Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guide to making your warrior a PvP one shot one kill machine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    What is your weapon?
    Dark Watch of Potency, lvl 21

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how about the 1.4k+ dmg WITHOUT crit?

even mages with top atk gears cannot do such huge damage

how come warriors can do that with only around 110dmg?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lmao its not the windmill thats OP its the dark watch sword and the vorpal yeah they nerfed sorta but still ty for misinforming. If i dont have that sword i cant one shot. Later...

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Lmao its not the windmill thats OP its the dark watch sword and the vorpal yeah they nerfed sorta but still ty for misinforming. If i dont have that sword i cant one shot. Later...

If you look at the screenshot from tx, it's clear that he used the new weapon from the crates (dont know the name). So the problem is not the proc rate, which would only result in 100% crit boost, but the ridiculous damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    you hate it but you shared it.
    seems you want to get it known so devs would realy make a hard note on it
    Sounds like a great way to get the word out.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Imagine if there are 5 warrior doing the same thing in the same time.DEAD

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    If you look at the screenshot from tx, it's clear that he used the new weapon from the crates (dont know the name). So the problem is not the proc rate, which would only result in 100% crit boost, but the ridiculous damage.
    Good for him, stop complaining the devs havent fixed it so just adapt and try to beat them. End of story.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This is a nice little gem, we will take a look to make sure it's not breaking any mechanics. The only thing I want to see is if the cool down on spamming tap on this ability is working correctly...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've always said warriors needed a buff! 3sec invincibility + bubble + chains to draw them in, then WW to victory. Can we have tournanment 2 today

Highest so far is 1600 DMG non crit, poor Junk xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Good for him, stop complaining the devs havent fixed it so just adapt and try to beat them. End of story.

Devs didn't fix many bugs, yet we complain about them. Should we accept those too?

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This is a nice little gem, we will take a look to make sure it's not breaking any mechanics. The only thing I want to see is if the cool down on spamming tap on this ability is working correctly...
    Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So are you saying it is working the way it should be? Then what is the reason for dmg increase upgrade on windmill when it actually decreases damage? I believe it is breaking some mechanics lol.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

damage increase is working correctly, and the right amount. Tapping is actually unecessary as windmill on its own ticks damage once cast so spare your fingers the bleeding! The outlier here seems to be the sword proc combined with everything else, which was nerfed a bit to compensate recently. Note that since windmill ticks off like 4 or 5 attacks per cast, each of those ticks has a chance to proc the sword, hence the overload of damage.

Is it working as designed? technically yes, but it's outside of a combination we anticipated. We will keep an eye on it, and if we feel it is out of control we can bring the damage down a bit to level it out. Not just yet though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

A question though: Txassassin on the screenshot clearly uses the new axe and not watch sword/vorpal. The axe does not have dmg proc (dodge). How come that weapon still creates such a great damage boost? I'm sorry for picking on it, but it doesn't make sense to me... I know y'all busy with the update right now, yet this is one of the most annoying things in pvp right now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

damage increase is working correctly, and the right amount. Tapping is actually unecessary as windmill on its own ticks damage once cast so spare your fingers the bleeding! The outlier here seems to be the sword proc combined with everything else, which was nerfed a bit to compensate recently. Note that since windmill ticks off like 4 or 5 attacks per cast, each of those ticks has a chance to proc the sword, hence the overload of damage.

Is it working as designed? technically yes, but it's outside of a combination we anticipated. We will keep an eye on it, and if we feel it is out of control we can bring the damage down a bit to level it out. Not just yet though.
    by tapping it is meant: Not charging the skill but merely tapping the button once.

Also the damage can be replicated with the new axe which doesnt have the crit proc. All it is needed is Vengeful Blood and Ribbits arcane to successfuly deal over 1k damage with each windmill hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

But you do realise, that a Warrior can 2 shot kill or even 1 shot kill Rogues and Sorcerers? Without even being hurt. Then, they heal again and continue to enjoy their day. That's what it's supposed to be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think someone is missing the fact that this kind of damage on windmill for such a low skill point cost...is not balanced. I changed my spec long ago after 2shotting a buddy 3500hp warr who just popped a horn with 2sec immune.

Odd thing is I only had maybe 5 or so skill points invested since I was trying to decide my build...it was like a quad AS or something. Pretty sure it was wind/snare, just 1 pass crit, 1 passive str. Really...it's broken even though I had ribb and DWofPot. Guessing I did have a full 5 in veng since I would never go without...so min 9 points.

?...thought it would be fixed so I didn't want to get used to it and swapped for an elite build. How wrong I was...it's intended!
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 02-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I've went into PvP again just recently, and have gotten new opinions on this.

I'm a warrior with 3k+ hp and 800 armor. (unbuffed) An enemy war came at me with windmill, and i died immediately upon contact. A crit of 3500+ damage?

Can't see how this can be an intended mechanism. I've never used this once in my time in pvp (never used snare), and I'm doing just fine with a 3:1 K/D. This definitely should be nerfed as to give other rogues and sorcerers a chance.
    Last edited by Destructible; 02-26-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

You seem to miss the point here. Damage from one windmill tick is absurdly high even without any buffs. I get random 700-1.2k ticks of windmill without vengeful blood buffs or anything. If its working as inteded you should update skill info. It states much lower damage. Btw it doesnt matter what weapon is in use, if you have the right set of skills it works. It is clearly bugged. (I think the snare upgrade on windmill is causing these spikes of damage.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you for the information, Blak!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

With all due respect, I think you are failing to see the bug. The proc on the sword means 100% crit chance, meaning your WM hits are crits instead, not +100% damage on crit. Nothing indicates windmill could ever reach 1000k + even for crits. That is a bug for sure the screenshots show it is obvious something is off.

Nothing in the war skillsets/buff/stacking/swords procs will ever amount to 1000k plus hits/crits on a lvl 21 toon.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior