Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
Sorry again for the errors. I deleted my old post. It seems i had made a little copy/paste error and forgot to fix some formulas on the cooldowns for spells. So every spell was running witha 3s cooldown (big error for Time Shift) etc. Now it is fixed. I also added in a 0.1-0.4s user error to the Auto Attack, so that it has a built in deduction (so that it is not a 'perfect world' calculator). I also had never added in the ability to calculate the 0-5% passive Damage %, but i did now.

Here are the #'s with the changes i made to the tool:
All based on 140% crit damage (unless LS 250%). Priority was (weapon, time shift, frost, lightning, fire)
Flamestrike, 204.1 Damage, 9.32% crit Clyde = 347
Oracle gun, 227.8 Damage, 11.13 crit, Clyde = 361
Flamestrike, 204.1 Damage, 2.32% crit Colton = 378
Oracle gun, 227.8 Damage, 4.13 crit, Colton = 392

Now let's play around with your numbers with 5% crit passive also added in. Also i adjusted the CritDam% to 200% on the last 2 lines for curiosity.
Flamestrike, 204.1 Damage, 14.32% crit Clyde, CritDam 140% = 353 (~2% dps increase for 5% crit)
Oracle gun, 227.8 Damage, 16.13 crit, Clyde, CritDam 140% = 370 (~2% dps increase for 5% crit)
Flamestrike, 204.1 Damage, 14.32% crit Clyde, CritDam 200% = 355
Oracle gun, 227.8 Damage, 16.13 crit, Clyde, CritDam 200% = 371

If we did Passive Damage % instead of Passive Crit we get
Flamestrike, 204.1 Damage, 9.32% crit, Clyde, CritDam 140%, 5% passive Damage = 365 (~5% increase)
Oracle gun, 227.8 Damage, 11.13 crit, Clyde, CritDam 140%, 5% passive Damage = 380 (~5% increase)

I just don't think, with crit and crit damage being so low, that crit is a viable alternative to +damage items. (and boom go the item prices...oh wait probably only 2 people will read this long post)

My excel calculator has been updated and saved and is more automatic as well. I found that Mix/Max damage of Skills is based on 89%-111% of the Average damage. Average damage is calculated by a modifier * Damage
Fireball/Gale Force = 1.35 modifier
Lightning Bolt, Time Shift, Frost Bolt = 1.8
+15% Lightning Bolt = 2.07
Lifegiver = 3.6
Great job! Thanks for those numbers

It kind of was to be expected that 5% more Dmg > 5% more crit with current stats of endgame sorcerers.

Now the numbers of flamestrike rod vs crystal gun also match up with the timed runs I did. As said, they were slightly faster when using the gun, as is reflected in your Dmg output being a bit higher. I also tested Colton in timed runs, and again it matched the numbers (slightly faster runs). You were definitely right about missing out on Colton. The only thing I still use Clyde for is when I need the maximum amount of health I can get, without sacrificing too much Dmg. And then you didn't (as far as I understood) even took Colton's 15crit buff into account. So yeah, for Dmg pets Colton is most probably the way to go.

I think the user error of 0.1-0.4 also reflects a more realistic Dmg output number.

In any case, thanks for the number crunching, I can imagine it was a lot of work. I'm glad to see the numbers line up with my own tests. I'm definitely going to play around with your calculator soon