Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Opinion on if rogues need a buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Rogues are pretty powerful - but the overall agenda is to strike balance where any one class is not overpowering in situations.

If you're asking for Rogues to be buffed because you want to be overpowered, I'm sorry but I don't think that is going to happen. In PvE Rogues are on the top of a lot of leaderboards, like timed runs, etc. In PvP they are doing well in activity as well as leaderboard standing.

I think there are maybe some Rogue skills or skill upgrades that aren't as interesting or promote diversity as much as they could. We'll see if the Dev Team has bandwidth to work on those issues, or if larger issues (like content for everyone, etc.) will take precedence.
    I have to disagree with you in regards to Rogues asking for a buff b/c we want to overpower that other 2 classes.
    We have basically lost our main mobbing damage in pve, unless this was the intention from the start but why has this issue just been fixed when it has been around since the initial release.

Most forum users who have brought up this issue were in fact Rogues and they were only stating it was overpowered relative to the other daggers.
    I believe the motive for most of us was for you guys to work on the other daggers and bring them closer to what the lifethiefs were doing.

I also agree with you that the PVE & PVP & Timed Leaderboards are filled with quite a few Rogues but isn't that supposed to be the reality.
    In both PVP and PVE it can be safe to assume that we are the class that also dies the most and uses the most pots so isn't this a tradeoff?
    For timed runs Rogues are a necessity for boss killing so any party will want to recruit a Rogue or two. I also want to state that most of the leaderboard groups atm are a mix of different classes and not a full team of rogues so in no way are we the most OP class.

Again we are not specifically demanding a buff on our skills to make up for the lost DPS, but we would prefer if there was an easier & more efficient method to farm pve kills b/c we have been set back quite a bit.
    For the other users who are commenting on this, I really do hope you have tried endgame Rogue since the update as you would be more than likely to be more understanding of our suggestions regarding this.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    I have to disagree with you in regards to Rogues asking for a buff b/c we want to overpower that other 2 classes.
    We have basically lost our main mobbing damage in pve, unless this was the intention from the start but why has this issue just been fixed when it has been around since the initial release.

Most forum users who have brought up this issue were in fact Rogues and they were only stating it was overpowered relative to the other daggers.
    I believe the motive for most of us was for you guys to work on the other daggers and bring them closer to what the lifethiefs were doing.

To this point the scalar value was the issue. At level 15 ad 16, even 20 and 21 the damage values weren't high enough to trigger our response. With the Kraken expansion we were beginning to see the effects of this scalar value ballooning numbers and we took a deeper look. This is why it went unchecked for so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

If a rogue doesn't own hooks either mythic helmet, they're weak. Honestly.
    Not everyone can get those, something has to be done for rogues.

Warriors gets what they whined for, so how about us now?
    Me, no. I don't care, i'm fine, I own hooks and stuff.
    I'm just supporting these true and honest thoughts.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mysticaleagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle View Post
    You are so true, I feel so average and I am basically top geared.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    You are so true, I feel so average and I am basically top geared.

-Vys
    You quoted before my edit, read the post again.

(slow down Vys, posts won't disappear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Devs also have to keep in mind that with any mmo, there are "harder" classes to play but once mastered they can be the "best".
    I believe the Rogue class in this game perfectly fits this scenario, but as of recent, all we have been getting are nerfs and more nerfs.
    In addition, only a small handful (& I bet not even 0.001% of the Rogue population) were over performing in your eyes but can such a small amount of players set off such drastic changes? Most avg rogues in PUG games sucked honestly and they were probally better off using the easy 123 abc's warrior.

But if this route is what STS intended from the start then all of us here will just have to adjust and adapt to these changes.
    edit: ^ or if unable to adjust, switch to the holy warrior class.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 03-15-2013 at 02:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

You quoted before my edit, read the post again.

(slow down Vys, posts won't disappear)
    Doesn't make a difference on what I said

(Ik that )

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I missed all those whining threads by warriors wanting themselves nerfed.
    However I am glad they boosted our taunt skills to work again in pve. I <3 tanking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    whining threads by warriors wanting themselves nerfed.
    Doesn't make sense to me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

In fact the only people that were whining were players other than warriors, because of the windmill glitch. Oh and the fact that rogues could out tank and out dps everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Ironic how warriors complained about Rogues single target aimshot when they had an aoe aimshot skill for a good few months.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Ironic how warriors complained about Rogues single target aimshot when they had an aoe aimshot skill for a good few months.
    Well they didn't though did they? Not until this last expansion. But it doesn't matter, everybody got nerfed right? Well except sorcerers, poor buggers. Anyhow I vote no on the rogue buff. Buff our blue little buddies, they need it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I second this , i also own hook and some top tier gear for rogues but playing it in PVP is very different Even if havin this hign end stuff is makin it hard for my rogue but when i switch to my warrior ( had a hell of a time on the patch but when they rectified some issues on the following patch its now heaven again for most part) , my warrior is having a great time in PVP even though he is not my main and only have some lvl 25 and secondary top tier gear on him =(

In PVP:
    My Warrior who is not very well geard > My Rogue 416 dps with very good armor, weapon and accesory

In PvE :
    Its balanced but with my rogue roll as damage inducer even with 416 dps and having hook as my weapon i feel like i still am not dishing out enough damage even though i drink mana and pots like an alcoholic in a free bar every run just to dish out every skills every time it is not in CS...

Anyway its just my way of sharing my experience i hope dev can look into it and maybe they can do something about it.. As i have seen what they can do for the warrior in a span of only less than a day ... Iam hoping they can do the same thing for us rogues..

Edit:
    I think what rogues lack in pvp is way or skill to survive a bit longer , razor aint that bad but it is very limited, an extra stun maybe?
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-15-2013 at 02:58 PM.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    In PVP:
    My Warrior who is not very well geard > My Rogue 416 dps with very good armor, weapon and accesory
    If you're building a glass cannon and going all out dmg/dps then yeah, expect to feel squishy. If you can't kill them before they mob you, expect to go down fast.

IMHO, your warrior feels better because they, by default of building STR, have more HP and feels less squishy. I'd say stop worrying more about your DPS and build some surviveability and kiting into your tactics and build and I bet you'll feel better about it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

If you're building a glass cannon and going all out dmg/dps then yeah, expect to feel squishy. If you can't kill them before they mob you, expect to go down fast.

IMHO, your warrior feels better because they, by default of building STR, have more HP and feels less squishy. I'd say stop worrying more about your DPS and build some surviveability and kiting into your tactics and build and I bet you'll feel better about it.
    So he bought hooks to kite with? I think not Sam.
    The point is even if we do go a more str build we now can't kill someone, even as a dex build we can't kill them. So what's the point of PvP for a rogue? Well there is none.

-Vys

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Rogues are pretty powerful - but the overall agenda is to strike balance where any one class is not overpowering in situations.

If you're asking for Rogues to be buffed because you want to be overpowered, I'm sorry but I don't think that is going to happen. In PvE Rogues are on the top of a lot of leaderboards, like timed runs, etc. In PvP they are doing well in activity as well as leaderboard standing.

I think there are maybe some Rogue skills or skill upgrades that aren't as interesting or promote diversity as much as they could. We'll see if the Dev Team has bandwidth to work on those issues, or if larger issues (like content for everyone, etc.) will take precedence.
    I can agree with this somehow (cant be always negative lol)

In lvl 16 cap i was farming kills pretty fine with heartseekers. One week of killing lol since then no more ( was sooo boring) but still maintain on lb for season 2.

and in pvp i used a bow and was doing just fine (average). Hm but that was when stuns worked normal, sometimes is a life saving situation so yeah some kind of a stun would be nice.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    So he bought hooks to kite with? I think not Sam.
    The point is even if we do go a more str build we now can't kill someone, even as a dex build we can't kill them. So what's the point of PvP for a rogue? Well there is none.

-Vys
    Again, you're making a 1v1 argument. Get with the fact that Arcane Legends PvP is Capture the Flag and a team sport. If you want to run around and do that, power to ya.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I don't know guys...I can more than hold my own in the Arena. I had to play around with my build a bit, but I'm very happy with it now.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Rogue vs Warrior (1v1).

Warr - buffs (heals, shields, venge) + atk

Rogue - drop med packs, trap(optional), atk, charged medpack (self heal), atk.

Kite, dot, poison, trap, survive, a true rogue play. All this complaints only for 1 reason, they want a super 1 hit kill assassin. jeezzzz.

Edit: Just tested my new surprisingly good survival build (PVP).
    Med pack (4/5 exclude dot heal)
    Razhor shield (extra secs + dodge)
    malison (for dodge arcane)

Attk skills:
    Aimed shot max, Nox 3/5
    Last edited by Crabmeat; 03-15-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I would only say that devs should improve dodging chance in razor... even with 45% total dodge, it still feels like I am absorbing all the damage (c'mon man, it's near 50%). I know that it's a probability, but in a PvP group rush, I feel that there's no dodge to any damage, unlike PvE. And, each time I have to face Bowed-Rogue, there's no chance Daggers would survive, even with 2k++ HP... OMG, what kind of balance is this? do devs want us rogue to take bow as our main weapon? but yes, indeed I'm only below average equipped rogue, maybe this is just the fault of the cheap.