Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Economy opinions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    Uummm, what if...plat to gold conversion is disabled lol? Would this increase the value of gold? Since people can't make gold out of nowhere easily anymore...?
    @.@ all this talk about economy makes me dizzy...
    Yes, this would help slow the inflation, but it would not stop the inflation. To totally stop inflation you would have to keep the total amount of gold in the game the same and not add any new gold. So that would mean you would need more gold sinks, i.e. higher potion costs, higher auction listing fees, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You can't cut out the plat to gold. Yeah it sounds like a good idea to slow down how much gold comes into the game, but it's not. Real money traders will infest this game overnight and then the economy will really be in shambles. Plus there will be endless spamming from an endless supply of rmt bots and people who buy gold will sometimes get scammed and hacked by them. Not a good thing at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bastok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    @.@ all this talk about economy makes me dizzy...
    Lol, I bet STS visionaries would bang their heads on the table, and say "WHAT DO THESE GUYS REALLY WANT??????"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastok View Post
    You can't cut out the plat to gold. Yeah it sounds like a good idea to slow down how much gold comes into the game, but it's not. Real money traders will infest this game overnight and then the economy will really be in shambles. Plus there will be endless spamming from an endless supply of rmt bots and people who buy gold will sometimes get scammed and hacked by them. Not a good thing at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    In PL nobody buys gold for plat and none of the problems you list have been an issue in that game. They do offer gold for plat, but the amount is so tiny that nobody would ever buy it. I think they give you like 50k for 500 plat, and 50k in PL is like having 10k in AL. So nobody ever buys gold with their plat.

Instead the money maker in PL is elixirs. Instead of only giving a 25% boost to your various stats, elixirs in PL go up to 3x boost and 100% luck (automatic reroll on every drop). Because the elixirs are so powerful, STS began making the dungeons much harder so that they would actually be a challenge to all the players running with elixirs. And then they had to make the pinks and purples more rare because every purple was being rerolled to a pink.

The result was everyone raging that it was impossible to compete if you did not have lots of plat to buy elixirs all the time. So STS had an answer for that too -- they started giving out free 24-hour elixirs from a daily reward. The end result of all of this was that it basically ruined a good game. Even the most rare items were no longer that rare since they could be farmed with 100% luck elixirs. And even the toughest dungeons and bosses can be taken down with ease if everyone in your party is on a 3x damage/armor combo elixir.

So I think in AL they decided to try something else. They have to make their revenue somehow as they are not a charity. So instead of charging 50 plat for overpowered elixirs, the big money makers here are gold and the locked watch crates. It seems to be a case of choosing the lesser of a few evils. Any way they do it players who have plat will always have an advantage. If they didn't, then nobody would buy plat -- or at least they would not buy a lot of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The only one that makes gold out of nowhere is that 70 plat pack. The rest of the platinum items people sell and get gold from other people in the game (mostly though people were taking chances on locked crates for the pets and selling the pinks they get which is no creating gold from nowhere). I guess they could take the gold out of that pack and lower the plat cost, but thats not how people are getting rich, and I don't think it will change much. Me I am constantly selling, and buying low and reselling. I've opened some locked crates trying to get the pets and gotten a few good pink weapons to sell but the majority is low priced pinks. I've only managed to build up 1.4 million gold and I am very tight with it normally.

An economy is not an easy fix. I don't think taking or adding gold will fix it. And while playing with the drop rates might make people happy, there would be no reason for people to buy plat if everything was cheap and easy to get. Thats why earlier I said its all about STS economy, if they aren't making money, they can't continue.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I know why some of you in this thread don't make much gold. You spend too much time typing longwinded economy/history related threads. If you'd use that time and those few braincells by actually playing the game, you'd probably be rich by now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noblesse View Post
    I know why some of you in this thread don't make much gold. You spend too much time typing longwinded economy/history related threads. If you'd use that time and those few braincells by actually playing the game, you'd probably be rich by now
    Yet there are those beings who despite posting short and nonsensical replies to a serious topic like this, remain poor.
    duck dynasty falls

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It is possible for everyone if you put in enough time and save your gold. Most players do not want to (or are not able to) put in the required time to save up enough gold for such items. But those who do are certainly deserving of having those items.

Doesnt sound like that when u was comparing to own a ferrari.

And guess what? There are plenty of nice items that most players can have. What you really are suggesting is that there should be no arcane or mythic items at all. Because if you make them more common then they will be no more rare than regular legendary pinks. So say what you mean. You don't think there should be any rare items. You think everyone should be able to have the same exact gear.

I dont realy recall sayin something like that in my post. I actualy sayed it shouldnt be easy. (comparing to owning a ferrari is bit exaggerated isnt it?)

Well there are plenty of MMOs that exist where this is the case. Just play PL if you want a good example. Everyone in PL complained because some items were too expensive, so now the drop rates of all the items were raised and now everyone can afford everything. So most of the elite players got bored and left, so the game is now pretty empty. But lots of noobs love it because they can play for a few weeks and have everything they want.

I never liked PL

Sorry, but some of us want a game that presents a challenge. A game where I can play multiple hours per day, and a year later I still don't have everything I want. Because once I have everything I want, then I get bored and move on to another game. If that happens in one month, then the game will be a failure. And trust me, most of the elite players feel the same way.

I dont have everything and game starts to be boring. Just my personal feeling i dont need aplay to everyone.
    I just wanted u stop comparing game with a real life. And now i please u to stop twisting the words and saying something i never sayed.

On other note. The thing is without cheap gear from crates many ppl will end up with crappy epic items no very useful to their party. Some ppl can call them sucky players.

Items form crates is cheap bc ppl keep opening them so price drops (not speaking abt mythic and arcane). But items from elite maps are 1m+ in cs. So without crates many ppl couldnt afford at least some good gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Yet there are those beings who despite posting short and nonsensical replies to a serious topic like this, remain poor.
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear you're poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noblesse View Post
    PLEASE!!! Teach us how you use your few braincells!!!

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Here are my thoughts. I'm a very casual player.

1. Buying gold with Platinum is too easy, Platinum to Gold ratio is too high
    2. Gold earned to regular gameplay, vendoring, or questing is not on the same planet as merching or 'luck' (luck being elite grinding and chest opening)
    3. Possibly, get rid of chests or make them drop caches of gold, pets,potions packs, or vanities. not items. Getting multiple items from a drop is also driving prices down.
    4. Make Elites 30m-1hr and the bosses very tough, but guarantee a Legendary drop with a chance at mythic/arcane
    5. Add all or more suffixes to each item drop so that there are varying qualities of each item. (Firesquid rod has 3 different suffixes and 2 different levels, but there are 10 possible suffix combinations just for INT being the main stat, 20 more if Dex/Str are the main stat). Varying qualities will have different price points and the good ones would still be as rare as just getting 1 of them now.
    6. STOP putting Elite items in crates that are better than dungeons. I get really bored when i can just buy a gun for 5k and use that forever,etc.
    7. with some above changes (increase gold drops, chest changes etc) raise prices on pots.
    8. make all pet eggs more rare and take them out of Klaas's chests and put them into the world as drops somewhere. Making other items besides top tier elite and arcane items worth something. there are so few pets that drop that are worth anything between 5k gold and 500k that are drops.
    9. they could easily raise gold drop, vendoring, and quest gold if they would make items be bound once equipped so that youcan't resell them. Then they could raise drop rates to make folks happy in runs...instead of upset with bad drops or unlucky chests

and sorry, but people who say Merching is a good way to make money, that isn't a way for general or casual players to make money. you need gold to start, practice to be good, and a lot of market knowledge in STS games. Other than that, there is gold buying or elite grinding and banging your head on the wall when you get crap because of crap luck time and time again.

I tried playing other games recently like the new on on iOS call Heroes of Destiny, but that was even a worse cash money sink than AL, luckily i found a review that pointed me to Fantasy Adventure. Costs and drops in game are well balanced. It's a lot easier to play a game that isn't aggrivating...
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 03-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    An economy is not an easy fix. I don't think taking or adding gold will fix it. And while playing with the drop rates might make people happy, there would be no reason for people to buy plat if everything was cheap and easy to get. Thats why earlier I said its all about STS economy, if they aren't making money, they can't continue.
    I'd rather pay $2 a month and have just vanities, pets, and elixirs be plat purchases, if that meant a more balanced economy and less frustration with gear drops etc.

On my previous point, they could easily raise gold drop, vendoring, and quest gold if they would make items be bound once equipped so that you can't resell them. Then they could raise drop rates to make folks happy in runs...instead of upset with bad drops or unlucky chests

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric
    And then they had to make the pinks and purples more rare because every purple was being rerolled to a pink.
    the crafting system was a flawed system. having a bunch of other purchased or new drops to turn 1 item into another. They need something like destroying green, purple, pink items to get equal colored crafting materials to be used to craft 1 item. It may take 20 green, 10 purple, and 5 pink to make, 1 crafted pink. If they put a crafting system like this in, that would help keep the 'crappy' pink item prices up because people would be able to use them to craft something. The the best crafting recipes would need to drop just like an item or pet from a boss, so that not too many people could craft the same item.
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 03-20-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    and sorry, but people who say Merching is a good way to make money, that isn't a way for general or casual players to make money. you need gold to start, practice to be good, and a lot of market knowledge in STS games.
    Actually, it's much simpler than that. I can play for 5 minutes and make 10k. If I posted a video of myself doing it, everyone would say "wow, why didn't I think of that?". LOL That's all I'm going to say for now. Can't give away all my secrets, but those who merch probably know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Personally I prefer to farm chests then open them. Maybe in the long run you make less money, but the prices for elite pirate chests or even locked crates are worth it in my opinion. In most PUGs I have been in, the southern seas elite map can be finished on average between 6 to 10 minutes depending on the team. If you have 4 warriors it take take the full 10 minutes. But the investment in pots is worth it based on what you can get back compared to other maps. I don't know if its the best place but you can farm locked crates on non-elite Jarl with a luck elixor. And now maybe the best time because its possible prices could go up in the future once the free luck elixor from the Leprechoblin ends (and less crates are on the market). Anyways, this is a couple of things I like to do when I don't have much time and earn some quick gold. It still needs some luck but so does everything in the game. Anyways, I am not too concerned because I don't care if I have the very best stuff. Second or 3rd best or whatever is okay with me. No economy is going to be perfect that pleases everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Farming 3 hours straight to receive one single Elite Copper chest FTW.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysticaleagle For This Useful Post: