Thread: A solution for kill farming and spawn camping?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default A solution for kill farming and spawn camping?

Guys, as we all know, some people spawn camp to boost their kill when their team has the upper hand.

I would like to share a thought here.

How about the developers make players take damage and stop any kind of regeneration when the player is in the enemy spawn room. As an example, when you enter the enemy spawn, you'll start taking small amounts of dmg(similar to flag) and regeneration skills (horn,heal) doesn't work, health and mana would also not regen automatically.

To prevent exploitation, such as warr using axe to pull ppl into the spawn, make the disadvantage(no regen, take dmg) occur 3 seconds after a player enters the enemy spawn.

This will keep people from staying too long in the enemy spawn and also make kill farming a lot more harder as they have to run back out to heal or die inside.

With this, you can still kill ppl afk in the spawn, but it will be a lot more harder for people to farm in spawn.

xD any opinions on this? Please tell if you found any flaws I missed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

-People will camp in their spawns to enjoy the bonus dmg
    -Players can be killed in less than 3 seconds, so just run in, kill, run out and repeat
    -This would completely ruin 1v1 and any kind of testing players like to do

How about just a 3 second invincibility when you spawn? I've encountered 2 rogues sitting in the 2 spawn room, spamming out heal packs (so there were six) and waiting for you with charged aimed shot. Which is a bit messed up... So I think a short invincibility would solve this issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree, but it should only be the spawn room itself and not the hallway leading to the spawn room. Otherwise players would camp out in the hallway and attack you when you pass by and you can't chase them. I think maybe the spawn room itself should be a safe zone where only your own team can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    there's no 1vs1 pvp yet, that's called CTF and it's 5vs5 pvp room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    -People will camp in their spawns to enjoy the bonus dmg
    -Players can be killed in less than 3 seconds, so just run in, kill, run out and repeat

How about just a 3 second invincibility when you spawn? I've encountered 2 rogues sitting in the 2 spawn room, spamming out heal packs (so there were six) and waiting for you with charged aimed shot. Which is a bit messed up... So I think a short invincibility would solve this issue
    - let them camp lol. They don't gain anything if you don't engage them in their spawn.
    - running through the corridor takes about 3 seconds, as long as you stay at the end of the spawn room, the degeneration will already started kicking in when the enemy engages you in battle.
    - lol the CTF map is not made for 1v1. You can still do it in the middle of the map with the consent of other players.

Maybe I should do a clarification here. My idea isn't meant to PREVENT spawn killing, only to DISCOURAGE it. And after revising many of others opinions, I realised this is currently the best way I thought of to discourage it, mainly because other ideas seems to be easily exploited.

And about the 3 sec invincibility, warriors will just wait for that immunity to disappear and then jump on you. You can hardly kill warriors in 3sec with the horn I assume. However if my idea is implemented, horn would not work and the worst case scenario would be the warriors would be weaker and weaker each time you spawn as they can't heal themselves up.

Maybe I should eloborate also on way kill farming can be discouraged. If you take damage in the enemy spawn, you would not be able to stay in it and kill dummies all day. Relative to the degeneration rate of the hp, one would need to run out of the spawn room to heal up or die. This will make kill farming a lot more harder and botting almost impossible.

What I'm trying to prevent is: imagine is, you die, press respawn, barely sees an aimed shot and hola! Respawn button reappeared again. Frustrated, you press respawn again, and then 3 warriors jumped like monkeys on your screen, and hola! Say hello to the respawn button again. I hope you get what I mean...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Invincibility stays until the player move or attack.
    While in this state, player has access to pet's arcane ability and pet will attack enemies.
    Last edited by Crabmeat; 02-21-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crabmeat View Post
    Invincibility stays until the player move or attack.
    While in this state, player has access to pet's arcane ability and pet will attack enemies.
    That counts as an attack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's an idea.... How about an option to leave the game instead of respawning after you die. Yesterday I ended up in a game where there were multiple warriors in the spawn room. They killed me instantly about 15 times before I decided to force close the app on my phone as there was no other way out. Each time they would kill me quicker than I could press the required buttons to exit the game.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here's an idea.... How about an option to leave the game instead of respawning after you die. Yesterday I ended up in a game where there were multiple warriors in the spawn room. They killed me instantly about 15 times before I decided to force close the app on my phone as there was no other way out. Each time they would kill me quicker than I could press the required buttons to exit the game.
    Ouch, thats bad mambo jambo

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post names. A sort of Wall of Shame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nananana View Post
    That counts as an attack
    Indirectly. Only pet, self buffs and charging is allowed, other than that will break invincibility. I called it a revenge or preparation state. This will provide player an option to leave arena.
    Last edited by Crabmeat; 02-21-2013 at 06:47 PM.