Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP Boosting, we need change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Exclamation PvP Boosting, we need change

So this is a problem that has been building, more people are getting into it then ever.
    When I say "boosting" I mean paying people or making alts to boost off of. (Boost meaning, killing the character many many times in a row to get alot of kills and a good KDR)

So recently Kanital got bumped to number 2 spot on the leader boards by a mage no one has ever seen, and this happens in one week whereas it has taken Kanital 1-2 years to get his amount of kills? hmm.

Many of the Ranger and Paladin boards are rigged this way with people who boost also.

Now I am not saying that boosting is against STS rules because it isn't, I am just proposing some changes.

Changes:

You can only kill a single character 50 times in a row. To reset the counter you must distribute a certain amount of kills to other players before killing the player again.

Decrease the level of joining a pvp game to 2 levels. This is the way it is in AL and it is much more fair and balanced. With this is effect a 56 game would only be joinable by 58's or 54's etc.

this would also make it ALOT harder for people who use bots to do this kind of thing.

Please please please consider these STS, we need change, the leaderboards are a joke now! bring them back!

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    Changes:

You can only kill a single character 50 times in a row. To reset the counter you must distribute a certain amount of kills to other players before killing the player again.
    What if they have 3 devices, and 3 accounts? The kills farmer just has to kill each of the 2 others accounts alternatively and it wouldn't stop boosting :/

Decrease the level of joining a pvp game to 2 levels. This is the way it is in AL and it is much more fair and balanced. With this is effect a 56 game would only be joinable by 58's or 54's etc.
    This wouldn't change anything at all.. ;/.. They just have to make 2 lvl10 and farm with forgotten bows..
    In addition, many levels would become empty :/..

However, this idea would be interesting between lvl61 and 66 since that, when you get 66, you get 9 skill points, but wouldn't change many things about boosting...

_______

2 things devs can do about boosting is :

- Ban the booster to avoid others to copy them.
    - Put back to 0 pvp/ctf kills/deaths from a guy who boosted.

_______

Look at the fox top1 ctf kills -That I won't name...-, he surely used a bot to be farming kills for nearly 18 hours NON STOP into the same Locked ctf match. It must be the same about the mage who hit 110k kills in pvp. Even if MANY of us have reported it, it wasn't looked into..

Devs, why don't you erase their -in a way- cheated kills?

________

Cya everyone ._.
    Last edited by Chickenrunnn; 03-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    What if they have 3 devices, and 3 accounts? The kills farmer just has to kill each of the 2 others accounts alternatively and it wouldn't stop boosting :/

This wouldn't change anything at all.. ;/.. They just have to make 2 lvl10 and farm with forgotten bows..
    In addition, many levels would become empty :/..

However, this idea would be interesting between lvl61 and 66 since that, when you get 66, you get 9 skill points, but wouldn't change many things about boosting...

_______

2 things devs can do about boosting is :

- Ban the booster to avoid others to copy them.
    - Put back to 0 pvp/ctf kills/deaths from a guy who boosted.

_______

Look at the fox top1 ctf kills -That I won't name...-, he surely used a bot to be farming kills for nearly 18 hours NON STOP into the same Locked ctf match. It must be the same about the mage who hit 110k kills in pvp. Even if MANY of us have reported it, it wasn't looked into..

Devs, why don't you erase their -in a way- cheated kills?

________

Cya everyone ._.

Its a good Idea, but what if they do that and the computer code they use to track these guys picks up real users with good kdr's?

what would be the "line" you would cross for boosting, maybe being reported for it? and then they find it out?.

Maybe our solution is just having the devs make this against the rules and look into the boosting problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan:1002828
    So this is a problem that has been building, more people are getting into it then ever.
    When I say "boosting" I mean paying people or making alts to boost off of. (Boost meaning, killing the character many many times in a row to get alot of kills and a good KDR)

So recently Kanital got bumped to number 2 spot on the leader boards by a mage no one has ever seen, and this happens in one week whereas it has taken Kanital 1-2 years to get his amount of kills? hmm.

Many of the Ranger and Paladin boards are rigged this way with people who boost also.

Now I am not saying that boosting is against STS rules because it isn't, I am just proposing some changes.

Changes:

this would also make it ALOT harder for people who use bots to do this kind of thing.

Please please please consider these STS, we need change, the leaderboards are a joke now! bring them back!
    I enjoy fighting 56's on my 51 and 60-61's on my 56...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Boosting is a big problem, buy it won't be solved with these suggestions, Griffin.

But if devs did as chickenrunnnnnnnnnnnnnn said... now that would work.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

STS has the knowledge/power/ability to look into this. Variables such as log-in/out times, when kills were earned, etc. can be determined through a variety of logs. The only issue: IF they choose to look into this or not.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The guy who boosted his kdr is from a whole guild with boosted kdr.
    Ive also been told they use ghostmouse and they arent any good in real pvp.

Epic Zombie Apocalypse MINI movie [part 1]: http://youtu.be/TvS_9Ka2R04

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think you guys are just overreacting... Yeah, we can tell that they boost by their kdr, but you can't do anything about. Anyways it's just boosting. Besides, every single comment I see about people complaining don't really have a point. When we see a booster's kdr, we can tell that they actually didn't get that. The only negative thing I see about boosters is that they get on leader boards by being unfair. You can't be on the forums complaining, if you really don't like boosters why not join all their games and ruin their kdr..

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Sure pvp feed! ANTI-BOOSTERS,UNITE!!!! Let's all go farm some boosters!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpfeed View Post
    You can't be on the forums complaining, if you really don't like boosters why not join all their games and ruin their kdr..
    One small obstacle: Passwords.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    One small obstacle: Passwords.
    yeah I was going to say that, but still you can try spending hours trying to reveal the password

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

The things I said were suggestions, I am open to suggestions from anyone, if we push the issue maybe, just maybe they will do something.

Big Maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

What about the inactive PvP levels? I think having 10 different levels able to join a game is great. If you dont like it, host a game 5 levels under the toon you wish to PvP with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Here is the solution
    Eliminate kill counts
    Your legendariness gets spread with your name when people fight you and say "OMG he is pro bear"
    Of course, that never happens now because with the current gameplay Pro = Luck, so no one really cares
    What does having more kills even prove?

I mean I know people have literally worked years for their sums of kills
    Perhaps every season get the top 10 pvp LB players and have a tourney to root out boosters and last two get an exclusive vanity or somethings?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    I enjoy fighting 56's on my 51 and 60-61's on my 56...
    So you enjoy dying? You can hardly handle pvping people your own level.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    So you enjoy dying? You can hardly handle pvping people your own level.
    I don't get what hes saying, I hate pvping 56's on my 51, its impossible to fight a dex bird with a 51 mage. same with 56/61 except you have alittle bit more of a chance, not much more tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Here is the solution
    Eliminate kill counts.
    ^This up here is the solution to the huge egos about KDR, QQ about boosting, the concept of "free kills," the "Go!" system, and crying about KDR. This will also eliminate envy of others' KDRs and rushing them, thus boosting self esteem and desire to work harder to become better, and not caring about how many deaths along the way. World of Warcraft only has a scoreboard for each battleground or arena (Killing Blows, Deaths, Amount of DMG done, and Amount of Healing Done). Arena ladders and rating are the closest thing to KDR, but are still not the same thing.

I understand that it is hard to compare a mobile game to a desktop game, as a desktop game has lots more data. I noticed that when I play PvP in PL, I tend to get aggravated and frustrated after getting teamed, rushed, or trash talked. Most of my fights usually start with me "rushing" someone, and then not giving a free. Without kill counts, people won't complain about this, for it won't matter anymore. When I play PvP in WoW, I don't care that much about dying. Of course it doesn't feel good being dominated, but I don't get as aggravated due to the strategy implied to PvP and team based play. There is no communication between the two opposing teams, therefore you HAVE to win the game, otherwise it'd be boring. Overall, PL PvP needs a rebalance as well as eliminating kill count.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I agree with the removal of not just these LB's but ALL LB's. I have never cared, nor tried, to be on the boards, but it would eliminate the need for rage and perfection while still providing competitive environments.

*zips up flame suit*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I agree with the removal of not just these LB's but ALL LB's. I have never cared, nor tried, to be on the boards, but it would eliminate the need for rage and perfection while still providing competitive environments.

*zips up flame suit*
    Its a good suggestion, If they aren't gonna fix them then I would rather have them removed.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    I don't get what hes saying, I hate pvping 56's on my 51, its impossible to fight a dex bird with a 51 mage. same with 56/61 except you have alittle bit more of a chance, not much more tho
    51 Mage will beat a 56 dex bird extremely easy. >_>