Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Are Doors Next?

A little history of farming for the newbies:

Swamps:Bayou Boss Brawl
    The bosses were in the corners, with an open space in the middle. This led to the Pull, whereby one player 'leashes' a boss, brings it to the open space and the other players kill it. Then they remake without killing most mobs.

AO1: (Last board)
    There were two bosses very close to the beginning, so players would kill those two, and remake without killing most mobs.

AO2: 4+5
    The Dev's decide to counter this by putting the bosses at the end of corridors of mobs so the players would have to kill them to get to the bosses. The players counter this with rushing techniques where they use stuns and ice skills to run to the bosses and kill them, and then remake without killing most mobs.

AO3+ : Doors? Could there be doors that can only open after killing the mobs in the room? Would this prevent players from remaking without killing most mobs? If so, will it be countered?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zzzzz. Hope not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Either boss won't spawn until a percentage of mobs have died or just nerf the rush by making mobs unrushable. Somehow, they really need to prevent it. Rush farming pretty much killed AO2 for me (along with Mynas powerleveling). I think there are probably even better solutions, but these seem the simplest.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Power leveling lol, rushing was no fun. But I did enjoy seeing everyone but me get pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    A little history of farming for the newbies:

Swamps:Bayou Boss Brawl
    The bosses were in the corners, with an open space in the middle. This led to the Pull, whereby one player 'leashes' a boss, brings it to the open space and the other players kill it. Then they remake without killing most mobs.

AO1: (Last board)
    There were two bosses very close to the beginning, so players would kill those two, and remake without killing most mobs.

AO2: 4+5
    The Dev's decide to counter this by putting the bosses at the end of corridors of mobs so the players would have to kill them to get to the bosses. The players counter this with rushing techniques where they use stuns and ice skills to run to the bosses and kill them, and then remake without killing most mobs.

AO3+ : Doors? Could there be doors that can only open after killing the mobs in the room? Would this prevent players from remaking without killing most mobs? If so, will it be countered?
    Wow this is a first! i HATE this thread! I usually love everything u write! -blindfolds devs-
    And,. heres my totally trollish picture which i HAD to make!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Naw this is actually a good idea. Combine mobs that cant be rushes with doors.

Though until they make str stat add lots of hp so that mobs can do damage to tanks rather that 0 damage by armor or dodge... Pve combat will always be an easy mode snooze fest time sink... And pvp will continue to suck. Seriously.. How do u scale up a mob if they cant so more damage cause the players only gained 10 hp in 5 levels... Armor mitigation has clearly failed on its own.
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-29-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Love the art piece.