Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Opinion on if rogues need a buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Opinion on if rogues need a buff?

Question:
    Do rogues need a buff?

My Opinion:
    Yes, rogues have been very weak sence the expansion and need to be revamped back to the best damage and dps class. I don't get why warriors are getting all the attention? They are op to us rogues. I know warriors are weak in some ways but rogues are the weaker in a way, even though we deal a lot of damage with our skills and crits we don't get to ever show our real damage with our daggers..... Rogues aren't meant for sitting in the back dieing instantly to warriors who can just throw a 250 crit and stun them till they die.... Rogues are meant to be the ones killing the warriors without having to die 2-3 times along the way.

This post is not meant to make a argument I just want to see everyone's opinions on this.
    Please do not flame >.<

- Ryuushadow
    - Not seen until its to late. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I do agree with debuffs being introduced to rogues and the slight boost to our daggers.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rogues need something like a hemorage skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Powerful dmg is for mage. Rogues should have best dps and good daggers of choice. With depraved or flintlocks you die fighting melee in pvp. Death is ok, it's a risk of being low hp in close combat, but where is the reward for the risk taken?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl View Post
    Powerful dmg is for mage. Rogues should have best dps and good daggers of choice. With depraved or flintlocks you die fighting melee in pvp. Death is ok, it's a risk of being low hp in close combat, but where is the reward for the risk taken?
    Good point here!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I think Rogues are just fine as they are. You can respec to add INT, which can boost your HP and Mana significantly, but the tradeoff is lowered DMG.

Due to this tradeoff, I prefer a Bow Rogue, to keep the DMG high, though one addition I would like to see is at least one more stun ability. The only stun Rogues have is on a charged auto attack, but the stun duration is so slow, it might as well not even be there - especially if you are relying on a stun to flee.

It would be nice if a charged Nox stunned. It doesn't have to last as long as Fireball, but a 1.5 second stun would be enough to disengage from a fight if you are low on HP.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

True there Kalizza, we coulr really use some stuns.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    True there Kalizza, we coulr really use some stuns.
    And it's funny, because I chose the Shipmasters Bow specifically because it says that it has a Stun proc, so I had hoped that between the stun chance of a charged auto, on top of the proc, that I would stun 50% of the time. Sadly, in PvP it's more like 10% (at best), hence the need for an additional stun ability.

Glad you agree with me! We don't need a buff (or a nerf for that matter), but unlike the other two classes, we aren't really able to stun anything.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I think Rogues are just fine as they are. You can respec to add INT, which can boost your HP and Mana significantly, but the tradeoff is lowered DMG.

Due to this tradeoff, I prefer a Bow Rogue, to keep the DMG high, though one addition I would like to see is at least one more stun ability. The only stun Rogues have is on a charged auto attack, but the stun duration is so slow, it might as well not even be there - especially if you are relying on a stun to flee.

It would be nice if a charged Nox stunned. It doesn't have to last as long as Fireball, but a 1.5 second stun would be enough to disengage from a fight if you are low on HP.
    You are speaking from bow-rogue position. And therefore your suggestion about noxious bolt stun (as you use aimed/nox). But dagger-rogues should have the meaning in pvp too, shouldn't they? As of now, its a cannon meat. Rogue needs stun on charged auto attack, either low chance of good stun (30%-2sec), or high chance of micro stun (90%-0.7sec). Lower percentage on charged bow stun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Rouges do need a buff,
    There are good ideas up there ^^

What I'd ask for is: (I'm thinking pve for all of this, I don't like PvP after the recent updates for rogues)
    -Better blades dps/dmg
    -our stuns back
    -slightly faster normal attack speed
    -more true single target skills

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I had a little bit of fun last night on my rogue(lvl 25 average gear - can afford the good stuff). I went full int. dash, packs, traps aimed and passive int dex.

I couldn't kill anything but could kite quite well. Lasted quite long. I also got laughed at a few times, but was testing different builds. I hope they extend the free respec for a while so I can test more. Although the traps don't seem to pull the enemy in like in pve.. If that happened it would be wonderful.. Also the slow is strange it doesn't always seem to slow.

On the warrior side.. if you dash while the axe is thrown the axe pull doesn't work or didn't seem to for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

D stuns dat they removed frm rouges ud b ok tho f that wud b d same as now.. it wasnt op bck then good wars vud own me before on lvl 21 cap.. tho i admit it i win most of d times but then again good tactics of wars own me and this is proven in one on ones..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl View Post
    You are speaking from bow-rogue position. And therefore your suggestion about noxious bolt stun (as you use aimed/nox). But dagger-rogues should have the meaning in pvp too, shouldn't they? As of now, its a cannon meat. Rogue needs stun on charged auto attack, either low chance of good stun (30%-2sec), or high chance of micro stun (90%-0.7sec). Lower percentage on charged bow stun.
    Daggers, like Bows, do have a stun chance from charged attacks. The stun probability is so low that it might as well not be there. The problem with daggers is that you have to get into melee range, and even if you DO stun, you still can't get away fast enough before the enemy recovers and Skyward Smashes you into oblivion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Sam quoted in another thread that the main reason why our dmg got nerfed so hard was b/c they didn't like the idea of 4 rogues running elite maps.
    I don't see anything wrong with that and don't think a developer should force users to party with different classes otherwise they nerf and force them to.

A fix to 1 potential problem (wasn't even one imo) has lead up to many more problems now and I think they should take our suggestions into consideration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

IIRC - The reason for the nerf was to reduce all the one-hit kills Rogues were doing in the PvP arena.

I don't recall the post you are referring to, but I don't doubt it. It seems that STS really, really wants us to form cross-class groups, but if that is indeed the case, then why can't we create (and kick) our own? The party system just seems a bit flawed, especially considering how effective it was in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

IIRC - The reason for the nerf was to reduce all the one-hit kills Rogues were doing in the PvP arena.

I don't recall the post you are referring to, but I don't doubt it. It seems that STS really, really wants us to form cross-class groups, but if that is indeed the case, then why can't we create (and kick) our own? The party system just seems a bit flawed, especially considering how effective it was in PL.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...gger-dmg/page2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Rogues don't need buff. Just revamping of skills. Remove some to add new ones. And overall adjust pve so that we are not so dependant on potions. Long cooldown to potions would be nice. That way potions could be used in pvp also. Revamp all classes not to be so dependant on potions in pve imo.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Rogues are pretty powerful - but the overall agenda is to strike balance where any one class is not overpowering in situations.

If you're asking for Rogues to be buffed because you want to be overpowered, I'm sorry but I don't think that is going to happen. In PvE Rogues are on the top of a lot of leaderboards, like timed runs, etc. In PvP they are doing well in activity as well as leaderboard standing.

I think there are maybe some Rogue skills or skill upgrades that aren't as interesting or promote diversity as much as they could. We'll see if the Dev Team has bandwidth to work on those issues, or if larger issues (like content for everyone, etc.) will take precedence.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Rogues are very op as is lol absolutely no way they need any buff, what they need is health packs to be nerfed in pvp. Heals far to much at twink lvls. And if ANY class needs a boost its surely Mage. And one main area is heal. No one uses it cause the cool down is like two months and the amount it heals doesn't justify wasting te skill pts. Just my opinion and many other twinks lvls 13 and below. Not sure about higher lvl pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Thanks for the consideration Sam! I agree, Rogues are actually doing OK, and I am actually starting to see a lot of differentiation in Rogue builds since the update. Many are staying full DEX, some are going majority INT and some are hybrids. The skills even seem to have more diversity lately from what I've come across. I've seen a handful of AoE Rogues with Trap, Veil, Razor and Aimed, which I find interesting and somewhat counter intuitive. Most are sticking with the 1v1 juggernaut role, but some are branching out to test other builds while respecs are free (myself included).

Is there any possibility of adding a second stun ability for Rogues? We are the only class without shielding (which is fine), but we could certainly use another stun because the only one we've got rarely triggers in the Arena. I'm not asking for any stat resets, or weapon rebalancing or anything silly like that, just the addition of some kind of stun hanging off of one of our existing skills (like Nox, preferably).

Frankly, I like the fact that Rogues are somewhat squishy in full DEX form, and less of an offensive threat when using alternative builds.