Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Variations of Rhinos

Str/int Rhino

I have sucessfully confirmed that 2 int = 1 skill damage for the spell Holy Tempest (Lvl 9). This clears one of my biggest 'road not taken' mysteries.

Presently equipping Lvl75 Beastly Dragonscale Sword, my Holy Tempest deals 368-427 damage. A rhino with 160 int would have 448-507, or +20%; a rhino with 160 dex would have 392-451, or +6%. These numbers are for Holy Tempest only. Int adds much less moolah for Rhino Might, Charge, and Restore.

Because rhinos only have two AoE skills (one good, one sucky), adding int is not recommended. By the way, mages have three AoE skills, which are all good.

Str Rhino

I re-specced to a STR Rhino because I was getting tired of dps (prior to this, a dagger rhino build proved too fragile for PvE). So now I have 331 base STR, 45 base Dex, 4 base Int, 100% hitrate naked, and 635 HP fully clothed.

This build (similar to CosmicXGhost's super-CTF rhino) was quite fun to play because i can walk to the middle of a mob, chat, and ignore the mobs. Since I don't care too much for CTF, I deployed a "zero attack" layout:

1 Charge
    1 Redemption
    1 Summon
    9 Restore
    9 Revive
    9 Stoneskin
    9 Guardian
    9 Vital Force
    9 Brute Force
    9 Holy Tempest

Yes, both combo pieces at 1 pt.

Surprisingly, this build is capable of PVP! I have outdated humania equips and limited PVP experience but was able to kill a few birds and one rushing fox. (I finally met a fox in PVP. It tried to rush me, so I instantly killed it.) I definitely should try PVP again once I have the full Savage set, Cap ring, and Lvl 9 Redemption. The strategy for killing birds is actually quite straightforward although getting the timing right is hard:

1. Buff and run away (IMPORTANT!).
    2. As they charge forward, u suddenly run forward, Charge, then Rhino Might.
    3. Wait 3 seconds then Holy Tempest.
    4. Wait 3 seconds then Rhino Might.
    5. If you are lucky the bird will be locked in perma-stun. At this point u cherry tap it to death.
    6. If the bird tries anything, u cast Heal, or Guardian.
    7. If the bird knocks u back to an sliver of your life, u cast Heal, and laugh evilly.
    8. Sometimes u will die instantly to a crit. Just say GF and respawn.

The following routine is used against bears. Bears are a very difficult opponent:

1. As they beckon, you let it pull u in. Just before it finishes the combo, you cast Rhino Might to stun it.
    2. At this point, the Bear will cast Stomp. Your response is heal.
    3. Hit the bear with normal skills. Run away whenever u think high dmg moves are coming.
    4. Use Guardian if the bear stuns u.
    5. After some time, the bear's buffs run out. This is the time for perma-stun (Rhino Might + Holy Tempest).
    6. Kill the bear after 2 minutes.

I havent found anything that works against Mages. They heal AND have 100% crit. Gf rhino.

PVP is not my intention for Rhino; otherwise I wouldn't use a "zero attack" formation. I actually built it this way for bossing and farming Lost Valley. It is inspired by Spain's "no strikers" football strategy.

Dagger Rhino

Dagger Rhino is possible due to the Molten set (purple) giving 56% crit at the expense of low armor and no dodge. This build is fun, but I get tired of dying randomly.

I used two variations, a pure Molten set, as well as a hybrid Molten set. The pure Molten is just asking to be murdered. The Hybrid has reasonable armor but very low dodge:

Str Helm
    Blackened Shard of the Dragon
    Molten armor
    Str Shield

This build has high DPS (600!) but requires elixirs to really bring on the pain. As I have mentioned, high speed weapons are mitigated by armor. But purchase a Trasher Pwnage, and you will literally rain death while having max armor. I am not a plat user (all my plat is from free offers), so I had to discontinue the build. But I never had to worry about having no Break Armor skill since a bird was always in the party.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 03-25-2013 at 08:47 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whisperwalk For This Useful Post: