Thread: Transmutations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default Transmutations

Alright, this idea could've been brought up before. (And it's in World of Warcraft, I know that)

Table of Contents:
    I. Transmutations
    II. The Rules
    III. Pros and Cons of Transmuting
    A. Pros
    B. Cons
    IV. Costs

I. <Transmutations>

Have you ever not liked your set that you're wearing, but don't want to use normal vanities to cover it up? Have you always wanted to look like a beast in PvP while retaining the stats of your current gear? Well, this is the suggestion for you! The transmutation suggestion will be where you can change a set into a vanity that RETAINS the stats of your current gear. For example: you can wear a demonic set over another set.

To prevent transmuting a bear to look like a look like a mage and pretend to be a noob or vice versa with other classes, rules for what is eligible to transmute have to be included.

II. <The Rules>
    • You CANNOT transmute gear that you cannot actually wear, such as a str/dex bear transmuting their gear into int gear. THAT IS A NO!
    • You must actually have the set you want your items transmuted into.
    • The item being transmuted must be a purple or pink.
    • The item type that your gear is must be the same as transmutation item type. This is not the same as the first bullet. For example: A mace can only be transmuted into a mace, shields into shields, shortbows into shortbows, etc..
    • Once the item is transmuted, it CAN be brought back into an item.

III. <Pros and Cons of Transmuting>
    Of course transmutations can bring both negative and positive effects on Pocket Legends, and we will go over some in the following lists.

A.
    Pros

• Gear creativity
    • Having some of your favorite sets or gears on when doing something that you have to have good gear for
    • Versatility
    • When PvPing, being accused of being a haxor by owning someone when looking boss/noob (in purples :3)
    • Mostly cosmetic, can boost confidence
    B. Cons

• Glitchy, it's a mobile game after all
    • Will cost platinum
    • When PvPing, being accused of being a haxor by owning someone when looking boss/noob (in purples :3)

IV. Costs

I believe the cost of each transmutation (each item transmuted) would cost 15 platinum. If transmuting a full (official, with set bonus and all that) set, then there should be a discount of 5 plat from original price. If you change the transmuted vanity back into a normal item, to transmute it again, you'll have to pay another 15 platinum per item. The platinum cost will benefit both SpaceTime Studios, as people will be changing looks all the time, and people will be needing platinum to do so. If the developers see this, take it into consideration. It isn't a MAJOR thing, like glitches, level cap, PvP balance, etc, but it gives us players something fun to be creative with and look cool along the way while retaining the stats.

So that's the whole thing for ya! Hope you like the suggestion of transmutations; if this helped you in any way, then click the thanks/thumbs up button! Tell me YOUR feedback and anything you'd like to add!
    Cya later,
    OverkillED
    Last edited by OverkillED; 03-05-2013 at 07:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OverkillED For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

+1 to idea
    I would like to watch how vanity weapons could work. I would convert a l25 earthquake hammer into vanity and use it on top of savage scythe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Hmm. I'm slightly confused. So it changes the set into vanity and loses all stats? Or it changes to vanity, then adds to your stats as if you were wearing two sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    +1 to idea
    I would like to watch how vanity weapons could work. I would convert a l25 earthquake hammer into vanity and use it on top of savage scythe.
    Hmm.. Well that wouldn't be possible because an earthquake hammer would be a mace and the savage scythe is a scythe/sword. The items have to be a same item type to be eligible for transmutations. This makes it so not just any 1H str weapon can be a vanity over another 1H str weapon and can bring a slight challenge to finding a perfect transmog weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Hmm. I'm slightly confused. So it changes the set into vanity and loses all stats? Or it changes to vanity, then adds to your stats as if you were wearing two sets?
    Ok so the item that is changed into a vanity loses its stats, and then the items under the vanity are just the same stats, so the transmuted item is just like a normal vanity but with the exclusive look. The transmutations should be only for cosmetics, and something else to do when you're not PvPing or PvEing. Us PL players need more things to pass the time. Instead of just farming for drops to sell or make money, this gives another purpose to farm. It gives us something other to do and can be fun. (Goal making as well)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    Ok so the item that is changed into a vanity loses its stats, and then the items under the vanity are just the same stats, so the transmuted item is just like a normal vanity but with the exclusive look. The transmutations should be only for cosmetics, and something else to do when you're not PvPing or PvEing. Us PL players need more things to pass the time. Instead of just farming for drops to sell or make money, this gives another purpose to farm. It gives us something other to do and can be fun. (Goal making as well)
    OH! Gotcha, so two items are being combined here. That makes sense. Yeah, they have that in Guild Wars 2!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    OH! Gotcha, so two items are being combined here. That makes sense. Yeah, they have that in Guild Wars 2!
    Oh I didn't know it was in GW2! I just knew for sure something similar was in World of Warcraft. Well the point of this was to maybe have a look that you want without losing stat bonuses and to bring some of the purpose of fun back into the game. Right now it's all just "Omg gotta farm for 2 hours straight to get this drop for a dragon set blah blah blah," egos. I'd have fun trying to find cool items to transmute. Who knows? Transmutations will probably raise the popularity of purple items, for some of them look quite nice and maybe people would want to have the look while still having the stats of their current set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

AWESOME idea, but it will never be implemented into PL. i just don't think this game can handle a job that big tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    Alright, this idea could've been brought up before. (And it's in World of Warcraft, I know that)

Table of Contents:
    I. Transmutations
    II. The Rules
    III. Pros and Cons of Transmuting
    A. Pros
    B. Cons
    IV. Costs

I. <Transmutations>

Have you ever not liked your set that you're wearing, but don't want to use normal vanities to cover it up? Have you always wanted to look like a beast in PvP while retaining the stats of your current gear? Well, this is the suggestion for you! The transmutation suggestion will be where you can change a set into a vanity that RETAINS the stats of your current gear. For example: you can wear a demonic set over another set.

To prevent transmuting a bear to look like a look like a mage and pretend to be a noob or vice versa with other classes, rules for what is eligible to transmute have to be included.

II. <The Rules>
    • You CANNOT transmute gear that you cannot actually wear, such as a str/dex bear transmuting their gear into int gear. THAT IS A NO!
    • You must actually have the set you want your items transmuted into.
    • The item being transmuted must be a purple or pink.
    • The item type that your gear is must be the same as transmutation item type. This is not the same as the first bullet. For example: A mace can only be transmuted into a mace, shields into shields, shortbows into shortbows, etc..
    • Once the item is transmuted, it CAN be brought back into an item.

III. <Pros and Cons of Transmuting>
    Of course transmutations can bring both negative and positive effects on Pocket Legends, and we will go over some in the following lists.

A.
    Pros

• Gear creativity
    • Having some of your favorite sets or gears on when doing something that you have to have good gear for
    • Versatility
    • Mostly cosmetic, can boost confidence
    B. Cons

• Glitchy, it's a mobile game after all
    • Will cost platinum

IV. Costs

I believe the cost of each transmutation (each item transmuted) would cost 15 platinum. If transmuting a full (official, with set bonus and all that) set, then there should be a discount of 5 plat from original price. If you change the transmuted vanity back into a normal item, to transmute it again, you'll have to pay another 15 platinum per item. The platinum cost will benefit both SpaceTime Studios, as people will be changing looks all the time, and people will be needing platinum to do so. If the developers see this, take it into consideration. It isn't a MAJOR thing, like glitches, level cap, PvP balance, etc, but it gives us players something fun to be creative with and look cool along the way while retaining the stats.

So that's the whole thing for ya! Hope you like the suggestion of transmutations; if this helped you in any way, then click the thanks/thumbs up button! Tell me YOUR feedback and anything you'd like to add!
    Cya later,
    OverkillED
    WUT?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenwinu2 View Post
    WUT?
    ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

.-.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

>_>

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Great idea.
    15 platnium? >_<