Thread: Sorcerer Mythic Helm Awful!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Sorcerer Mythic Helm Awful!!

I bought the sorcerer mythic helm yesterday and today I tried it in PvP and it is just awful. It increases my damage a bit, but I lose so much health and armor that I can't stay alive. I did everything the same, and normally I get around 3 kills for every 2 deaths. But during the 2 hours I played I had 3 times as many deaths as kills. I can't even stay alive for more than a few seconds. I get one-hit by both warriors and rogues -- that never used to happen ever. Problem is I've lost almost 200 health compared to my old helm, and some armor along with it.

As has been suggested, STS needs to really change the stats of this helm. Because as it is currently, it's the 3rd or 4th best helm, not the best one. It makes you a one-dimensional player which is not at all useful for PvP. The mythic helm should be the best in all ways, not severely lacking in most areas with just one good stat.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

As you already know, I totally agree. It's still (even with making dex a more valid stat) the worst Mythic helm as compared to the rogue and Warrior one. The comparison I made in my thread is still valid in showing that the Sorcerers' Mythical helm needs a decent armor and health boost to bring it in line with the other mythical helmets.

I'm still fairly optimistic in hoping that STS will change those stats in the future though.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Yah don't sell, they will make it better.. And I think some legendary sorcerer helms are way better than the mythic one ...O.o
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Yah don't sell, they will make it better.. And I think some legendary sorcerer helms are way better than the mythic one ...O.o
    The mythic was very useful in the kraken mines where I saw a noticeable difference in my AoE skills, so I could clear the mobs faster. But I'm not planning to use it in elite runs or in PvP, both of where you need to be able to take hits and stay alive. For those situations I find the sealord/bloodhammer "of will" and "of security" gear to be much better.

If they simply changed the DEX stat to STR and then increased the armor by a few that would make it much more useful. Or maybe keep the DEX and add a few STR points, and then increase the armor. Either way it would be much improved.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I think sts was trying to mage the sorcerer mythic helm better by adding a bonus for dex....

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Yes, but the dex bonus doesn't actually help that much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I think sts was trying to mage the sorcerer mythic helm better by adding a bonus for dex....
    Yes, I realize that and it helps a tiny bit, but overall not enough. Shouldn't the mythic helm have more armor than other level 26 sorcerer helms? There are 4 other lvl26 sorcerer helms that have 235 armor while the mythic helm has 226. That is just one example of how it falls short.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, I realize that and it helps a tiny bit, but overall not enough. Shouldn't the mythic helm have more armor than other level 26 sorcerer helms? There are 4 other lvl26 sorcerer helms that have 235 armor while the mythic helm has 226. That is just one example of how it falls short.
    Thanks. Yah this was what I was trying to convey.