Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Care and Feeding of Mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Care and Feeding of Mages

Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Just kidding. We, or at least, I love the bears and avians. I love them so very much I want to help, I really do. A couple of things to keep in mind, if you'd be so kind:

1. If we're in a big mob and you decide to go after some choice loot on your own, don't scream that I didn't heal/res you quickly enough. If you're waaaay over there and I'm waaaay over here, there isn't much I can do for you.
    2. If you're a low level player trying to play with the big kids and keep yelling all in caps, "HEAL MEEEEE!" "RES MEEEEEE!" every 3.5 seconds, I'm going to ignore you after awhile. You're annoying and you should probably be playing in a more level-appropriate game. If you're trying to help where you can and not screaming, believe me, I'll support you all I can and try to keep you alive.
    3. Please don't beg me for stuff I got in a drop. If I can't use it, I'm liable to give it to you anyway. At least ask for a trade, for crying out loud. And asking for stuff or a trade in the middle of a big fight? Not happening.
    4. Once I've popped a heal, it takes a few seconds to do it again. Trust me, if I see you still need some, you'll get it as soon as I've got it available. Yelling at me doesn't make the skill happen faster. Really.
    5. If I'm up to my butt in alligators in the swamp, passing me by to get to something else isn't nice. Guess who's going to be up for taking the long walk when they have to respawn instead of getting ressed?

To the 98% of the bears and the 99% of the avian nice guys out there. Thank you. Thank you for smacking things around for me and taking the heat off me. I really appreciate all you do and I'll gladly burn mana pots for you guys anytime. It's only the 2% or 1% respectively that make me want to smack them with a wet mackerel. Hey, Devs? Can the elves get a Wet Mackerel of Great Smackage +2 for such occasions? Please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Word .......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol that would be cool
    Tore - Sorcerer
    Platinum - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great post. Should be mandatory reading at the PL academy.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Now I'm dreaming of an Osirian Voodoo Mackerel of Thoth with Added Smackage Action. For the really tough cases. Seriously, the majority of the fighters and avians are great! Those few, though......argh. I forgot my favorite--in the hidden ice area? Level 12 (!!!) screaming for a heal, excuse me, screaming, "HELP!" every 2 seconds, not able to use pots..... Yeah, I'm not going to have the mana to res or heal the fighter/avian that's saving my bacon? Sorry kiddo, you're an acceptable loss at that point.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 09-30-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: corrected punctuation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's all about triage sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

The worst is when they get one shotted because they're soloing a boss they can't take on and they say you didn't heal them. Like come on. I can't heal you if you got a ine shot death! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Haha
    This is great... ESP #5....
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good list. We all need to be reminded of the basics from time to time....

If I might suggest #6: Elves are not bears. (Obvious, I know, but stay with me here.) When our Mana Shields are active, we can take a hit or two. Without our shields, we're about as fragile as origami. If we get swarmed by badguys, we'll die. And then who will heal you and revive you? If you do your best to keep us alive, we'll have a lot easier time keeping you alive. It's all about the teamwork.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Indeed, Jim. And there's some bosses that get within feet of me and I die. Bastet and Sobek come to mind--boop! Dead. If you see me running when they appear, believe me, I'm not running away. I'm trying to get to a spot of relative safety where you're still within heal/res range, I can throw a few offensive spells, but I'm (hopefully) away from their area effect spells.

Thanks for posting the link, Duke! That was an excellent summary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you love something - let it go! So when I see a mage on my tank because I love them oh so much I respectfully draw to distance far enough away to not draw any mobs, or I walk right by tipping my hat but giving it it's space. For these reasons you must understand that not all mages are dependent some are independent, like the ones I see still playing level 25 maps at 45. Ooooo, the sense of power they finally have, the ability to actually do some good! *HOOYAH*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Hey, Devs? Can the elves get a Wet Mackerel of Great Smackage +2 for such occasions? Please?
    sig'd

/oohlalaaaaaaaaaa

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Noob figs cant triforce !!
    Last edited by King Richie; 10-02-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i woudl edit your post richie...
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I WOULD edit your post holy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    sig'd

/oohlalaaaaaaaaaa
    I'm honored! The mackerel would be too, but he's busy watching "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" for the 47th time. He promises to be ready when needed.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Just kidding. We, or at least, I love the bears and avians. I love them so very much I want to help, I really do. A couple of things to keep in mind, if you'd be so kind:

1. If we're in a big mob and you decide to go after some choice loot on your own, don't scream that I didn't heal/res you quickly enough. If you're waaaay over there and I'm waaaay over here, there isn't much I can do for you.
    2. If you're a low level player trying to play with the big kids and keep yelling all in caps, "HEAL MEEEEE!" "RES MEEEEEE!" every 3.5 seconds, I'm going to ignore you after awhile. You're annoying and you should probably be playing in a more level-appropriate game. If you're trying to help where you can and not screaming, believe me, I'll support you all I can and try to keep you alive.
    3. Please don't beg me for stuff I got in a drop. If I can't use it, I'm liable to give it to you anyway. At least ask for a trade, for crying out loud. And asking for stuff or a trade in the middle of a big fight? Not happening.
    4. Once I've popped a heal, it takes a few seconds to do it again. Trust me, if I see you still need some, you'll get it as soon as I've got it available. Yelling at me doesn't make the skill happen faster. Really.
    5. If I'm up to my butt in alligators in the swamp, passing me by to get to something else isn't nice. Guess who's going to be up for taking the long walk when they have to respawn instead of getting ressed?

To the 98% of the bears and the 99% of the avian nice guys out there. Thank you. Thank you for smacking things around for me and taking the heat off me. I really appreciate all you do and I'll gladly burn mana pots for you guys anytime. It's only the 2% or 1% respectively that make me want to smack them with a wet mackerel. Hey, Devs? Can the elves get a Wet Mackerel of Great Smackage +2 for such occasions? Please?
    Amen! So, Ask for heals, Rush bosses without you,And scream HEAL MEEEEE!, Got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, On times when I'm playing my 30s Mage, I would often have some 19 tagging and screaming heal heal heal and Rez Rez Rez, the point here is, we mages at 30s might not have that mana reg or the skill aren't cooldown yet, while for the 19s, we mages pot mana just to give u that heal while u could just pot a health and our mana better else spent. It isn't smart to run into pack mobs and just die that, often being plain ignored by me
    Popciclex - Lv50 Avian-Talon:
    Xviperr - Level 48 142strBEAR:
    Shadowsx - Level 33 142intMage:

Take a look at my selling list-