Thread: How about a new currency? (token system)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How about a new currency? (token system)

I was wondering if you guys might implement a token system. Bosses at the level cap could drop tokens; maybe one or two per boss kill. Then set up a vendor with some epic gear that can be bought with the "farmed" currency. I think it would be a great idea to make available some really good "end game" armor that could be bought in this way. Also, I believe that the tokens should not be able to be traded. This would be a reward for people that put the time into earning the item rather than buying gold through the in-game store and getting the best gear without the hard work. I do understand that you guys want to make a few bucks(and God knows you deserve it) but the economy suffers a little it when you make gold so easily available for purchase. Armor that could only be earned would be a great addition but I would not suggest making every gear slot available through such a system. Maybe just armor pieces and not weapons would be a good idea. It would still be nice to have to just hope to get "lucky" with an epic drop or just keep at it for days to find that key weapon that will push us over the edge in stats.

On another note, have you thought at all about adding another gear slot?(maybe two)
    Boots, belts, rings, and amulets are all great ideas for expanding on customization. Just a thought...

Keep up the great work guys and gals! I am still amazed to be playing a game of this caliber on a phone!!! There is plenty of room to grow. I really do see this game becoming even more incredible than it is now if you will just keep at it. One day you could sell rights to this game for quite a lot of money(if you could stand to give up your baby). The further you take it... The more it will be worth. Make us proud!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

well, there is platinum..
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

tokens idea interesting, but need a new angle...

tokens=housing currency. use them for decorations (a skeller statue? lol) while you may have to buy with plat the actual house and various size upgrades, tokens can be used for house decorations.
    1-2 tokens for beating boss, 4-6 tokens for clearing map (depending on # of enemies, also stops some running), possible tokens from chests (GIVE THEM A USE)
    nontransferable, so new people have to work for their houses and to not have token markets.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pretty interesting idea. i rmb playing a mmorpg on my computer some years ago which has a count on how many times the character kill that particular boss. And this number of kill could be used to exchange for either equip(Creepingtom idea) or decos(Arterra idea)..

something which the devs could look into it.

on the other hand, more equipment slot is interesting too. from the current, helm/weapon/armor/offhand/vanity
    adding a boots/belt/ring would be interesting.
    Popciclex - Lv50 Avian-Talon:
    Xviperr - Level 48 142strBEAR:
    Shadowsx - Level 33 142intMage:

Take a look at my selling list-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I kind of like this general idea. I can see certain types of gear (or later, housing items, as noted above) being available in exchange for tokens. The tokens would be non-tradable, as would any gear that could only be purchased with tokens.

Basically, there ought to be gear of all types that fit into each of the categories: exclusively drop items, exclusively purchasable with tokens, and exclusively purchasable with platinum, along with items that may be purchased for gold (or platinum) or found as drops.

So, there should be "vanity helms" that drop, those that can be bought with platinum, and those that can be bought with tokens. Each of those categories should contain a fair number that can only be gotten by a specific method.