Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 75 Point Distribution.

Beanipea

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
    Also, what did you mean by "Never retreat, never surrender"?
    That I'm too lazy to run away. Nah, I basically stay in the background when battling a boss that's tough on mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
    maxing out Heal is definitely a good idea. I'm not too sure about Life Drain. I used it a while ago when I was working my way through Frozen Nightmare, but I wasn't that impressed. I've since heard that it gets better if you put more points into it, but I'm not sure I want to give up one of my other skills to use it. What has your experience with Life Drain been like? It it worth using?
    I love drain life. It heals and at the same times take hp from your opponent. But you have to be careful with the timing. It has a little delay (one of the best things about it imo), so if you use it on an opponent with low health, chances are you will kill him before you're able to steal hp from him. On the other hand, if you already know you'll be taking damage, you can already cast it, take damage and heal almost instantly (and at the same time deal damage yourself). I use it a lot more than mana shield. Between the 3 seconds for heal respawn and drain life, you can recover an awful lot of hp. (Something you won't be able to do when all damage gets deducted from mana instead of hp.)

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

So... you're a Pure INT Mage?

It's alright if you die, you are a glass cannon; you are born squishy in the first place.

I too tried out a Pure Int Mage, and it was lot's of fun. You simply have to know your 'DPS & Aggro' limit, and retreat accordingly.

Here are the skills which I would add if ever I respeced to a Pure Int Mage again;

Frostbite - 9
    Ice Storm - 1

Now you might say "Hell no! Mage is supposed to deal damage to a WHOLE BUNCH of mobs, not to aim at one, your build sucks !1!!111" But seriously, let me explain. Ice Storm might not hit all enemies in it's range depending on your hit points or the mob's dodge, and it's range compared to your other AoE Skills are smaller in comparison. Frostbite on the other hand allows you to freeze the enemy on the spot instead of a debuff Ice Storm gives, allowing you to kite effectively without dying as often. Although, you should just add 1 level of Ice Storm to make others happy about you being a competent DPSer.

Lightning - 9
    Firestorm - 9

Those 2 skills are your bread and butter for gaining kills in PvE, never venture out into a dungeon without them.

Heal - 9
    Drain Life - 1/9

Those 2 skills are for your own survival, Drain Life has a fairly long cooldown of 12 seconds, while Heal is spammable and could be utilized for anything including escaping.

Blessings of Vitality & Might - 9
    Rely on those 2 skills before you engage the enemies. Bonus points when you use those buffs near your party.

Mana Shield - 1/9
    Depending on how offensive or supportive you play as a Mage, this skill is nonetheless vital.
    For players that are adamant that they will not die(eg myself), add 1 point in Mana shield for escaping purposes only.
    For players that are new or just too afraid to die, add 9 point in Mana shield for tanking & escaping purposes only.

You should see why Mana Shield is never played offensively, Mana Shield to a Nuker Mage is the lifeline of a Mage.

Weakness - 1/5/9
    Nightmare - 1/5/9

Depending on how you would like your kills served, the following might be useful to you;

What's da point of Weeknuss when u can DEAL MOAR DPS by Maxing Nightmare? U could allow ur partay to deal MOAR Damage to end da run quick n easy! RED>BLU WEEKBOYZ! Weakness - 1, Nightmare - 9.

Technically, a good balance between the two debuffs wouldn't hurt that much, you'll get the best of both worlds and your allies won't be angry about your debuffs anyways. Weakness - 5, Nightmare - 5.

I know you would like to survive, but you should also think about your allies my son, max out Weakness and they'll have a hard time dealing with your allies. Don't listen to the Red Guy, he's just trying to blow up your life. Weakness - 9, Nightmare - 1.

So those 3 are basically what you could do to maximize your last 10 points in combat.

Now for some TIPS!

When possible, if you know you are dealing too much DPS compared to your teammates, try not to use your AoE skills, you will only draw more aggro to yourself, which ends in a higher chance of you dead on the hot/cold hard ground.

As soon as you see yourself taking even a single hit, don't hesitate to activate Mana shield and fleeing backwards from the fight. That way, you would live on to fight another day.

NEVER activate Mana Shield before the battle in like 1-2 seconds.

Heal and Spam Heal. Unless you find yourself in a boss battle which you require to time your Heals in order for you yourself to survive, ALWAYS SPAM HEAL!

Use Drain Life as a Lifesaver, NOT AS A NUKE. Countless folks I have seen in runs have died because they didn't managed to time their Drain Life well enough to survive.

Press revive the instant you hear a DEATH SCREAM. The faster you revive a party member or two, the faster the map will be cleared, and not result in a wipe.

Debuff your enemies in a group, NOT SPAM THE DEBUFFS!

If you are the only person in a game that can heal or revive, PLAY DEFENSIVELY and try not to DIE!

Thanks for reading.
    =)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wendellism For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is similar to my build right now except I have it specced so its better for.pvp , next I think I need gear I was thinking of a tiki goodess sand set should I get or save for 71sharp

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Guys can you put 9 on skills?I currently got most of them at 7 :/