Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Potential Windmill Bug

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Potential Windmill Bug

I have both a warrior and a mage. I have noticed most skills say they do X amount of damage plus extra on a critical. The windmill skill does not say this but it still does extra critical damage like all other skills in the game. I'm beginning to think this is a bug because it allows warriors multiple crits in a very short time span and makes it a very over powered skill. Somebody please correct me if I'm interpreting the verbiage of skills incorrectly but I don't t believe windmill was ever intended to do crits.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I still have not heard any feedback on this. Can somebody at least let me know if my interpretation is correct or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ehm..What the meaning of critical strike?More damage dealt...And with vengeful blood with ribbit arcane skill,I DO alot of critical when using windmill.The same thing goes to every damage skill.Even without description...Devs probably forget to attach that " extra damage on critical".That my thought...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Criticals do a bit more damage than normal attacks, but there's skills likethe mage lightning attack that do EXTRA more damage with a critical.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    Criticals do a bit more damage than normal attacks, but there's skills likethe mage lightning attack that do EXTRA more damage with a critical.
    Lighting does do extra damage with a critical buts that's with an additional skill point used to make it do this. Still the fact that windmill can crit multiple times per use while allowing warriors normal attacks at the end and doesn't have the verbiage to support it like the lighting skill and time shift makes me think something is wrong.

Perhaps Obinbr is correct in stating STS forgot the verbiage on the skill but was hoping for an official response to get this clarified or corrected either way. Only thing I know is Windmill is one of the most damaging and powerful skills in the game and belongs to the class that suppose to have lowest DMG output... The skill can have a larger range and snare effect than mages time shift and it moves! Adding multiple hits and crits into this equation makes it very OP compared to the closest skill I can compare it to (time shift).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Through a lot of testing I have found that crit ting with your weapon or skills is at 125-130% damage increase, no matter if the spell says "increased damage on critical hits". This makes me think that Crit damage in general is broken for a lot of skills. Because they don't do anymore than a weapon Crit or skill without the "increased damage" tag. Because of this Crit builds are basically useless because of the low damage boost.

Lady_Pebbles

There is definately something wrong with Windmill being very OP but thats not the only skill thats OP for warriors... So is Vengeful Blood and Horn. Let alone Axe Throw combined AND Skyward Smash... Too many. Smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

And yet rogues manage to get top kills in every game I join.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

No doubt windmill is op. i tested with my friends. windmill has the simlar range as normal fireball. but bcos is moves and the snear effect moves with it. it can cover the largest area in all skills. and most effective. it follows u. the dmg is high bcos the low armor and low health on rogue and mages.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Maybeits not a bug. just it designed to powerful at this stage. but hard to see it changes in future as all windmill dmg is based on %. Easy way to this is lower Warriors weapon dmg.

Hope they will change it on the coming update. It gives a really hard time to mages. as they gets nothing from pvp.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

Windmill is working as intended. All attacks have a chance to crit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lojack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ah i see... So warriors can do aoe crits for over 2k damage and mow down a team of 4 players with a single skill... Thats sounds balanced enough :/

Well time to drop all other classes and make a warrior for pvp!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yeah, lets make warrior 10k hp 1dmg tank :-)
    Just, why wizs are so op in pve, and roguee in boss kill, and pvp?
    Vs GOD wiz or rogue is like 50/50. All clases got + and -. Ifmu dont like it, change class omg. Then u will see this class is more or less balanced. I'd say decrese number of mobs that wiz can attsck to 3, and reduce crits of rogue to 25%! Ha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I play warrior and do see windmill as a little much -- with either ribbit or darkwatch/vorpal proc and vengeance up you can do some ridiculous damage if you can get in range. Maybe they should implement a warrior armor debuff while windmill is active (or maybe even slightly longer) -- so if people see a warrior firing windmill they know he is extra vulnerable at the time.

On the other hand, rogues can still to a lot more damage at once w/ the 2-3 button press thing. I get one shotted all the time on my mage by crit/normal/shadow-pierce instant attack (macro program that fires all at once). To me rogues and warriors are equal now but sorcs are way behind after the stun nerf. Sorc versus rogue you can get insta killed at range unlike a warrior who has to get in close, but rogues have a lot less HP to eat thru. STS needs to give sorcs some sort of super crit type of capability or something on the HP/defense end.

In another game I played PvP in a ton for many years (DAOC) this was also a problem after expansions added damage but not defense (casters being one shotted). The result was a buff that basically turns away the first shot of any attack, it's duration was 10 minutes and would absorb the first melee/bow blow, that's it. After one hit you could recast it but the cast time was fairly long (5 seconds) so you usually wouldn't do it in the heat of a battle. I thought it worked out well and would work here but that sort of thing isn't in AL framework at all so would be hard to implement.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfkult For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    just wondering if this is normal as well?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    so windmill.is designed to be op. ok. then. no wonder seeing more and more warriors and less and less mages in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishyrionek View Post
    Yeah, lets make warrior 10k hp 1dmg tank :-)
    Just, why wizs are so op in pve, and roguee in boss kill, and pvp?
    Vs GOD wiz or rogue is like 50/50. All clases got + and -. Ifmu dont like it, change class omg. Then u will see this class is more or less balanced. I'd say decrese number of mobs that wiz can attsck to 3, and reduce crits of rogue to 25%! Ha!
    Sorcerers good in pve ?? So do the warrior.With combo elixir,I can clear the entire wt4 in 6-7 minutes ALONE.HoR and vengefull blood fix my health and mana issues.My high armor let me to survive longer.How I do it? Its easy.Just rush,SS,HoR and Windmill.But my sorcerer with the combo elixir need 8-10 minutes to clear wt4.With sorcerer its even harder because I have to kite,if not im dead meat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Lojack plays as a Warrior in PvP, so of course it's working as intended. (Kidding of course, don't really know).

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I guess most of rogues are jealous of warriors that previously they can killed with 2 shots perhaps? And we warriors don't complaint so much even all rogues are top in PVP kills. Its time for us warriors to shine.. thanks development for making this balance.. =)

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grazier07 View Post
    I guess most of rogues are jealous of warriors that previously they can killed with 2 shots perhaps? And we warriors don't complaint so much even all rogues are top in PVP kills. Its time for us warriors to shine.. thanks development for making this balance.. =)
    To all the warriors complaining about kills: look at the flag lb and please stop crying. Be reasonable -.- You have the best armor, best hp, super high dmg (even no crit one shot) and you call it balanced? ffs