Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Opinion on if rogues need a buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you're building a glass cannon and going all out dmg/dps then yeah, expect to feel squishy. If you can't kill them before they mob you, expect to go down fast.

IMHO, your warrior feels better because they, by default of building STR, have more HP and feels less squishy. I'd say stop worrying more about your DPS and build some surviveability and kiting into your tactics and build and I bet you'll feel better about it.
    I understand where your coming from. The problem is with any build we make we will get killed in the first 5-10 seconds if we are with a warrior in pvp. I have top gear at lvl 25 yet I die to warriors who are low end geared? I'm spending time on something that's just gonna go into battle, throw two hits, then die? Warriors got there buff and sorcs and rogues need one. Warriors are the top of the game right now. Aren't warriors meant for tanking not damage in this game at this point of time? There both and can deal the same damage as a sorc if they tried. Rogues can't even 6 hit a warrior with 100% crit using all skills if they tried... What's up with that? ( I've tried it )

Another thing is that rogues even with hooks and mythic helms can't kill warriors quick enough.
    For example: Red Team: 2 rogues, 2 warriors vs Blue Team: 3 warriors, 1 rogue.
    The red team will always loose due to there being that extra warrior because they can wipe us out in 4-5 hits without loosing 40% of there health and the rogue who sits there dealing damage will get killed but quickly due to the warriors killing the red team to quick for the rogue to deal the damage.

Rogues are kiters now the ones who take damage just to be there and die. We can't do anything with rogues anymore. What's the point in having a rogue in the game when you have a warrior?

Iam not looking for rogues to be overpowered but what's up with rogues being weak?
    Rogues are suppose to deal damage from behind, i think we should have a passive where we have a 10%-25% of stunning the enemy if we are behind the target, or maybe a stunning skill?

Do rogues and sorcs have to whine and make a bunch of threads just to get the game to be balanced? If so let's do it... Maybe it will work!

- Ryuushadow
    - Not seen until its too late.
    Last edited by Ryuushadow; 03-16-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i am fairly satisfied with the current position rogues have. true, some warriors are nearly unkillable in 1v1 but they also cannot kill me.
    i play with daggers and have satisfactory survivabilty rate. i can play well with a bow too if the situation cqlls for it.
    only thing missing is one more stun effect to improve the ranger role. shadow shot is a lame skill thats very underused in pvp. if stun were introduced fir that skill it would promote diversity in builds.
    also traps need some fine tuning. theyre an interesting option but they drop all over the place qnd open too late at times. they also trigger on my teammates whicj can be awkward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Wow this.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakadder View Post
    i am fairly satisfied with the current position rogues have. true, some warriors are nearly unkillable in 1v1 but they also cannot kill me.
    i play with daggers and have satisfactory survivabilty rate. i can play well with a bow too if the situation cqlls for it.
    only thing missing is one more stun effect to improve the ranger role. shadow shot is a lame skill thats very underused in pvp. if stun were introduced fir that skill it would promote diversity in builds.
    also traps need some fine tuning. theyre an interesting option but they drop all over the place qnd open too late at times. they also trigger on my teammates whicj can be awkward
    err this
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    I have to disagree with you in regards to Rogues asking for a buff b/c we want to overpower that other 2 classes.
    We have basically lost our main mobbing damage in pve, unless this was the intention from the start but why has this issue just been fixed when it has been around since the initial release.

Most forum users who have brought up this issue were in fact Rogues and they were only stating it was overpowered relative to the other daggers.
    I believe the motive for most of us was for you guys to work on the other daggers and bring them closer to what the lifethiefs were doing.

I also agree with you that the PVE & PVP & Timed Leaderboards are filled with quite a few Rogues but isn't that supposed to be the reality.
    In both PVP and PVE it can be safe to assume that we are the class that also dies the most and uses the most pots so isn't this a tradeoff?
    For timed runs Rogues are a necessity for boss killing so any party will want to recruit a Rogue or two. I also want to state that most of the leaderboard groups atm are a mix of different classes and not a full team of rogues so in no way are we the most OP class.

Again we are not specifically demanding a buff on our skills to make up for the lost DPS, but we would prefer if there was an easier & more efficient method to farm pve kills b/c we have been set back quite a bit.
    For the other users who are commenting on this, I really do hope you have tried endgame Rogue since the update as you would be more than likely to be more understanding of our suggestions regarding this.
    This is so true...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wanna do a pvp battle with 2 warriors vs 2 rogues? You will always loose bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, please fix traps in pvp. Today traps catch sorcerer from my team with net and deal dmg to him! And traps always activates when someone run through them from same team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushadow View Post
    Question:
    Do rogues need a buff?

My Opinion:
    Yes, rogues have been very weak sence the expansion and need to be revamped back to the best damage and dps class. I don't get why warriors are getting all the attention? They are op to us rogues. I know warriors are weak in some ways but rogues are the weaker in a way, even though we deal a lot of damage with our skills and crits we don't get to ever show our real damage with our daggers..... Rogues aren't meant for sitting in the back dieing instantly to warriors who can just throw a 250 crit and stun them till they die.... Rogues are meant to be the ones killing the warriors without having to die 2-3 times along the way.

This post is not meant to make a argument I just want to see everyone's opinions on this.
    Please do not flame >.<
    - Ryuushadow
    - Not seen until its to late. <3
    I believe rogues dont need any more change, they already are hard enough to kill. With living issues, they have health packs and already 1 hit kill or in a matter of a few hits, kill most people. Or they just hide behind warriors, the debuffs, they already have on aimed shot. The rogue class is perfect as is. If they become more powerful, it will be unfair for the rest. Each class has its ups and downs. Right now, I currently have and play on each class. Rogues are perfect, as are mages, the only one that could use some work is warriors. If rogues or mages are made stronger, they will overpower the rest. If you cannot win to warriors as a rogue at all, then you must respec and practice furthermore as your choosing class. In lower level pvp, rogues can one shot kill almost anyone. In higher level pvp, almost the same. I play mostly on my warrior, and i've been hit with 1.5-2.5k aimed shots. Rogues do not need to become more powerful, the current rogues judt wish to be to dominate furthermore.
    Last edited by Theholyangel; 03-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I don't know about debuffs and DMG outputs and all that. I think our class is still top of the food chain. A more reasonable solution to the one problem we have (Mana use) would be to slightly decrease the amount of Mana required for our top Skills such as Aim Shot and Shadow Pierce(add Nox for odd balls)...lol. This would dramatically increase our productivity while running elite dives.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theholyangel View Post
    I believe rogues dont need any more change, they already are hard enough to kill. With living issues, they have health packs and already 1 hit kill or in a matter of a few hits, kill most people. Or they just hide behind warriors, the debuffs, they already have on aimed shot. The rogue class is perfect as is. If they become more powerful, it will be unfair for the rest. Each class has its ups and downs. Right now, I currently have and play on each class. Rogues are perfect, as are mages, the only one that could use some work is warriors. If rogues or mages are made stronger, they will overpower the rest. If you cannot win to warriors as a rogue at all, then you must respec and practice furthermore as your choosing class. In lower level pvp, rogues can one shot kill almost anyone. In higher level pvp, almost the same. I play mostly on my warrior, and i've been hit with 1.5-2.5k aimed shots. Rogues do not need to become more powerful, the current rogues judt wish to be to dominate furthermore.
    We all know your a warrior who wants to be op... This is why i hate warriors who reply because all they want is for there clas to stay at the top. if you really think rogues are strong go play one and see what we feel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theholyangel View Post
    Rogues need more damage... Warriors can take us down easily. I've tried every build yet warriors always kill me! You guys are op and are selfish and want to be more op then the other classes. No point in being a rogue or sorc when u can be a warrior and kill the other classes in 3-4 hits without losing 10% of your health! ur a weak warrior that's why u did so much. Mid geared warriors wreck high geared rogues what's up with that? Do us rogues have to have over 500 dps just to kill a warrior?! It's quite ridiculous if you think of it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Rogues need more damage... Warriors can take us down easily. I've tried every build yet warriors always kill me! You guys are op and are selfish and want to be more op then the other classes. No point in being a rogue or sorc when u can be a warrior and kill the other classes in 3-4 hits without losing 10% of your health! ur a weak warrior that's why u did so much. Mid geared warriors wreck high geared rogues what's up with that? Do us rogues have to have over 500 dps just to kill a warrior?! It's quite ridiculous if you think of it...
    Huh? Lots of rogues can 1v1 a warr no issue at all with packs...shortly after 2nd cd on packs there is a dead warr. Warr is hard to kill with low damage (warr v warr)...not the burst that rogues dish out.

Sure, when your team has been drained fighting, scattered and you are running around no mana...then it is impossible...of course!

Tumee something or other is one rogue that annihilates a warr...

Pro rogues even took out glitched warrs...which really says something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Forget the cd on SSS...but see no harm in a 10%-25% stun being added to that skill...for diversity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Excuse you, I am not weak. Rogues do not need more damage because they already are powerful, they hit thousands with one arrow. I have a ratio of 800/200. Im perfectly fine, rogues just come up and hide behind warriors to get the kills from taking the ones whom do the work, practice more and maybe youll be able to beat the warriors that kill you. Its not quite hard for rogues, they have enough damage already to kill a warrior with a matter of 3 skills.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hope medic packs would also replenish mana. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedev View Post
    I hope medic packs would also replenish mana. :/
    Then rogues would be op Now you can use pet for mana regen, e.g. jack, nexus, konga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Biggest problem after lifethief fix is that we become too squishy when we build a damage-dealing-SOAB rogue.
    It just takes too long to finish off adds when tank is busy elsewhere without spamming a looooot of pots and sometimes being the offer of the grim reaper..

I agree on the point that we should get another stun effect that actually works, hopefully on Aimed Shot, maybe consider Razor Shield, or somehow else buff the Shadow Veil.
    This would be of great help to us, we're the only class with no form of shield, health packs are difficult to use as other people have a tendency to take them when you need them most, so pots are the only option what comes to health imo. We also have no skill-CC as compared to the other classes.

I would also love more dmg, but this seems to be a no-no from devs POV.

Playing rogue with lifethief was FUN as we felt we had something else that the other classes couldn't provide. Now it's more down to how much lag you have on your pots if you survive instead of a lucky hit with the lifethief.

I also have a warrior and a sourcerer, both which are awesome to solo instances and CC mobs in partys. Can easily go solo on stuff with both of them, but rogues with knives are now useless for this, also bow for that matter as you need a lot of space to kite which sometimes result in mobs being reset or you running in a red-zone being one-shotted.

I must admit my thoughts was that rogues with insane dmg was insane fun to play, pleace do something

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Taigah For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

i have to agree that rogue has already have high damage, but in a survivability it is a no no... then maybe a slight change in the dodge chance is best tweak for rogue... i hope devs consider this improvemwnt... cmon... it's still chance... wont hurt anybody

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guys guys, let's focus on the the blue midgets drawing circle shields to live a little longer first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol. Sorcerers do need work as do rogues... Warriors get to much attention!