Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question Regarding Mythic Mage Helm's Stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Question Regarding Mythic Mage Helm's Stats

I'm puzzled as to why the Mythic Mage Helmet gives int/dex instead of int/str
    I mean by now shouldn't you STS been aware that most sorcerors are dissatisfied about their class due to a number of reasons & in addition prefer to maximize their int/str gear...dexterity is the last thing sorcerers need at this point.

All the other mythic helm's have retained it's high value throughout these past few weeks (b/c they give the stats people want) but the sorceror helm just keeps dipping everyday. I can actually imagine some players preferring the regular elite int/str version over this.

If you guys are going to release the best gear then I would suggest you do some market research before pumping in random stats into it that make no sense whatsoever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Recently, it seems STS has been leaning more toward dex. Like with the villianous/heroic sets and things. Lots of dex.
    It's not very valuable for sorcerers to have.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I'm sure many sorcerors would fork out plat and try their luck at watch crates if the helm gave 180hp instead of 18 dex which translates into under 1% dodge & crit?
    I understand the villianous and heroic sets had pretty bad stats but then again those are very very easy to come by. These helms are supposed to be the best of the best or am I mistaken?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Pretty sure the mythics are supposed to be the most top-notch gear possible.
    But maybe not.
    Maybe STS thinks it's funny to make a new rarity then have crappy gear in that rarity and laugh at the players scrambling to get this new "elite of elite" gear.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

This is clearly not the case as the warrior and rogue counterparts do have stats to drool for

But if you look at the weapons alone, warriors got vorpals, captain axes, dark watch swords, pit swords, 1 hand swords etc etc while rogues have lifetheifs, heartseeerks, depraved, bows...
    What do mages get? All I see people using are flame staffs & watch guns & very rarely char staffs (which are hard to farm and have the same stats as flamestrikes)

Unless i'm missing something the mage class seems to be neglected in certain ways

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We are looking into possible resolutions around this problem, focusing mainly on the "uselessness" of Dex for sorcerer's as a whole, and not just the items that have it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We are looking into possible resolutions around this problem, focusing mainly on the "uselessness" of Dex for sorcerer's as a whole, and not just the items that have it.
    I just wish to say good luck with that
    If dex give more health, crit or dodge this will lead to op rogues. Or would this just be sorc specific change? That would certainly be interesting to see, but from current experience: Unless dodge/crit is increased 5 fold (by dex stat only), so that equipping mytchic helm for example would give 4-5% crit boost, I don't see it being useful at all. Mages lack armor badly, so they are really fragile. This means that in order to survive they need as much hp as they can squeeze out of their gear. Otherwise they are way too squishy... nonetheless, looking forward to this, should be interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

That makes no sense to me. Wouldn't be much easier and make much more sense to change the stats of an item instead of changing the dynamics of an entire class? It seems like ur looking for a complicated answer when a simple one already exists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

U guys know whats the problem? they are still looking at it...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Unlike the last couple of posts, I actually think this makes lots of sense. This is actually one of the reasons why sorcerers are the weakest class. If you look at the other 2 classes and compare to sorcerers, this one issue could be the main reason why sorcerers are weak. For example:

1) Warriors get everything they need from STR. I suppose they need a tiny bit of INT so they have some mana, but they can mostly concentrate on DEX as their secondary stat which leads to a decent amount of dodge/crit.

2) Rogues obviously have DEX as their main stat, but they need both INT and STR so that they have decent amounts of Mana & Health, so either DEX or INT as a secondary stat works well for them.

3) But for Sorcerers, the only combination that is really good is STR/INT. Our armor is so low that we need a decent amount of STR to have any sort of survivability. If our attacks skills had further range, then perhaps being so squishy wouldn't be so terrible and then a DEX/INT build could maybe make some sense. But especially in PvP, in order to attack we must get close enough to warriors & rogues so that they can also attack us. And because our armor is lower, we must at least have good amounts of health or else we will die. So that is why STR/INT is the only combination that works.

I suppose if sorcerers received some extra health points for DEX stat points (maybe 6 points in stead of 3?) maybe that would make a DEX/INT build a workable alternative. But for now STR/INT is the only way to go if you want to compete. And that of course makes about half of the sorcerer gear pretty useless. It also prevents the mythic helm from being the best helm, which is actually the Bloodhammer/Sealord "of security" helm -- both of these give about 100 more health points than the mythic helm.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Unlike the last couple of posts, I actually think this makes lots of sense. This is actually one of the reasons why sorcerers are the weakest class. If you look at the other 2 classes and compare to sorcerers, this one issue could be the main reason why sorcerers are weak. For example:

1) Warriors get everything they need from STR. I suppose they need a tiny bit of INT so they have some mana, but they can mostly concentrate on DEX as their secondary stat which leads to a decent amount of dodge/crit.

2) Rogues obviously have DEX as their main stat, but they need both INT and STR so that they have decent amounts of Mana & Health, so either DEX or INT as a secondary stat works well for them.

3) But for Sorcerers, the only combination that is really good is STR/INT. Our armor is so low that we need a decent amount of STR to have any sort of survivability. If our attacks skills had further range, then perhaps being so squishy wouldn't be so terrible and then a DEX/INT build could maybe make some sense. But especially in PvP, in order to attack we must get close enough to warriors & rogues so that they can also attack us. And because our armor is lower, we must at least have good amounts of health or else we will die. So that is why STR/INT is the only combination that works.

I suppose if sorcerers received some extra health points for DEX stat points (maybe 6 points in stead of 3?) maybe that would make a DEX/INT build a workable alternative. But for now STR/INT is the only way to go if you want to compete. And that of course makes about half of the sorcerer gear pretty useless. It also prevents the mythic helm from being the best helm, which is actually the Bloodhammer/Sealord "of security" helm -- both of these give about 100 more health points than the mythic helm.
    I don't have a warrior so I can't comment on them.
    My rogue is pure dex and I don't plan on being anything but pure dex. I pumped up my passive might to gain some hp and get mana by pets and equips.
    My Mage is only level 14 right now but she (or it, lol) is pure int and I've had no problems so far.

I know from messing around with my rogue that taking away just 25 points in dex makes a dramatic difference in my damage. I'm not saying that someone can't have fun with a mix build but I will say that all good rogues I know are pure dex (or at least 90% dex).

I guess I'm basically saying there's no reason for rogue or Mage either one to be anything but pure and it's my opinion it's a disadvantage for rogues to be anything but pure dex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I don't have a warrior so I can't comment on them.
    My rogue is pure dex and I don't plan on being anything but pure dex. I pumped up my passive might to gain some hp and get mana by pets and equips.
    My Mage is only level 14 right now but she (or it, lol) is pure int and I've had no problems so far.

I know from messing around with my rogue that taking away just 25 points in dex makes a dramatic difference in my damage. I'm not saying that someone can't have fun with a mix build but I will say that all good rogues I know are pure dex (or at least 90% dex).

I guess I'm basically saying there's no reason for rogue or Mage either one to be anything but pure and it's my opinion it's a disadvantage for rogues to be anything but pure dex.
    I think you are misunderstanding my post and this entire discussion. We are not talking about stat points allocation, but about the stats of the gear. Most gear has a secondary stat. For example, a L26 Sealord Effigy of Security has 16 STR, 31 INT, 235 Armor. The 16 STR is the secondary stat. We are discussing how DEX as a secondary stat in sorcerer gear is pretty useless for sorcerers, and the best gear always has STR as the secondary stat. Yet for some reason the mythic sorcerer helm has DEX as the secondary stat which makes it less useful than it should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding my post and this entire discussion. We are not talking about stat points allocation, but about the stats of the gear. Most gear has a secondary stat. For example, a L26 Sealord Effigy of Security has 16 STR, 31 INT, 235 Armor. The 16 STR is the secondary stat. We are discussing how DEX as a secondary stat in sorcerer gear is pretty useless for sorcerers, and the best gear always has STR as the secondary stat. Yet for some reason the mythic sorcerer helm has DEX as the secondary stat which makes it less useful than it should be.
    That I agree with 100%!
    What I disagree with is carapaces statement. To me it sounds like they are looking at changing what effect dex has to mages stats. I think it would be easier to change the mythic item to be int/str than change how mages attributes work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

well if only there is any viability of a crit mage, it would have made the mythic helm for mage good.

Imagine shield up, and aoe crit (with respectable damage). Own in pvp or pve..

But till now seems like crit mages are not viable given the low damage..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Perhaps what Carapace was suggesting is that maybe they will increase the amount of crit that mages get for each point of dex. If that was to happen and the increase was sizable enough, then perhaps having a crit mage would be viable. Let's see what they come up with to address this.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Either dex adds range or gives more crit to mages ( compared to rogues/warriors) then dex would be very viable..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I actually made a thread about this a couple of days before yours.

Samhayne replied in it, they are aware of the issue.

Here's the thread...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=88795

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!