Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Buying Campaigns HELP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Buying Campaigns HELP

About a month ago, I bought the next campaign level: "Dark Forest Campaign". I recently had to switch iTunes accounts, and now I would like to buy the next 3 campaigns. Problem is, when I click on buy, it brings a message saying "You must purchase the app that this item is for before you can purchase the item." What I think this is saying is that I previously bought a campaign, but not on that iTunes account. Is there a way to fix that? I can't even "re-buy" the other campaign I previously bought.

I have tried re installing the app and re starting the app. Nothing is working and I think it's because of the account issue. Please let me know if this has happened before!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Please email support_at_spacetimestudios.com and we'll get you taken care of.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

I believe to remedy this you need to delete the app, sign out of itunes, sign back in with the account you are now using, and then download the app. Just reinstalling isn't enough because the app is tied to the account at the time of the download.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay:

I deleted the app completely and signed into the account I am now using. I downloaded the app and authorized the account so it could be installed back onto my iPod. First thing scared me when it said I had 0 characters (but eventually it appeared when I clicked on the realm I previously played on and it appeared). Next thing I was worried that I would have to re-buy the previous campaign, but I didn't have to. I went ahead and tried to buy the next campaign and wallah! it works!

Thanks so much :]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yea, the same thing happened to me when I switched iTunes accounts. Freaked me out a little, but all is good now.