Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps, Why so hard now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Elite Maps, Why so hard now?

It's so hard to farm in Elite now and sts changed the boss spam in Elite Mariner Reef. I enjoyed farming there. Now, it's no fun! I don't play much recently coz im really frustrated about the update. I'm a DPS rogue but I can't kill easily like before in Elite maps! and this season has a big difference in Elite compared to the previous season. It's really frustrating. I use many potions and get nothing. I feel like I'm wasting time and efforts to farm. There's no reason of playing anymore. Sigh!

I suggest they would return Elite Mariner Reef boss spawn without killing the sooo hard mobs and make the mobs a bit easier to kill like season 2 elite mobs. Please! Thank you STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Good. Sounds like STS finally somewhat grasped the concept of "elite". It isn't supposed to be easy. Unless you're godly at the game it should piss you off. It's elite, not everyone should be able to farm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphruss View Post
    I'm a DPS rogue but I can't kill easily like before in Elite maps!
    This quote here tells me you aren't "elite", quite frankly. If you want the mobs to be killed "easily". So you should struggle tremendously with it, while others will manage if they are a player with high enough skill quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, We'll see how much players you will lose. lol

And btw, Why was the elite during season 1 and 2 like that? So you're saying STS made a fault before because it's not that hard? I see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well, We'll see how much players you will lose. lol

And btw, Why was the elite during season 1 and 2 like that? So you're saying STS made a fault before because it's not that hard? I see.
    The loss of players betters the community then. It means the ones that remains were experienced and intellectual enough to know how to conquer the elite maps.

Seriously, quit the whining. In PL, before everything was elixir this and elixir that, people would wipe out at elite L50 shadow caves as L61s and L66s in full vanity gear.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The loss of players betters the community then. It means the ones that remains were experienced and intellectual enough to know how to conquer the elite maps.

Seriously, quit the whining. In PL, before everything was elixir this and elixir that, people would wipe out at elite L50 shadow caves as L61s and L66s in full vanity gear.
    I'm just saying what everyone's feeling about. All of my friends don't like it. lol! They just don't post here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I'm just saying what everyone's feeling about. All of my friends don't like it. lol! They just don't post here.
    Because people generally link together with others that are about equal to their own playing level. "Elite" top tier players are going to generally surround themselves with other top tier players. If the level you're at isn't quite up to par enough to allow you to play the elite dungeons, most of your friends will be in the same boat and share the same feelings.

I don't mean any offense by this. It's quite alright to not be able to beat elite dungeons, as elite is a term that should only refer to a small group of people. They're elite for a reason, and that's why there are other places to farm/play aside from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I bet if you would ask the top players of Arcane Legends, they would agree to my suggestions. And my friends are not noobs btw, they got the best stuffs and highly skilled as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Because people generally link together with others that are about equal to their own playing level. "Elite" top tier players are going to generally surround themselves with other top tier players. If the level you're at isn't quite up to par enough to allow you to play the elite dungeons, most of your friends will be in the same boat and share the same feelings.

I don't mean any offense by this. It's quite alright to not be able to beat elite dungeons, as elite is a term that should only refer to a small group of people. They're elite for a reason, and that's why there are other places to farm/play aside from there.
    I bet if you would ask the top players of Arcane Legends, they would agree to my suggestions. And my friends are not noobs btw, they got the best stuffs and highly skilled as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I never stated they were noobs, I was simply saying that if you're struggling, your friends probably are too because they're around the same level you're at. I'm sure there are a fair amount of people that can handle the elite map. Consider it a challenge. No one is forcing you to farm there, so no point in lowering the status of elite to try and appease those who want an easier ride.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Good. Sounds like STS finally somewhat grasped the concept of "elite". It isn't supposed to be easy. Unless you're godly at the game it should piss you off. It's elite, not everyone should be able to farm there.

This quote here tells me you aren't "elite", quite frankly. If you want the mobs to be killed "easily". So you should struggle tremendously with it, while others will manage if they are a player with high enough skill quality.
    Well I agree somewhat. Should be hard for sure. But it's a little ridiculous this season.

I get about two hours a day to play. That's what... 4 runs MAYBE. And doesn't include quitting after 10 minutes because teammates aren't cutting it. The party system makes it that much more difficult.

It's very hard to find four good team members that aren't already on parties or have that much time on their hands.

I could log in, do a run in 15 and it would be fine. If it's going to push 30 minutes, I won't do it.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I never stated they were noobs, I was simply saying that if you're struggling, your friends probably are too because they're around the same level you're at. I'm sure there are a fair amount of people that can handle the elite map. Consider it a challenge. No one is forcing you to farm there, so no point in lowering the status of elite to try and appease those who want an easier ride.
    Yes, you didn't. What I was saying is, me and my friends can handle Elite, We've got the best item. But it's tooooo hard now. And it's really impossible not to die in Elite Kraken islands now, even if I use sooo many potions. If you're really playing the game, you'll know.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Since when did you and mystical start playing AL? On Topic: yeah, the rouges kill easily. I. Elite map, 1 really good tanker, 2 rogues, and a good sorcerer. Or 2 sorcerers and one rogue. Dude, rogues are the key to fast elite runs. Their high crit, and dps, makes enemies easy too kill.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

The elites arnt that hard...... But I hang out with the top tier of players as others above have stated there are.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

lol like everyone else said, elites are supposed to be hard. Makes sense; players are now 5 lvls higher and like 30 stat points higher too, so it has to be harder, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Best gear doesn't make you the best player. My first few runs in elites I kept getting killed, I was playing the same way I did in the old elites. Then I started trying out different ideas, and found what I need to do to stay alive and still kill. I can now stay alive, can even solo 1-2 elite mobs (as a sorc) without much fear of death... 3 maybe, after that it gets a bit difficult. I've been able to keep fighting the boss while the rest of my team respawns and runs back, but it's not easy. Still haven't figured out how to kill that stupid ghost boss, the little perma stun things hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asaka View Post
    I don't care what the "Hard Core" players think, they are not the majority, its supposed to be a casual game like all mobile games and the Elite levels are just not casual. Its not just about the quality elite players, its about having millions play their game so they can make money and I am sure STS will listen to our Elite problems. And yes you need to play elite levels to get money, grinding takes too long for a casual game that people play on their brake, on the can etc.
    This is what I'm saying! Some people don't understand. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...te-Frustration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

no intention to offense, but you look at yourself too high ..
    how about if this game is filled with only hardcore people on leaderboard ??
    i'm sure soon you'll quit from this game ..
    every mmorpg need community no matter they are hardcore or casual player ..
    people who you (self proclaimed pro player) called "noob" will make life for the game ..
    if there are no people, the game will dead by itself ..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to just comment For This Useful Post:

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating here:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    There are continued refinements coming [to Elite Maps], along with additional PvP balance changes (and some new content too). Stay tuned for more info and thanks for your input and support of Arcane Legends!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating here:
    We, at least I, appreciate that Alex. But some changes should never have been made in the first place and when they are it makes players wonder what is going on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

My opinion is that some maps like elite skull cove are too long and as someone said before a lot of times teammates don't stay and leave the map after 30 minutes maybe, so you have lost time and don't have dropped nothing nor gained achievements. On the other hand I partially agree that elite maps shouldn't be easy or they won't be anymore "elite". The problem is that new players that don't have money to buy decent equipments can't do some elite maps and usually anyone wants them in the party if they are too weak. My advice is to lower elite mobs armor and/or life but put more mobs in elite maps and lower a bit the damage of some bosses, this way rogues and mages won't die a lot of times in one shot like now and they won't be forced to do another time the path that is only a loss of time. Another solution to this problem could be to put check points only in elite maps. I hope my advice can be helpful say to me what do you think