Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What I'm usually seeing in PvP nowadays...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

lol i don't pvp at 12 anymore I'm way too poor to afford any lv 50 shadow cave gear lol thats why I do lv 55

Since I didn't start playing from the beginning, yes, at one point I did think that the only way to pvp was to say "go". But now I realize that any kind of pvp is accepted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    lol i don't pvp at 12 anymore I'm way too poor to afford any lv 50 shadow cave gear lol thats why I do lv 55

Since I didn't start playing from the beginning, yes, at one point I did think that the only way to pvp was to say "go". But now I realize that any kind of pvp is accepted.
    Dude! Cyber is free. I'll even grind with you to get it if you want

What's wrong with saying go?

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Nature's first green is gold.
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower
    but only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    And Eden sank to greif.
    Then dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

Stay gold.... Ponyboy....
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerious For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Dude! Cyber is free. I'll even grind with you to get it if you want

What's wrong with saying go?
    Nothing wrong. I'm just saying that almost everybody in 10-17 pvp can't get over the fact that "go" isn't the only way of pvping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

PL PVP: Too much talking (trash talking, "go", etc.), everybody goes crazy if they get killed one time, rushing occurs, and feelings get hurt. (Not me, talking about other ppl who say "lag" or whatever. ) PvP is way too dramatic.

Any other MMO PvP: Hardly anyone talking, no one cares if u "rush" them or just kill them, deaths don't really count, and you have an honor system. Feelings don't get hurt this way and its actually FUN and not dramatic.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Exactly, Oskitopee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    PL PVP: Too much talking (trash talking, "go", etc.), everybody goes crazy if they get killed one time, rushing occurs, and feelings get hurt. (Not me, talking about other ppl who say "lag" or whatever. ) PvP is way too dramatic.

Any other MMO PvP: Hardly anyone talking, no one cares if u "rush" them or just kill them, deaths don't really count, and you have an honor system. Feelings don't get hurt this way and its actually FUN and not dramatic.
    Dont blame it on the community, blame it on the developers for making PvP so poorly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Every other mmo has one on one dueling.

However, you make a point. Honestly, if people rush me, I kill them. But I don't get mad and start raging and all that. I just quietly fight back. Not to lift myself up (I learned from the true pvpers so I can't claim anything) but I think that should be the model. Everybody fight how they like to fight and just not get SO involved in the game. It IS a game after all, you know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Every other mmo has one on one dueling.

However, you make a point. Honestly, if people rush me, I kill them. But I don't get mad and start raging and all that. I just quietly fight back. Not to lift myself up (I learned from the true pvpers so I can't claim anything) but I think that should be the model. Everybody fight how they like to fight and just not get SO involved in the game. It IS a game after all, you know?
    P.S. Zerious is super-duper hawt
    Yes I agree, with both of your statements

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerious For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

If you're going to rush, you need thick skin. Its that simple.

However, if you rush long enough, without talking trash, most people actually become pretty friendly.

I have a 66 bird I always ffa with. At first, I would get called all kinds of names. Eventually it pretty much stopped completely.

p.s my 66 bird is "kite"
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

idk if someone other than me said this earlier in thread, but i think TALKING is the factor that's making PvP an unpleasant experience for some. We seriously should have the option to stop chat in PvP zone if we want. Seriously, i hate when people say the most childish catchphrases after they "win" or rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

idk if someone other than me said this earlier in thread, but i think TALKING is the factor that's making PvP an unpleasant experience for some. We seriously should have the option to stop chat in PvP zone if we want. Seriously, i hate when people say the most childish catchphrases after they "win" or rush.
    Having to option to turn it on or off would be genius! During a glitch after the Humania release there was a time when you could get your chat log to completely disappear. I loved it! I could mute out all the potty mouths. Then the update came and I realized it was a bug...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Having to option to turn it on or off would be genius! During a glitch after the Humania release there was a time when you could get your chat log to completely disappear. I loved it! I could mute out all the potty mouths. Then the update came and I realized Zerious was super-duper hawt...
    Yeah that would be cool, but I find it hilarious hen people get mad or full of themselves over a game. And you're awfully kind Micah.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Having to option to turn it on or off would be genius! During a glitch after the Humania release there was a time when you could get your chat log to completely disappear. I loved it! I could mute out all the potty mouths. Then the update came and I realized that Reun was hawtter than Zerious...
    Lol I loved that glitch. And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I agree to this.....or how bout censored some words. Both good ideas to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Sorry Ghost.....
    I still don't think getting rid of the chat function would help. Ppl will find another way to signal they are ready. I do like the idea of being able to turn it off.

I also don't think an invisible wall will work either. The other team can just have a friend come and take up a spot on your team and sit allowing you to get teamed 3v2 like they do now. Unless sts can implement an auto boot if player doesn't attack.

I think there can be problems with anything implemented. It's the players attitude and game play that needs to change.

Still love u though

19. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just want to ctf after a long day of work. It's a break from rl for me. Win or lose Supposed to be FUN. I'm tired of all the he said she said stuff and everyone telling me to pick a side. I just want flags man

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Sorry Ghost.....
    I still don't think getting rid of the chat function would help. Ppl will find another way to signal they are ready. I do like the idea of being able to turn it off.

I also don't think an invisible wall will work either. The other team can just have a friend come and take up a spot on your team and sit allowing you to get teamed 3v2 like they do now. Unless sts can implement an auto boot if player doesn't attack.

I think there can be problems with anything implemented. It's the players attitude and game play that needs to change.

Still love u though
    I appreciate devil's advocate That what every MMO needs in order to make it work.

Then here's an alternative solution:

In Order and Chaos, there's a function on the main screen that allows you to press a button "2v2 Arena" or "4v4 Arena." Basically what happens is that when you choose the option you want, the PvP system tracks down other players that have also chosen this Arena option. The game only sends you to the PvP Arena once there are is a full game (enough people have chosen to participate). In the meantime, you can continue to do whatever you're already doing. (Sorry if this is all worded poorly.) I think this would influence FFA play, because the games could be based on a Point system, where you can turn in your points for fun Vanities (and vanities only.) Losing does you no harm, as this would simply emphasize FFA play. Because the Arena is a game where once you die, you can't get back, it would greatly influence others to rely on pure strategy. One of the reasons that people hate rushing is because once somebody dies, they're always relatively close to the person's spawn point. It would force others to know how they should play with different classes... in Pocket Legend's sake, a 5v5 would be fun. Every player on the winning team would receive points then.

Somebody play devil's advocate

It's too hard to change the player's attitude when the players have already "implemented" the go system (along with trolling and trash talking). I'd rather STS implement something new and take the risk.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 03-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Maybe FFA everyone for themselves?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

this game is targeted toward children, but many adults play. Combine maturity with immaturity, and i think that's what is making PvP so unpleasant. We got people trying to act mature when in reality they are just children. I don't have a problem with kids, I just have a problem with immature ones. All the trashtalking comes from immaturity.
    And the go system. If u used "go" in a fight irl, it would be like this:
    Fighter1: Good day, would you like to spar?
    fighter2: Why yes, I would. Are you ready to begin?
    fighter1: Why yes, I am, thank you. Let us commence.

When in reality, it should be like this:
    fighter1: (blank)
    fighter2: (blank)