Thread: Nerf Elite Grog Beach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Nerf Elite Grog Beach

I'm sure others have noticed this, but if you look in the CS today at the "Bloodhammer" helms and armors, you will notice around 5 armors for sale, and 62 helms for sale. Why so many more helms than armors? Helms drop from Elite South Seas, while armor drop from Elite Grog Beach.

Problem is nobody is farming Elite Grog Beach. I check the CS quite often as I'm a merch, and I've only ever seen one single Bloodhammer sorcerer armor for sale, and it was the less appealing "of Grace" type. Now what is happening is the helms are falling in price because nobody wants to buy a helm that has no matching armor available.

To fix this STS has to either lower the drop rate on the Bloodhammer helms, or raise the drop rate on the Bloodhammer armors, or else decrease the difficulty of Grog Beach so more people farm there. Otherwise this wonderful looking top gear is just wasted.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-10-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Helms drop from Elite South Seas, while helms drop from Elite Grog Beach.
    You mean Armor ?

What about Elite Skull cove ?
    there's 2 Kraken Skewer(Mage, drop in Elite Skull cove) in CS,
    10 Slicing Flintlocks (Rogue, drop in Elite Windmoore harbor) in CS,
    and 17 Abyssal Flamberge (Warrior, drop in Elite Mariner reef) in CS....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    You mean Armor ?

What about Elite Skull cove ?
    there's 2 Kraken Skewer(Mage, drop in Elite Skull cove) in CS,
    10 Slicing Flintlocks (Rogue, drop in Elite Windmoore harbor) in CS,
    and 17 Abyssal Flamberge (Warrior, drop in Elite Mariner reef) in CS....
    Sorry, I corrected my post.

Regarding the weapons I don't really care about drop rates on those since they are stand alone items. If they are rare then prices will be higher, if they are more plentiful then prices will be lower. But for the armors/helms they make sets, so ideally they should both have similar drop rates, or else there are a bunch of useless items leftover. That was my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I get what you mean about matching sets. But elite mobs were already nerfed ( seems unlikely that they will do it again) , also it took 7-8min before patch , now less time since mobs are easier. On another note ; I have not seen any bloodhammer helms for rogues dex version, there are mages & warr helms with the identical best stats of sealord, but none for rogue ( could be bugged or really rare) not to mention best armor. With all the ppl farming seas I would expect to see a dex version helm , just could be me tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I'm sure others have noticed this, but if you look in the CS today at the "Bloodhammer" helms and armors, you will notice around 5 armors for sale, and 62 helms for sale. Why so many more helms than armors? Helms drop from Elite South Seas, while armor drop from Elite Grog Beach.

Problem is nobody is farming Elite Grog Beach. I check the CS quite often as I'm a merch, and I've only ever seen one single Bloodhammer sorcerer armor for sale, and it was the less appealing "of Grace" type. Now what is happening is the helms are falling in price because nobody wants to buy a helm that has no matching armor available.

To fix this STS has to either lower the drop rate on the Bloodhammer helms, or raise the drop rate on the Bloodhammer armors, or else decrease the difficulty of Grog Beach so more people farm there. Otherwise this wonderful looking top gear is just wasted.

I respectfully disagree.

Why does one *need* matching sets of helm-armor? I just hide my helm if I can not afford a match

There are less bloodhammer armors on CS but there are quite a few on the forums (I sold one via forum).
    Last edited by Wowsome; 03-11-2013 at 01:58 AM.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Let them continue to be rare lol...XD
    If they're rare, their prices would be high. The high prices would in turn draw ppl to farm the gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

^ yes, this too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

Why does one *need* matching sets of helm-armor? I just hide my helm if I can not afford a match

There are less bloodhammer armors on CS but there are quite a few on the forums (I sold one via forum).
    The whole point of the bloodhammer armor and helm is that it looks better than sealord with the newer pirate look, but has the same stats as sealord. No point in spending more if you are going to hide it.

And as for your suggestion that bloodhammer armors sold in forums, I ask you to please show the link where a bloodhammer sorcerer armor (not helm) was sold or even offered for sale in the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The whole point of the bloodhammer armor and helm is that it looks better than sealord with the newer pirate look, but has the same stats as sealord. No point in spending more if you are going to hide it.
    My point is that players not getting matching sets that look good --> that does not look like reason enough to nerf a map.

And as for your suggestion that bloodhammer armors sold in forums, I ask you to please show the link where a bloodhammer sorcerer armor (not helm) was sold or even offered for sale in the forum.
    You are right, I was talking about bloodhammer warrior armors .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My point is that players not getting matching sets that look good --> that does not look like reason enough to nerf a map.
    So then don't nerf the map, just increase the drop rate of the bloodhammer armors in the drop table. Don't even increase the drop rates on all good items, just the armors.

It's a bit frustrating that I cannot manage to get this armor no matter what. I have an easier time buying the mythic helm or a hammerjaw egg than buying bloodhammer sorcerer armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

So then don't nerf the map, just increase the drop rate of the bloodhammer armors in the drop table. Don't even increase the drop rates on all good items, just the armors.

It's a bit frustrating that I cannot manage to get this armor no matter what. I have an easier time buying the mythic helm or a hammerjaw egg than buying bloodhammer sorcerer armor.
    Just FYI - I know it is Lv25 but still ... grab it if u like .. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lvl25-set-sorc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just FYI - I know it is Lv25 but still ... grab it if u like .. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lvl25-set-sorc
    Not really into the "of grace" set as it leaves me with 500 fewer health points and about 70 less armor. I want the lvl26 "of will" armor.