Thread: Error in the gem table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Error in the gem table

I think someone accidentally messed up the gem drop data. The blue gem set no longer has an attack gem drop until level 26. There used to be a blue attack gem drop in mission 3.3, but the 3.3 drop has been replaced with a purple attack gem. This double up the purple attack drops (2.3 and 3.3), and leave no blue attack drop.

I indicate campaign/mission as C.M, where C is the campaign number and M is the mission number. So, 2.3 means second campaign (The Old Quarters) and third mission (Enemy Number One).

The old gem drop table (for lower levels) is as follows:

red purple blue yellow
    health 8.3 5.1 7.2 6.3
    attack 5.4 2.3 3.3 7.5
    defense 4.1 2.1 1.2 9.3

The current gem drop table is as follows:

red purple blue yellow
    health 8.3 5.1 7.2 6.3
    attack 13.5 2.3, 3.3, 5.4 12.4 7.5
    defense 4.1 2.1 1.2 9.3

So, the earliest encounter of the blue attack gem is at 12.4, which is Fresnel Cemetery, Disturbing the Dead. The lowest possible drop is level 26. So the lowest level attack blue gem has become level 26.

I think someone accidentally messed up the data and changed the blue gem drop to a purple gem drop in 3.3 (Dark Hollow, The Fox Den)
    Last edited by csb; 02-20-2013 at 06:41 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to csb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

For my level 19 character, I see a Level 19 blue attack gem in Dark Hollow, The Fox Den. It is the Level 19 Moonstone of Bashing (24 attack, 6 defense, 20 health)
    Last edited by doomdoomdoom; 02-20-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    For my level 19 character, I see a Level 19 blue attack gem in Dark Hollow, The Fox Den. It is the Level 19 Moonstone of Bashing (24 attack, 6 defense, 20 health)
    My data is different. I will try re-installing the game. It would be odd if the data is on the phone side. This would mean a smart hacker could alter the drop table locally, and get whatever he wants. Just to verify, I ran the Fox Den several times until I got the purple gem drop "Shadowgem of Offense" 8 atk, 2 def, 10 health, level 7. So, according to my phone data and the actual drop, i am getting the purple offense gem from Fox Den.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I have cleared the game data, that did not fix it. I reinstalled DL, and that did not fix it. I still show level 7 "Shadowgem of Offense" purple attack gem for The Fox Den.

Edit: I just tried my level 15 and level 19. The Fox Den rewards are 16/blue/attack and 19/blue/attack. So, i guess at some point the gem reward changes. Also, it shows up as 25/blue/attack to my level 31.

Maybe it's not a bug? I need to rework my spreadsheet for possible reward changes based on level...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    I have cleared the game data, that did not fix it. I reinstalled DL, and that did not fix it. I still show level 7 "Shadowgem of Offense" purple attack gem for The Fox Den.

Edit: I just tried my level 15 and level 19. The Fox Den rewards are 16/blue/attack and 19/blue/attack. So, i guess at some point the gem reward changes. Also, it shows up as 25/blue/attack to my level 31.

Maybe it's not a bug? I need to rework my spreadsheet for possible reward changes based on level...
    I believe the level of the gems you get is tied to your character's level. Makes your table a lot more complicated....but still really nice info. Even if the levels differ, your table still shows me where to go depending on what kind of gem I need. So thank you. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    I believe the level of the gems you get is tied to your character's level. Makes your table a lot more complicated....but still really nice info. Even if the levels differ, your table still shows me where to go depending on what kind of gem I need. So thank you. :-)
    I am working on a very detailed table that includes required level to get the drop. It's about 90% done. I will post it when I finish, which will probably be this weekend.