Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PL End Game problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default PL End Game problems

Greetings SpaceTime Studios Developers,

This is a plea from your loyal customers at end game: Player vs. Player is getting out of hand. The high dodge/high damage combination of the new sets is causing luck to become the prevalent factor in determining matches.

The Main Problems with Pocket Legends Player vs. Player:

• Damage coefficient is nearing the range of a birds health and has already surpassed the standard pure intelligence mage’s health points.

• Armor has not gone up in the same ratio as damage. This means that damage is slowly increasing over armor.

This cap is a big indication of that. In earlier caps, the armor to damage ratio was pretty even and debuffs would take care of the excess damage. This is non-existent this cap, thus leading to many lucky one hit kills.

• Debuffs cannot debuff. Why? The high dodge factor. If a debuff does happen to land, it often determines the fate of the match, as the debuff is rather large and the damage is already way out of proportion. This calls for insane 1-2 hit kills.

• Dodge is becoming too prevalent of a factor towards determining matches. As a general rule in MMOs, the luck based stats should not be the reason why a person wins or not.

Example: Take a look at my L35 bear Voodoovillain before the release of forgotten bows. It did not rely on the dodge skills, but instead relied on the debuffs of the copperhead set, skill debuffs, and iron blood. The logical skill build would be the reason of winning or losing, not something that was left up to sheer luck.

• Hit Percent debuffs are becoming too powerful. A bird’s blind shot can reduce a bear’s hit percent by 60+ and then the weapon of the bird (elite phoenix bow) also reduces hit occasionally. Hit percent for classes is not going up high enough in the same proportion to counteract dodge.

I believe there was a developer quote somewhere that higher hit percent counteracts dodge, even if dodge is in the 100s. I do not remember the ratio, but the current ratio is clearly not working.

My opinions on the solutions to this Critical Problem:

• Once again, the developers can do an game-wide nerf, rebalancing PvE and PvP to account for the increasing stats as they did during the L50 cap. This worked out rather well and stalled the problem until it became apparent again this cap.

• Certain skills should be set to land more often, thus decreasing the dodge factor.

• Greatly increasing the hit percent to break through the dodge factor. This one seems more manageable as it does not involve reworking the entire game.

• Decreasing L9 skills. Coupled with high armor and dodge, it makes matches way more luck based than they should be.

Pocket Legends is your founding game, the reason why Arcane Legends is able to be here today. Please, show your old players some love and show us that you still care about Pocket Legends as well as the other Legends titles.

I believe a developer mentioned that they have a staff of 30+. I remember when Pocket Legends first started out, they had a staff of 10 plus. Now, there are 4 legends titles, so can’t the staff be split evenly so all of the games can receive constant updates instead of 3 being ignored and one getting all the attention? I’m sure this would increase revenue as well since people would be satisfied in purchasing platinum in every game.

Sincerely,

Apollo
    Last edited by Justg; 03-14-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Amen!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Seems your request is out of supports hands.

Hope they help fix stuff i dont pvp so ill be leaving this thread , gl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

All levels pvp are ruined.
    2-9: no laddering ruined it, very unbalanced between classes
    10+: all depends on equipment and luck, forgotten bows ruined it
    High levels: unbalanced, all depends on luck

The only good level for PVP left is level 1.

@Level 1 twinks ftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Level 6's can join^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    Level 6's can join^
    Join my guild. We have locked games.

We sometimes don't lock games intentionally, so higher lvls can join. Then we gang them and when they die, wie can call him a noob and puke on him. It's pretty fun to watch him raging at us afterwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Well said Apollo

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

This Is one of the reasons I switched over to AL.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    This Is one of the reasons I switched over to AL.
    I tried Al,Sl,DL, and I just can't get into them. My love is in PL and I hope they do something about it, soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twink View Post
    Then we gang them and when they die, wie can call him a noob and puke on him. It's pretty fun to watch him raging at us afterwards.
    sounds like a clear cut case of harassment

Anyways...
    Seriously developers, this game has been dropping from balanced for past 2 caps
    I remember fang everyone complaining about lilith mages' ridiculous armour and 100 critical chance, you didn't fix that and just made everything 1000x worse by completely ignoring the problem. Humania's gear was ridiculous still with tons of dodge for all specs of gear, but you didn't completely ruin it till making rank 9 skills.
    And you increased damage and critical now almost every one, excluding rhinos and paladins(still no idea why you added these), get 100 critical chance at level 65. That means all damage is double, which I'm am honestly not sure if you are aware of, making the damage buffs even stronger. But the armour buffs are still increasing only linearly, but you boost dodge to a ridiculous amount.
    Rank 9 skills have too much damage for the low armour we have. Your primary defense should not be dodge, boost health and armour

For example let's compare the balanced cap of 55 gear
    -a 55 bird with the crafted customized recurve set
    Damage: 225-270
    Armour: 85
    Buffed critical: 81

-a 76 bird max gear bow set
    Damage: 450-491
    Armour: 210
    Buffed Critical: 105

Damage increased over 200 points while armour was only increased 125 points, not to mention the custom bird even had a low chance of not hitting a critical shot

Also on skills, I know I have said this several times before, but since nothing has been changed, I will repeat myself. The debuffs, primarily relating to hit chance, are too extreme. They need to be evened out such as having a small hit debuff and a critical debuff as well, maybe even for some skills like blind shot, add a small chance of stunning the enemy.

I know Technoemail had tried to a point but didn't realize the game was already messed up before she came, anyways no idea where she went, but I really haven't seen any signs of legitimate concern for these numerous problems. By legitimate, I mean more than 'Nice thoughts' or 'Thanks for input'.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Yo, we got 99 problems but the devs care none.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    lmao I would quote the rest of the song but I might get banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

The Game Lags is getting worst too and during PVP the ping going up and down non stop, this is getting boring and im getting to the point of losing my interest.
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-03-13-19-38-56-1.png
Views: 532
Size:  972.1 KB
    Last edited by bglir; 03-14-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Git – Ssneakykills

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

When is the expansion lol ? There's one for arcane every month and we haven't got a update for a 5 months
    Last edited by lakersrockftw; 03-14-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

[QUOTE=Apollo;1006802]m]Pocket Legends is your founding game, the reason why Arcane Legends is able to be here today. Please, show your old players some love and show us that you still care about Pocket Legends as well as the other Legends titles.

I believe a developer mentioned that they have a staff of 30+. I remember when Pocket Legends first started out, they had a staff of 10 plus. Now, there are 4 legends titles, so can’t the staff be split evenly so all of the games can receive constant updates instead of 3 being ignored and one getting all the attention? I’m sure this would increase revenue as well since people would be satisfied in purchasing platinum in every game.

What I've been trying to say these last months
    Last edited by lakersrockftw; 03-14-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

• Once again, the developers can do an game-wide nerf, rebalancing PvE and PvP to account for the increasing stats as they did during the L50 cap. This worked out rather well and stalled the problem until it became apparent again this cap.

• Certain skills should be set to land more often, thus decreasing the dodge factor.

• Greatly increasing the hit percent to break through the dodge factor. This one seems more manageable as it does not involve reworking the entire game.

• Decreasing L9 skills. Coupled with high armor and dodge, it makes matches way more luck based than they should be.

Pocket Legends is your founding game, the reason why Arcane Legends is able to be here today. Please, show your old players some love and show us that you still care about Pocket Legends as well as the other Legends titles.

Sincerely,

Apollo

Boom! +1 to everything! Lvl 9 skills I think we should keep, but after lvl 6 make the skills only increase by half as much as they did (instead of +10 damage only +5)

If they rebalance pvp it would be such a fun challenge!
    And yeah, they did say they had over 30 people. I don't think it's to much to ask to put 1-2 people on fixing pl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus:1007067
    LAWL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post

Sincerely,

Apollo

Boom! +1 to everything! Lvl 9 skills I think we should keep, but after lvl 6 make the skills only increase by half as much as they did (instead of +10 damage only +5)

If they rebalance pvp it would be such a fun challenge!
    And yeah, they did say they had over 30 people. I don't think it's to much to ask to put 1-2 people on fixing pl.
    Sounds good, but who ever came up with the forgotten event should be workin on AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Sounds good, but who ever came up with the forgotten event should be workin on AL.
    Good call, sir
    We don't need those trolls in PL mechanics anymore, pretty sure they made a solid dent in the game already