Thread: Have the Devs Abandoned DL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Have the Devs Abandoned DL?

I came back to DL from AL, because I can not invest enough time in AL to make it worth playing. DL has it right, however, it saddens me that no meaningful new content has been added for a very long time. Is there anything in the works?
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Growwle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

I haven't played much either but all I know is that there's a double xp event going on that's supposed to end sometime today
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee:1002260
    I haven't played much either but all I know is that there's a double xp event going on that's supposed to end sometime today
    Double xp is nice, but it is not content. People will just get to max level sooner.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

I think STS hasnt abadoned DL (...yet) , but indeed AL has priority at the moment :
    Quoted from another Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

All Spacetime Games are a labor of love for us. Just to keep expectations in line, it's worth mentioning that Spacetime Studios is a small, independent developer (we're around 35 fun loving gamers working hard for your business). The other thing to keep in mind is that Arcane Legends is our biggest hit yet. It launched in November and we're already narrowing in on 5 Million downloads in 5 months! It took Pocket Legends almost 2 years to pull in that number! Hopefully that helps you understand why we're putting more of our efforts into Arcane Legends to keep it growing! We're doing what we can for all games, as Pocket Legends, Dark Legends and Star Legends continue to see thousands of new players every day. Not to the same order of magnitude that Arcane has, but still significant.

I know that some might say we should have just stuck with Pocket Legends and only improved it, rather than exploring and making Star Legends, Dark Legends and Arcane Legends. Who knows, maybe that would have paid off. However, maybe doing that could have led to Spacetime Studios having to close up shop because we couldn't make it work? That's all hindsight. What is clear is that if we can manage to continue making new content and making hit games that gamers like the play, we'll be around for a long while to come.

We know we would be nowhere without our fans. It's you guys who really bring the Legends games to life. We're working hard to earn your business and we really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our games!

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well it is comforting to know that that the devs are still there and have not merely filed us away in favor of their new baby. I respect that they are getting arcane legends on its feet and i appreciate the effort that they have put into dark legends lately. But however in my honest opinion,which may or may not matter, it seems the numbers are being called in reverse. i think that the oldest customers should be served first. Dark legends is by far one of the best games i have ever played and not trying to sound redundant i like the "darkness" and feel of the game the others are too light and happy. I've been hooked since i first started and one of the few games i would ever spend money on and ive put more time into it than i would care to think about. I hope STS never has to shut down because id have nothing to do then. If having to wait for and update would help ensure that STS can keep working and i can keep playing Dark Legends then i can handle that and I'm sure everyone else can too.
    Last edited by Scissorhands; 03-14-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Scissorhands [5] PvP Master Guild Master of Scissorhands
    "To Find Your Way You Must First Lose Yourself"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scissorhands For This Useful Post: