2-3mages at once now..LoL.

Im so happy when i see a lot of mage on the opposing team now, that means i will get a lot of kill. They were made for support anyways, they shouldnt have the ability to kill. Maybe its better if you reduce their damage a bit, not that they could kill me 1vs1 or 2vs1, but once i got killed when facing 3 mages, pls nerf.

Thank you for nerfing their shield ability, i can now kill mages faster, also could you please nerf their 2s invul so that we can kill them in 1second with aimed shot? Or just remove it completely but give them more HP, like 2000++hp, that way I will still kill them in 1second in 1shot anyway.

Also they have a lot of nukes, please reduce the nukes, its not like they can kill me now but its just annoying..the nuke.

Please add mage's passive movement speed so that they can run away faster, it will add the challenge for us rogues and warrior to chase them, Also please add skyward smash range to 30m and rogues to 30m also.

Please add my warrior heal ability, once a mage nuked me till my health is half. I almost dead to a mage WTH?? They were made for support, how can those blue things got my health to 50% anyways, pls nerf. Well this is a game/fight between rogues and warriors right? Mages is support, PERIOD.

THIS IS A CONSTRUCTING COMMENT, I JUST HAVE TO MADE IT LIKE THAT SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND.

Thank you STS for giving us this awesome free game..cheers

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ucaflaeba For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

atleast someone agrees with me...

A fully geared mage with shield (with 2 sec upgrade), fireball, light, frost will own a twink fully geared rogue...why! Cuz they can kite so its not easy to stun them and on top they stun and on top thy do damage. So within 5 seconds youre dead. Gf.

Add some more hp to mages but I dont want that invincibility crap in pvp.
    Oh gosh... sarcasm people, learn it... i just wish you tried to play an endgame mage in pvp before saying such things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous:970442
    What was the one single thing that kept mages alive? Was it their high hp ? Was it their top of every class armor? Was it their super high damage? Maybe it was their shield which after repeatedly getting nerfed is now only a bit of hp bonus... None of these!

Mages were good before this update because they could stun! That was the only single reason a mage was a functional opponent of anyone. A mage is one shotted by a rogue. A mage is dead after a windmill by a war. Hell a mage is even taken to half his life with a lightning bolt with these mages running with coltons now. So why, why would anyone decide to make a 7.5 seconds stun invincibility???? I know I am rages because it is just ridiculous, thoughtless and completely missing the point (imho). Mages were not at all op before this update, but now they are so useless that it just blows my brains...

Could all mages keep a stunlock before update? NO
    Could mages beat every war and rogue before the update? NO
    Could mages kill whole groups by themselves ? NO (not even 2v1)
    And I could keep going... So why why why would you do this STS?

So let me write this down short and simple: if a mage cannot stun, it will die
    i love this guy..if i voice my opnion i would be banned for life..judgement punishment uberstun all trash mage in pvp all trash..roguez that use health packs all trash
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 02-16-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Lady_Pebbles

The Warriors use charged windmill and boom dead in one hit. If we are getting out of range they use Throw Axe & regular Windmill boom dead. Thing is, -not all Warriors do this with top gear-, some have crappy gear & do it. Same said for Rogues & their one hit kills when toons have a full hp bar. This is when my Rogue, Mage, and Warrior have 2k+ hp. Even at respawns they come in and boom one hit kills. However, I can take down other Rogues & Warriors with any one of my toons while working with a decent PvP PUG. This is why I highly suspect macros/scripts are being used by some groups of players pvping. Probably on Chrome as some players mentioned on the forums.

All that aside, Im glad the stun lock stuff is gone for Mages (sorta). Infinite stuns was just crazy. No class should be able to do that or one/two shot kill. Now we just need some --tweaks-- on skills like Horn, Vengeful, & Windmill for Warriors... Aimed & Piercer for Rogues... and finally Shield for Mages (since Fireball stun was tweaked). Along with survivability of all classes needing to be tweaked as well.

PvP is actually better now with pets imo (minus the one/two shot kills smh). Players just need to figure out which pets work best for your build & play style. While trying to get into matches with players that actually play as a team lol. I can use my PvE build in PvP now.. Yay! Lol

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-16-2013 at 03:08 AM.