Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlytwink:972655
    Well sts should make mage a support class this what i think

Mages heal should be buffed up to be better then warriors they should keep there shield all there skills should stun not 100% but they should be able to stun they should get more hp lower there damage massivly and they should give them curses that debuff enemies for example low hp by 25% for 3 secs draina enemies mana etc slow enemies you get my drift

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    sorry bud the only mage class that is a support class is a whitemage or heal mage get a clue dude

rogues/rangers are single target mass dmg class then they die they dont heal they dont tank they do not survive.

warriors tank they dont kill in masses.

and btw mages do the most overall dmg of any class. do sum research bra.
    or keep gettin schooled
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 02-17-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Add a push back skill for mages. Or 100% push back on a charged attack weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Well as a tank we are supposed to obsorb damage right. .. I can use koko and still be killed by a rouge in 1-2 seconds... the rouge crying needs to stop.. they are fastest and strongest toons... that's completely unbalanced and their heal. Is nice too, full life each cross...a warrior has crit with windmill at 600 tops, a saw rouge crit 1300, why yall complaining. ...ur damage obliterates warriors health, and mages are null and void now (except in groups) they stand back and shoot....think about this sts, every weapon armor or skill update has hurt the warrior (reduction in damage in all weapons, reduce windmill crit, reduce proc of dark sword, redection of health and armor on newer items) rouges got damagr and dps increase, pets that rule, skills that are ubmatched....mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase.... it ahould be like this... warriors are slow can take damage and deal damage.. (attacks are slower more daamage though) rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior....maybe have a speed skill like flash.... mages should have spells (slow freeze, haste etc) and they should have balace of dps and damage and more health than rouge....so damage is warrior dps is rogue mage is balance of both....thats my opinion...and btw the classes will never be balanced....otherwise wed all have same skills weapons and stats...lol u take want that? But the 1 hit rouges is absolutely ridiculous
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I don't care how you do it but I want battles to last longer. I don't even care sacrificing some damage if you give me a viable option to be a "paladin" for my party (some crowd control, buffing & healing, very good survivability).

Right now we are forced to spec damage because whatever we do our survivability sucks vs. aimed shot crits. If I sacrifice my damage to help my party I don't want to be the first to die. If so what's the point?
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlytwink View Post
    Im sorry to all mages but i have a quick question in what mmo game are mages suppoused to be able to 1v1 a warrior in top gear and win? From what i understand and know in 90% of mmo's mages are support players they cant really 1v1 and expect to win just saying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    world of warcraft....... mage can win and many other mmo game. dont think u play that many mmo games.
    there are many different types of mages.

In AL, mages are support class? u got to be kidding me, who told u that?
    let me see what skill does mage have to help our team?
    hmmm.... heal and mana replenish umm..... thats it?!
    plus the amount of healing hp from mages' heal skill is a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Well as a tank we are supposed to obsorb damage right. .. I can use koko and still be killed by a rouge in 1-2 seconds... the rouge crying needs to stop.. they are fastest and strongest toons... that's completely unbalanced and their heal. Is nice too, full life each cross...a warrior has crit with windmill at 600 tops, a saw rouge crit 1300, why yall complaining. ...ur damage obliterates warriors health, and mages are null and void now (except in groups) they stand back and shoot....think about this sts, every weapon armor or skill update has hurt the warrior (reduction in damage in all weapons, reduce windmill crit, reduce proc of dark sword, redection of health and armor on newer items) rouges got damagr and dps increase, pets that rule, skills that are ubmatched....mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase.... it ahould be like this... warriors are slow can take damage and deal damage.. (attacks are slower more daamage though) rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior....maybe have a speed skill like flash.... mages should have spells (slow freeze, haste etc) and they should have balace of dps and damage and more health than rouge....so damage is warrior dps is rogue mage is balance of both....thats my opinion...and btw the classes will never be balanced....otherwise wed all have same skills weapons and stats...lol u take want that? But the 1 hit rouges is absolutely ridiculous
    The ONLY REASON u r playing as war is because u can get more kill than when u play as rouge and mage.
    Dont tell me u just enjoy tanking and taking damage thats bs, since u care a lot about ppl steal ur kill.
    I dont blame u, if I were u, i would have done the same thing, play as war. Pvp is all about killing and winning.

what i dont understand is why u keeping saying other class is better than war? how imbalance it is to a war.
    maybe sts should just delete mages and rouges so u will have nothing to complain.

WARs have the best heal skill, is't it? and now u r saying rouges' heal is better than war?

"war has crit with windmill at 600" thats nearly mages' 45%hp and rouges' 40%hp. rouges crit hit war 1300 is about wars' 40%hp. not fair?
    and remember, one rouges' crit hit on mage=death. i dont know why u are crying about this, War can stun too...

"every weapon armor or skill update has hurt war" same as other class.........

"mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase" take away stun will make mage a ture support class. Support other class to get better K/D......

"rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior" WOW this will make WAR have the best Damage, Hp, Armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Mages are NOT just a support class. (-.-) I've played games where mages were mostly dps/dmg dealers. Games like ROSE Online & Their Muse Class that can advance to EITHER a Cleric (full support) OR Mage (full dmg/dps), and the Fairy (support) or Summoner (Mage) class in MU Online. Both games have a mage type class thats either support OR magical dps/dmg dealers. On AL, Sorcorers have the same option; i.e. support or not. And with all classes able to heal themselves and have their own buffs, theres no real reason to become a full support class. Especially when the heal skill sucks really bad compared to the other classes. Its dmg/dps is far better than heals.

EDIT: Therefore Sorcerers shouldn't be so freaken weak on AL; weaker than the other classes sure, but VERY weak? Hell no. Their survivability needs adjustment big time. I think it should be weaker if you go full support & lesser if you go full dmg/dps.

EDIT 2: OH BTW!! On MU Online the Fairy & Summoner classes can summon monsters (like pets) to fight along side of them too. Hell I used to have my toon lure some enemies near the safe zone and let my summoned monster kill them while I went afk. Ftw! PvP is also fun there.

Not only those games, but also in PL, whee mages nuke the whole place and the mobs are gone (wonder why). That's why I'm a Mage and sorcerer. And yes, I do agree with u

Also I feel like paladin Is the support in pl, not dishing lots of damage but good with party buffs, heal, and reincarnate
    Last edited by Pokechmp; 02-17-2013 at 11:03 PM.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Devs seriously...You need to give more power to sorcerers.Feel really pity seeing them died and died again.Died from one shot kill from rogue.Died from windmill and skyward smash from warrior.Really,I mean this sorcerer class is so left behind and underpowered.Have no idea why you still not doing something real to make this class more fun to play.And btw did you guys notice that warrior is too strong?They can kill any class in seconds.They can heal 1200 health in just few seconds.They can go untouchable.They got big damage.All their skill are deadly.Stunlock from mages? Wish you the best that stun keep happening until he died before he jump and spinning you to dead.The conclusion is :
    Mages need more power and warrior need nerfed...Rogue is fairly balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by puresai View Post
    The ONLY REASON u r playing as war is because u can get more kill than when u play as rouge and mage.
    Dont tell me u just enjoy tanking and taking damage thats bs, since u care a lot about ppl steal ur kill.
    I dont blame u, if I were u, i would have done the same thing, play as war. Pvp is all about killing and winning.

what i dont understand is why u keeping saying other class is better than war? how imbalance it is to a war.
    maybe sts should just delete mages and rouges so u will have nothing to complain.

WARs have the best heal skill, is't it? and now u r saying rouges' heal is better than war?

"war has crit with windmill at 600" thats nearly mages' 45%hp and rouges' 40%hp. rouges crit hit war 1300 is about wars' 40%hp. not fair?
    and remember, one rouges' crit hit on mage=death. i dont know why u are crying about this, War can stun too...

"every weapon armor or skill update has hurt war" same as other class.........

"mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase" take away stun will make mage a ture support class. Support other class to get better K/D......

"rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior" WOW this will make WAR have the best Damage, Hp, Armor.
    Actually I do love tanking have ever since pl..I loved the taunt skill and pull in pl... but most bears got destroyed in pvp esspecially by mages. Some duel spec bears did alright. ..the classes won't ever be balanced. All have strengths and weakness...a mage isnt going to be effective running flags... and a warrior can't sit away from crowd and use arrows and fireballs non stop... I actually have 3 21 toons all classes...rouge is far better than other two. ..mage does need a dash type skill to run flags..warriors have skyward, and rouges have piercer...know your strengths and weakness use your tea mates. .a mage has no business waddling around by themselves...as far as crit, rouges reload way faster and csn crit that 1300. Few times before warrior can do another windmill....the bad rap on warriors is simple. ... there's more of them so you deal with them more and if there's multiple warriors yeah it sucks. .. but individually a rouge wins 8/10 times against warrior, and im talking both at 100% ready to fight....also most of rouges skills not only are high in damage but all reduce armor which makes the night armor obsolete, and makes mages dissapear all together. When a.lbl 16 rouge can put out over 200 dps, and a lvl 21 warrior tops at 138, i don't see how anybody think that's balance...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Actually I do love tanking have ever since pl..I loved the taunt skill and pull in pl... but most bears got destroyed in pvp esspecially by mages. Some duel spec bears did alright. ..the classes won't ever be balanced. All have strengths and weakness...a mage isnt going to be effective running flags... and a warrior can't sit away from crowd and use arrows and fireballs non stop... I actually have 3 21 toons all classes...rouge is far better than other two. ..mage does need a dash type skill to run flags..warriors have skyward, and rouges have piercer...know your strengths and weakness use your tea mates. .a mage has no business waddling around by themselves...as far as crit, rouges reload way faster and csn crit that 1300. Few times before warrior can do another windmill....the bad rap on warriors is simple. ... there's more of them so you deal with them more and if there's multiple warriors yeah it sucks. .. but individually a rouge wins 8/10 times against warrior, and im talking both at 100% ready to fight....also most of rouges skills not only are high in damage but all reduce armor which makes the night armor obsolete, and makes mages dissapear all together. When a.lbl 16 rouge can put out over 200 dps, and a lvl 21 warrior tops at 138, i don't see how anybody think that's balance...
    If you accept that mages aren't going to be able to run flags and that is ok, then there must be some kind of achievement that mages are better at than warriors and rogues. Otherwise the top players are always going to be rogues and warriors. Maybe STS needs to have a new achievement and leaderboard category for PvP. So then tell me, what exactly are mages the best at that can be tracked and ranked through statistics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Devs hate mages. We just need to accept that. Expect warriors and rogues to become stronger in the next few patches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All the classes are balance..
    It depends upon who control it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxerror:973406
    All the classes are balance..
    It depends upon who control it
    this guy lmfao
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

"fireballs non stop"? if mages out of mana!??

"use your team mates" yeah.... then accuse mages steal kills?!!!

of course each class have their strengths and weakness,
    Balance means each class should have opportunity to win during 1v1. i dont see that as a mage now.

"a mage has no business waddling around by themselves"
    why cant mage solo while wars and rouges can? WHY??? class imbalance?!!
    when u guys talked about stunlock, please remember that doesnt make mages god just be able to survive.
    And it does need skill otherwise mages would own the learboard if its as easy as u said.

if u take a look at LB u will find (farm killing? i dont know)
    Rouges: top 25 all have more than 10k kill
    Wars: top 14 have more than 10k kill
    Mages: top 4 have more than 10k kill

" if there's multiple warriors yeah it sucks. .. but individually a rouge wins 8/10 times against warrior"
    so, dont u think both class need to be fixed? yet i only see u complain about rouges and mages.

Again I want to have a fair game, not just hide behind other class......... "steal kill...............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I actually think mages are the best for pve when u have a tank, but of course, this is pvp. The only other STS game I played was pl, and mages where balanced there because of their huge attack and defense buff, making them kind of op at pve in my opinion. Now, the devs took out the buff, they are still very useful in pve with the AoE skills, but with the buffs gone, they have nothing really that will give them an edge in pvp, like high health/armor or huge damaging skills. Now I think of it, it seems the devs balanced these classes for pve, when there are multiple targets, but in pvp, it normally 1v1, making a class like rogue very powerful.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Now there is only 2 sorc in the top25 overall players, can we pls take the flags easier, or more difficult to the other two classes? (for example: no jump with the flag)
    And ah, walls are for sorcerers, warriors can jump and rogues can shoot through it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Windmill needs change...

1. Random insane dmg outburst (hit 1700 on crit to someone @ l.16....)
    2. Windmill should be deactivated when the user is stunned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

So, reading through this all again, and doing some testing I want to present sone issues ive seen. First I do own all character classes so familiar with all of them...I primarily use warrior and have all end game gear on...I use vengeful horn skyward, and windmill...with a group of peoplewe tested every attack. ..I have 3475 health, 863 armor, 144.6 dps, 128.5 damage with my owl pet.. one charged aim shot from a top gear rouge crit with ribbit hit mw at 2660, and took me down 75% that's so ridiculous. So we tested it again and after aimedd shot quickly did pierce and im literally dead...to kill thw same rouge took me 7-10 seconds.. with vengeful skyward and windmill.but literally if donw right a rouge can kill warrior without blinking...a warrior is supposed to be able to take that...so I said okay lets try this..I put juggernaught on 4000 health, shield on, koko on, cry to reduce 20% incoming damage, took away venge and sky, to make rooom for skills to be a tank...I lasted about 7-10 seconds a little bit betterbut I did absolutely little damage as our dps as a warrior ia so nerfed comparred to other classes..so we have to use skills to produce damage, but in order to have offensive skills we havw to sacrafice our defensive skills. The real issue isnt how op waeriora are. .there are too many variables..I kill a rouge easy id hes running around with heroic gear on...that doesn't mean its unbalanced..mwans your gear sucks...also pwta have a huge difference..there are tooany possible combinations of personal specs combined with pets that ita impossible to accuratly compare balance..some warriors use 9% DODGE gear combined with dodge sword, sacrafice armor and live longer, our equipment has endless possibilities and it will never be balanced if you don't have all top gear..if you can't afford it, im sorry, but quit complaiing...also there are a lot of script users ( you know who u are) one tank took out me an d two other w warriors all with end game gear on, all at full health...users like that give the perception warriors ate unstoppBle and we get nerfed foe it because of bogus whining with no results or proof...warrior end game gear is way more expensive than other classes, and a lot of warriors suffer in pvp because of this...I always hook up a warrior running around with a trollbane as I feel bad. To help the devs continue. To show actual numbwrs...saying u die in onw hit doesnt say the story...gear? Pet? Damage output? Etc...i love usingy rouge rigjt now cause its so easy to kill...ctf is supposed to be team based..thw three classes work together... its not 1vs 1.....ans btw the long range axe throw woth crit fully charged did max of 420 on warrior. .. that's not even close to a long range attack from aimed shot...look at k/d of everyy warrior u see. Most have thousands of deaths and most have more deaths than kills. I saw rouge other day 11000 kills 1200 deaths...there is not o ne warrior with that ratio...other than langzai but we all know why that is...lfull end of gear rouges rule in ths game....and since update sme mages are bad *** with right pets like loki who heal... the ones who don't know how to spec get killed...agan that's not class balance, that's learn to use ur class properly...only fixes are glitches like hitting around corner, trollbane hitting harder than vorpal etc..also that same crit hits a mage with aimed shot that mage is dust....not fair to mages either
    Last edited by Darko; 02-20-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So, reading through this all again, and doing some testing I want to present sone issues ive seen. First I do own all character classes so familiar with all of them...I primarily use warrior and have all end game gear on...I use vengeful horn skyward, and windmill...with a group of peoplewe tested every attack. ..I have 3475 health, 863 armor, 144.6 dps, 128.5 damage with my owl pet.. one charged aim shot from a top gear rouge crit with ribbit hit mw at 2660,.....
    I also own a 21 warrior and 18 sorc. I need to respec the sorc but I refuse to spend anymore plat to respec. I have spent enough.

Why didn't you green bubble right before her hit?

Most I ever crit a tank for was 2006.. that I saw.. although a tank said I hit them for 11,000 plus one match. Can't be true.

I have had tanks one shot me with whirlwind... 1500+ health. boom dead. WTF moment. Also lightning bolt does the same thing.

Not sure I see your point. At least you have a couple ways to counter it. Rogues have none.

Have I killed warriors.. yes... Have I been killed by them.. yes.. Have I killed 2 tanks vs me, yes. Have I lost a 2 to a tank, sadly yes... no mana and I cried a little bit.

My main issue now is I get stunned by tanks.. I get stunned by sorcs... I can't stun... If I do it lasts .000000001 seconds. A sorcs stun I am out the whole fight and can't fight back. The warriors stun will root me after it runs off and I just stand there unable to move.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So, reading through this all again, and doing some testing I want to present sone issues ive seen. First I do own all character classes so familiar with all of them...I primarily use warrior and have all end game gear on...I use vengeful horn skyward, and windmill...with a group of peoplewe tested every attack. ..I have 3475 health, 863 armor, 144.6 dps, 128.5 damage with my owl pet.. one charged aim shot from a top gear rouge crit with ribbit hit mw at 2660, and took me down 75% that's so ridiculous. So we tested it again and after aimedd shot quickly did pierce and im literally dead...to kill thw same rouge took me 7-10 seconds.. with vengeful skyward and windmill.but literally if donw right a rouge can kill warrior without blinking...a warrior is supposed to be able to take that...so I said okay lets try this..I put juggernaught on 4000 health, shield on, koko on, cry to reduce 20% incoming damage, took away venge and sky, to make rooom for skills to be a tank...I lasted about 7-10 seconds a little bit betterbut I did absolutely little damage as our dps as a warrior ia so nerfed comparred to other classes..so we have to use skills to produce damage, but in order to have offensive skills we havw to sacrafice our defensive skills. The real issue isnt how op waeriora are. .there are too many variables..I kill a rouge easy id hes running around with heroic gear on...that doesn't mean its unbalanced..mwans your gear sucks...also pwta have a huge difference..there are tooany possible combinations of personal specs combined with pets that ita impossible to accuratly compare balance..some warriors use 9% DODGE gear combined with dodge sword, sacrafice armor and live longer, our equipment has endless possibilities and it will never be balanced if you don't have all top gear..if you can't afford it, im sorry, but quit complaiing...also there are a lot of script users ( you know who u are) one tank took out me an d two other w warriors all with end game gear on, all at full health...users like that give the perception warriors ate unstoppBle and we get nerfed foe it because of bogus whining with no results or proof...warrior end game gear is way more expensive than other classes, and a lot of warriors suffer in pvp because of this...I always hook up a warrior running around with a trollbane as I feel bad. To help the devs continue. To show actual numbwrs...saying u die in onw hit doesnt say the story...gear? Pet? Damage output? Etc...i love usingy rouge rigjt now cause its so easy to kill...ctf is supposed to be team based..thw three classes work together... its not 1vs 1.....ans btw the long range axe throw woth crit fully charged did max of 420 on warrior. .. that's not even close to a long range attack from aimed shot...look at k/d of everyy warrior u see. Most have thousands of deaths and most have more deaths than kills. I saw rouge other day 11000 kills 1200 deaths...there is not o ne warrior with that ratio...other than langzai but we all know why that is...lfull end of gear rouges rule in ths game....and since update sme mages are bad *** with right pets like loki who heal... the ones who don't know how to spec get killed...agan that's not class balance, that's learn to use ur class properly...only fixes are glitches like hitting around corner, trollbane hitting harder than vorpal etc..also that same crit hits a mage with aimed shot that mage is dust....not fair to mages either
    Why dont u do some test on mage? and tell us the result.