Thread: Boss Death

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Boss Death

So, this is mainly a rant, but also something I think should really be changed.

It took me three days to find a group to run one of the KI elites I'm missing. Got one, two sorcs (me being one) and 2 warriors to run the third one. Things going well, then we die. One warrior quits, but the rest of us soldier on. My strategy for playing sorc goes well, and I learn a bit more while going through. Even when the tank dies I'm able to keep doing some damage and stay alive until he returns. Boss... a number of deaths, one reset. Boss is near death, I die. I meant to use another 1 plat restore but hit the free by mistake. Knowing the boss is near death I switch pet to shiloh and buy a speed elixer, I'm not 2 seconds away and the boss dies. I don't get a drop, I don't get the achievement, I get jack. Three days to get a team that finally goes through to the end, 37 minutes of fighting, plenty of plat used (my combo elixer died in the run, it took half an hour to get enough people).

Why do you have to be next to the boss to get a drop or credit for helping kill it. I fought, I did a large amount of the damage to him, but I got nothing for all the effort? I closed the game at this point, and honestly am still pissed enough that I don't really want to play. I've spent a decent amount on the game, and mostly enjoyed it, but crap like this makes me not want to play.

Don't get me wrong, I like the challenge of the current version and don't want it made easier. It's just stupid crap like this that pisses me off. Everyone should get credit for the fight. I understand leechers can be a problem, but this solution punishes anyone that dies towards the end of the boss fight.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In particular case leechers are way more Evil.
    Achievements are made once and forever, so it should stay that way.
    For loot drop: if you died almost at boss' end, don't respawn, wait for your fellow teammates kill the boss, then respawn and run for your reward.
    Finally, if you didn't get the achiev' yet, pm me I'll help
    Last edited by yoho; 03-04-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have had this happen to me also really sicks especially on new elites that are actually elite. But I feel just not respawning and basically abandoning my team is not a good answer even if it does work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just stay dead by boss. Let him die. You will get the drop and the achievement. Respawn and run back. I'm surprised so few people know this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Staying dead isnt great tbh.. Esp if other players are doing the same. It sucks u had to run back but missed the drop, nvm and go again =)
    PL: Treenire - lvl 76- Enireaza - lvl 71 - Naiades - lvl 68 - Treepossum - lvl 52 -
    DL: Treenire - 31 - SL: Treenire - 46 - AL: Treenire - 21 -

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

If you have respawned and boss is closing up on being dead, shout out to your team, so they dont kill him

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Genuinous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
    Yes but if you thinks about staying dead this way:
    Assuming the boss's health is so low that you can't possibly make it back in time...
    Isn't it better just to stay dead? You get your drops, achievement, etc. and you don't have to walk. And it's not like you could have helped kill the boss, either way (assuming your whole team doesn't die. But then you couldn't make it in time to save them either, could you? I think walking back with them is fine.)
    This.

Also good luck getting any pug to wait for you lol. So many people don't have manners in this game it's crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What I hate worst is people that run from the bosses when the bosses target them. The bosses will then run back to their starting spot with full health. You'll expect them to figure to run in circles instead of a straight line back after a few times...but I guess not