Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Ok so walking up to some guy chatting with his friend, rage beckon stomp
    I'm so sorry for misjudging your immense skill

I start FFA when I join.

if you don't like it leave.

I don't rush then leave (sometimes to annoy people who think they are pro) but I stay and have fun with a FFA (Mind you the way PVP was designed)

I wouldn't talk about what you don't know about.

PM what level you pvp at and your IGN, ill be happy to do some games with you to show my lack of skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    I start FFA when I join.

if you don't like it leave.

I don't rush then leave (sometimes to annoy people who think they are pro) but I stay and have fun with a FFA (Mind you the way PVP was designed)

I wouldn't talk about what you don't know about.

PM what level you pvp at and your IGN, ill be happy to do some games with you to show my lack of skill.
    Hate to break it to you but rushing is different than FFA, that's why people don't go into a ctf match and say "Ok rushing only"
    FFA is fair; rushing is not
    FFA is agreed upon; rushing is not
    FFA is how pvp was designed; rushing is not
    FFA requires skill; rushing does not

You join a game and impose your own desires on every other person in the match is essentially what you are saying?
    If the people who were there first don't want what you want, THEY have to leave?

Apparently, you have trouble differentiating words and considering the opinions of others.
    If you want a true free for all as "PVP was designed", why can't you host games, wait for even teams, and have a good match?

Again, I never said you lacked skill, I simply stated the irony of you previous statements versus your signature.

If you want to know I occasionally pvp at 45/50/51.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Hate to break it to you but rushing is different than FFA, that's why people don't go into a ctf match and say "Ok rushing only"
    FFA is fair; rushing is not
    FFA is agreed upon; rushing is not
    FFA is how pvp was designed; rushing is not

You join a game and impose your own desires on every other person in the match is essentially what you are saying?
    If the people who were there first don't want what you want, THEY have to leave?

Apparently, you have trouble differentiating words and considering the opinions of others.
    If you want a true free for all as "PVP was designed", why can't you host games, wait for even teams, and have a good match?

Again, I never said you lacked skill, I simply stated the irony of you previous statements versus your signature.

If you want to know I occasionally pvp at 45/50/51.
    Impose my desires huh?

There is a neat feature called locked games. When someone hosts a game without locking they are taking the chance someone may come and rush in the game.

Secondly, rushing is a art, it is definately the way PVP was designed other wise it would be like some other games where you must request a duel with the person. The "Go" system was developed by those who want to polish their shiny KDR's because they can't handle being unprepared for a fight.

If you don't think rushing improves skill then fight me sometime and we will see since I rush full time.

Also, FFA apparantly has a different definition to you. FFA means Free for all. It does not mean everyone agree on a time to start then we can start hitting each other as long as no one gets mad because its unfair. Free For All.

Though they would never admit it, those I rush are better because I rush them, they quickly learn tactics that they will use whether they are rushers or use the go system.

I fail to see what you are getting at with this. Are we talking about my skill, or what FFA and PVP are? or are you just buttering up to Mystical again? Please clarify.
    Last edited by Griffinfan; 03-14-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gragorak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I swear PvP needs a TOTAL revamp. All this crying and crap is just killing me. I was banned for a week by just getting muted once and went to WoW in that week (I'll be back on Sunday), and there's almost none of this boosting, crying, rushing, FFA'ing, and all this QQ. Take out chat (Other than with your own team) and imply some damn strategy and teamwork to PvP other than CTF. It shouldn't be a 1v1 based game. Team coordination will ALWAYS take so much more skill than 1v1. Take out KDRs but for leaderboards have most game wins. AL PvP has less of these issues. Add something like where 3 people have to be on a team for the game to start. This takes out the concept of "teaming" and crying about it. PvP is another bridge. Getting teamed is another bridge. Get over it, practice, and get better.

EDIT: Also, please revamp your damn stat - gear - health relationship. Rushing wouldn't be a problem if health pools were over 2000 where you wouldn't die in 1 GCD and an auto because you have some time to react. Dodge is out of control as well. If you're going to have that much of defensive stats, I understand you made everyone have insane burst, but increase health pools or just lower the stats of gear in general. I don't want to have to use the D-word so much but it really makes me mad seeing all this QQ.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 03-14-2013 at 10:40 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OverkillED For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    I swear PvP needs a TOTAL revamp. All this crying and crap is just killing me. I was banned for a week by just getting muted once and went to WoW in that week (I'll be back on Sunday), and there's almost none of this boosting, crying, rushing, FFA'ing, and all this QQ. Take out chat (Other than with your own team) and imply some damn strategy and teamwork to PvP other than CTF. It shouldn't be a 1v1 based game. Team coordination will ALWAYS take so much more skill than 1v1. Take out KDRs but for leaderboards have most game wins. AL PvP has less of these issues. Add something like where 3 people have to be on a team for the game to start. This takes out the concept of "teaming" and crying about it. PvP is another bridge. Getting teamed is another bridge. Get over it.
    Number of times I have said go in Halo: Zero. Number of times K have been killed at spawn: 1001039847493874739. Only thing I have to worry about is "5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... beeep."
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Number of times I have said go in Halo: Zero. Number of times K have been killed at spawn: 1001039847493874739. Only thing I have to worry about is "5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... beeep."
    You can get one shotted in Halo, but nobody really cares because you can just say "Aww man" (or rage irl), and respawn and try getting the person who killed you. What's funny is that in Halo and WoW PvP, you generally want to get up after you die or get teamed, determined to kill the enemy or try winning the game. Of course nobody likes being utterly dominated, and that's in all games. In PL, it's more like Every Man for Himself; your KDR matters more than the team effort and winning the game.

In WoW and (I think) Halo, you get credits and honor points for winning games and for getting kills, but it all adds up at the end of the game, so you're determined to contribute for the team and win the game. I haven't played Halo in a looong time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but people will be defending PvE, saying "Oh if StS balances PvP, then PvE won't be balanced." That's true, but then StS SHOULD NERF THE MOBS! The mobs are out of control, demanding insane damage plus having to use elixirs. That's total BS (Bull feces). IT IS possible PvP and PvE to be balanced.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    You can get one shotted in Halo, but nobody really cares because you can just say "Aww man" (or rage irl), and respawn and try getting the person who killed you. What's funny is that in Halo and WoW PvP, you generally want to get up after you die or get teamed, determined to kill the enemy or try winning the game. Of course nobody likes being utterly dominated, and that's in all games. In PL, it's more like Every Man for Himself; your KDR matters more than the team effort and winning the game.

In WoW and (I think) Halo, you get credits and honor points for winning games and for getting kills, but it all adds up at the end of the game, so you're determined to contribute for the team and win the game. I haven't played Halo in a looong time.
    You are correct and I have said more than once that my favorite mode in Halo is SWAT: One shot, one kill. No luck, no dodge. Just who is the sneakiest/fastest/able to adapt the fastest. They also just added a new pack where the smaller maps use a variety of weapons and it is all based on your on screen drop. Everyone has a different weapon and it's awesome! I don't get mad because someone received a rocket launcher and I got a speed boost.

The medals and ranking system also make the game fun. It does keep track of kdr but I could care less, much like in PL.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Get of Galo and play Black ops 2!! That game, surely takes skill .. But still I dont understand why you guys re comparing a RPG MMO game to a console multipayer game :/ of course console games are always going to win especially black ops 2
    Last edited by Jig; 03-15-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

So this is a problem that has been building, more people are getting into it then ever.
    When I say "boosting" I mean paying people or making alts to boost off of. (Boost meaning, killing the character many many times in a row to get alot of kills and a good KDR)

So recently Kanital got bumped to number 2 spot on the leader boards by a mage no one has ever seen, and this happens in one week whereas it has taken Kanital 1-2 years to get his amount of kills? hmm.

Many of the Ranger and Paladin boards are rigged this way with people who boost also.

Now I am not saying that boosting is against STS rules because it isn't, I am just proposing some changes.

Changes:

You can only kill a single character 50 times in a row. To reset the counter you must distribute a certain amount of kills to other players before killing the player again.

Decrease the level of joining a pvp game to 2 levels. This is the way it is in AL and it is much more fair and balanced. With this is effect a 56 game would only be joinable by 58's or 54's etc.

this would also make it ALOT harder for people who use bots to do this kind of thing.

Please please please consider these STS, we need change, the leaderboards are a joke now! bring them back!
    I agree with boosters, if at least half of your kills are from the same guy after you reach 1k kills, banned 7 days if it continues but you've tried sonething different, like you get the majority of 10k kills from 5 different toons another 7 day ban, if this continues permanet ban.
    I disagree with lvl ranges, lower lvl pvpers shud be given a boost of stats when fighting pvpers 5-10+ higher lvls then them ex: 10% more dmg,dodge,crit and armour to give at least a chance fighting people with much better gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

dont decrease the level range and why do u care lb that much just have fun

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Nice necro.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact:1406154
    So this is a problem that has been building, more people are getting into it then ever.
    When I say "boosting" I mean paying people or making alts to boost off of. (Boost meaning, killing the character many many times in a row to get alot of kills and a good KDR)

So recently Kanital got bumped to number 2 spot on the leader boards by a mage no one has ever seen, and this happens in one week whereas it has taken Kanital 1-2 years to get his amount of kills? hmm.

Many of the Ranger and Paladin boards are rigged this way with people who boost also.

Now I am not saying that boosting is against STS rules because it isn't, I am just proposing some changes.

Changes:

You can only kill a single character 50 times in a row. To reset the counter you must distribute a certain amount of kills to other players before killing the player again.

Decrease the level of joining a pvp game to 2 levels. This is the way it is in AL and it is much more fair and balanced. With this is effect a 56 game would only be joinable by 58's or 54's etc.

this would also make it ALOT harder for people who use bots to do this kind of thing.

Please please please consider these STS, we need change, the leaderboards are a joke now! bring them back!
    I agree with boosters, if at least half of your kills are from the same guy after you reach 1k kills, banned 7 days if it continues but you've tried sonething different, like you get the majority of 10k kills from 5 different toons another 7 day ban, if this continues permanet ban.
    I disagree with lvl ranges, lower lvl pvpers shud be given a boost of stats when fighting pvpers 5-10+ higher lvls then them ex: 10% more dmg,dodge,crit and armour to give at least a chance fighting people with much better gear
    I strongly disagree with the stat boost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Nice necro.
    Its worth necroing this thread.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    sort of
    Veni Vidi Vici

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme:1407974
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Nice necro.
    Noob, I meant NECROREAPER, I'm waiting for him to show up in this thread :X

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with boosters, if at least half of your kills are from the same guy after you reach 1k kills, banned 7 days if it continues but you've tried sonething different, like you get the majority of 10k kills from 5 different toons another 7 day ban, if this continues permanet ban.[/QUOTE]

Here's the problem with that...I'll use kanital as an example. He has 100k plus kills. Atleast 2-3k of those kills are from the same player...see the problem?

Possible solution, clock reset at end of day...

Another problem with that..well 2 problems...
    1) Some players play several match of ctf in a short amount of time, with the same players..
    That or the player may continuously ffa/ctf with the same player/players throughout the whole day..how would you know when too stop? At 499? Unless you record your kills at the start...seems tedious and annoying

2) 499 kills a day
    1k/2days
    15k kills/30 days/month

2 diffrent toons 1k a day, 30k kills a month
    3 toons...4, 5 etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

At least pakayolo died.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    At least pakayolo died.
    What happened to him lol? He finally got a death and now pvps in public games o_O
    Veni Vidi Vici