Thread: Skull Cove Frustrations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Skull Cove Frustrations

Today I finally found a group of friends that were dedicated to running elite Skull Cove. We managed to get to the boss in a matter or 27 minutes. So everything was going perfectly until Bloodhammer got to half health. The mobs spawns and suddenly Bloodhammer is immune to damage. Every hit that he took would magically go away as soon as someone got close to him. He would heal and soon people started leaving.

• I feel that Bloodhammer should have his health lowered, as well as the mobs being cut in half
    • I also feel that his ability to heal off of us is just too OP for semi-skilled players like us

As much as I appreciate the health lower on all the elite mobs, I still feel that it is impossible for Run-in-the-Mill players like me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HxC View Post
    Today I finally found a group of friends that were dedicated to running elite Skull Cove. We managed to get to the boss in a matter or 27 minutes. So everything was going perfectly until Bloodhammer got to half health. The mobs spawns and suddenly Bloodhammer is immune to damage. Every hit that he took would magically go away as soon as someone got close to him. He would heal and soon people started leaving.

• I feel that Bloodhammer should have his health lowered, as well as the mobs being cut in half
    • I also feel that his ability to heal off of us is just too OP for semi-skilled players like us

As much as I appreciate the health lower on all the elite mobs, I still feel that it is impossible for Run-in-the-Mill players like me.

I think Bloodhammer is meant for pros with top gear. I agree with your points, but I think he is doable. It took me and my Officers 36 mins(which is a long time). Hit me up, GOA would be happy to run you through(IGN: Zuzeq).
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I understand that it is meant for pro players, but I have some of the best armor for my level, I also wasn't running with amatuers either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I did elite skull cover with a party in about a half hour. We all died multiple times, I died about a dozen times. That is how it goes. We all made up in advance that we weren't going to leave before finishing no matter what. So that is what you need.

What happened with us is when that second mob came we all died. Then when we came back we defeated that mob and then went after bloodhammer again. This time when the mob came a warrior left the group and used taunt skills to pull the mob away from bloodhammer. We continued to fight bloodhammer while the warrior slowly got rid of the mob. It seemed to work well that way.

As I said, it is going to take lots of deaths to finish this dungeon. It's not just time consuming, it's difficult. Some will not be able to do it no matter how much time they spend. There should be some things in the game that actually are difficult, and not just time consuming. There is a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

You need pro stuff, lots of potions, die alot...

Or... you can use brain, and find some tactic...
    Like after 50%, lure mobs down, reset most of them, but not all, kill. Repeat few times. Boss will respawn too, but after killing mobs + some new coming ( limited number ) only boss left. Boss heal, yes, but only with his red-lifethief small charging attack. So dont stand in front of him.

There were topics about it.
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The adds during a boss fight are a bit extreme with their health pools. In non-mobile MMOs, if a mob took 30s to take down, then there would just be like 1/5 to 1/10 of the group size at a time. If there were add spawns at 2-3x the party size, then they would be quick aoe nuke mobs. There is about a 2.5x mob to party size ratio of adds that come out and yet, the adds can nearly instant kill any non warrior and they have tons of health. I have thought this about all the add spawns on bosses in the KI expansion.

If my aoe freeze doesn't grab the group of gunners, i'm dead. 1-2 rotations of spells should be able to kill the adds if they come out in groups that big
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 03-18-2013 at 08:41 AM.