Thread: Stomp lv3>4,5

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Stomp lv3>4,5

Ok so I was respecing my tank, and I noticed that for stomp, it says that for lv3 it has an 8 meter range, then it goes down to like 6 in the lv4 and 5... I really don't want to have to respec again because of this. Anyone know the reason

As always im too lazy to search forums, and don't have the time: post a link to the original thread if this has been said before.

Otherwise.. Thoughts?
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaabob View Post
    Ok so I was respecing my tank, and I noticed that for stomp, it says that for lv3 it has an 8 meter range, then it goes down to like 6 in the lv4 and 5... I really don't want to have to respec again because of this. Anyone know the reason

As always im too lazy to search forums, and don't have the time: post a link to the original thread if this has been said before.

Otherwise.. Thoughts?
    That's gotta be a bug. I would post in the bugs and technical issues forum. In my experience the range of stomp definitely increases with skill points.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought it was just a numerical error In the description of the skill myself it seemed To have greater area coverage as I increased the levels from 3-5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just a guess, damage improvement but range goes down?
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yea. But damage goes up every level anyways.
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

These dynamic skill descriptions are very new. I am nearly certain it's just a bug with that and the skill increases damage and range with points.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i noticed this too. i thought it was either an error or it was designed as a player decision. do you want higher damage or greater range? more damage = less range. less damage = more range.

*edit*
    stomp + beckon is insanely fun...especially with multiple warriors with beckon
    Last edited by Rextab; 09-30-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should never lose AOE as you increase a skill. Either keep 6m range for lvl 1-5 Stomp, or increase it as your go. Decreasing AOE seems @ss backwards, even if the damage goes up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has to be a bug, or like what bladesword said, "damage goes up but range goes down" I'll definitely have to check that out
    Xcelerator Ursan-Warrior (Lvl 41 and growing)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

This was supposed to be fixed in a recent patch: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...te-%2850917%29
    Afaik it was, but honestly haven't checked...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Just did a quick respec:

1 point - 10 mana, 12.5 sec. cool-down, 4m area, 43-57 damage + knock-back + stun
    2 points - 10 mana, 10.5 sec. cool-down, 6m area, 43-57 damage + knock-back + stun
    3 points - 10 mana, 10.5 sec. cool-down, 8m area, 57-71 damage + knock-back + stun
    4 points - 10 mana, 8.5 sec. cool-down, 8m area, 57-71 damage + knock-back + stun
    5 points - 10 mana, 8.5 sec. cool-down, 8m area, 68-85 damage + knock-back + stun

So, some points affect range, some cool-down period and some damage. The only two times that affect more than one aspect is when you put the second point in--shorter cool-down and bigger area of effect and the third point--bigger area and more damage. But you don't go down in either area or damage, only up.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm