Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Party System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Default The Party System

Ok... I'm going to make a suggestion that I think a lot of people will disagree with. But I think a LOT MORE people will agree with.

This awkard party system in Arcane Legends. I think its time for a revamp. The idea behind it was well intended but I don't think its working. Let me explain.

For people that socialize a lot and spend a lot of time in game it may be great. They meet tons of people. Its fun for them. For a lot of us that don't have the time to do this, this party system is very cumbersome. It's nearly impossible to run elite pugs now. I can't tell you how many maps I've run half way and had to quit because people left. Even the "easy" map takes 3-4 times as long if you aren't in a good party.

Lets looks at the pros and cons:

Pros:

Ok. Honestly, I can't really think of any pros right now. Maybe someone can help out with this.

Cons:

1. Severely limits the way we meet new players. In PL, we could join instances together and follow each other around. Later on, when I log on, if I see an instance with someone I know, I can join. I don't have to spend time trying to get a group together to run a map. "Hey man, want to run" "No sorry group is full". All the while there are 500 people just like me at the same skill level wanting to run these maps that are in the exact same position. Like I said, its harder for me because I'm not really a social butterfly in game (except certain people ). I love playing, I don't much love the social aspect. If I wanted that, I'd mostly sit in town and talk.

2. Requires you to have a full 4 team party if you want to run a map effectively since randoms cannot join.

Honestly, I think the difficulty of the elite maps is not THAT bad right now. The problem is you really need a good party to run it efficiently. My solution if you don't want to nerf the elites... get rid of this party system. Allow us to host games and maybe save spots. You don't even have to boot people. Just save spots for invites or something. I am sure that at any given time there are MANY very good players wanting to run these maps. But it is time consuming and difficult for us to meet each other without having a lobby that we can look at the see who all is running.

I know, this topic might not be very organized and is incomplete. I'm at work. So maybe through conversation (constructive I hope) we can make it better.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post: