Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much damage does a end game bear do compared to bird?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Opinion on ranger -- it was fun to learn a new class and is fairly capable. Since I have a bird that I use bow or talon with, I used my fox as close in fighter. Many skills either bring the fox into mêlée or only work at short distances -- the shred armor range (fox) is 2m and break armor (bird) is 10m (I believe, or very close). To me if you want a ranged fighter, the bird already fills that role well.

So I played him with dagger (Gruesome Butcher Knife!) up until 70s and with mostly dex. Looking at end game gear and how I liked to play, I respeced to give him enough str to wear savage gear and use the scythe. He's ok, but if I got 3x combo on both him and mage, I'd farm with mage in a heartbeat. Ranger can be fun and you could certainly play it with dex and use the Swift end game gear and be pretty strong. But for me if I wanted that play style I'd go with an archer.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Opinion on ranger -- it was fun to learn a new class and is fairly capable. Since I have a bird that I use bow or talon with, I used my fox as close in fighter. Many skills either bring the fox into mêlée or only work at short distances -- the shred armor range (fox) is 2m and break armor (bird) is 10m (I believe, or very close). To me if you want a ranged fighter, the bird already fills that role well.

So I played him with dagger (Gruesome Butcher Knife!) up until 70s and with mostly dex. Looking at end game gear and how I liked to play, I respeced to give him enough str to wear savage gear and use the scythe. He's ok, but if I got 3x combo on both him and mage, I'd farm with mage in a heartbeat. Ranger can be fun and you could certainly play it with dex and use the Swift end game gear and be pretty strong. But for me if I wanted that play style I'd go with an archer.
    Ahh that makes sense, I guess with mage I'll be putting 2str3int every level until I can wear savage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

To be honest, I was pure int until I respec'd. I think there are guides around for some good mage builds. I would target the sets you might want to use and get to just enough str to equip them. I like pure int a lot and would have stayed if the endgame gear was better. Str definitely helps in sewers though too -- that's when I remember a lot of people going to str mage.

Note that purple/green/orange gears may take more str for a given level than the equivalent pinks. For Savage it's 157 str, but for the purples I think it's 190 or so (or close -- off the top of my head). Anyway, just keep a target in mind and build towards that. Or go pure until you need to and respec.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Elite bow bears are the strongest class
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Bears can exceed 1000 dps with a trusty rhino at their side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    Elite bow bears are the strongest class
    Lol I know they're not the "best" dps but I don't think people give then enough credit, I was using rage and 1-2 hittin everything so fast, while tanking a fair bit as well, probably used 25 potions 13-20 and was always leading. But I'm sure the dps drops off alot or something later :/ so I gave up on him lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

They are. With rage they end up with 550 weapon dmg, 600dps and 100+ critical. Each slash (3 in total) should be 550+ dmg and they take like 3-4secs of cooldown compared to the bird shots that take around 6-8secs. And I believe that SMS Slash at level 7+ starts reducing armor points from target.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default bird vs bear

Well I'm a lvl72 burd that can tank with the best of the and can kill the rest of them. Just really good at pot spamming O.o but honestly a bird kills way faster and dies just as quick. Lvl 72 avian named azureoo, guild havoc!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    They are. With rage they end up with 550 weapon dmg, 600dps and 100+ critical. Each slash (3 in total) should be 550+ dmg and they take like 3-4secs of cooldown compared to the bird shots that take around 6-8secs. And I believe that SMS Slash at level 7+ starts reducing armor points from target.
    Where exactly do they fail at and become terrible dps that does x3 less damage over a bird o-o from what you said that seems pretty nice, being able to tank while still doing some nice dps/Dpm, I don't understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwdfholypoop View Post
    Where exactly do they fail at and become terrible dps that does x3 less damage over a bird o-o from what you said that seems pretty nice, being able to tank while still doing some nice dps/Dpm, I don't understand
    I never said anything about 3xs less or more, that was someone else. Im just saying savage bears have everything nice. The stats on a black ringed 3-elite ring bear are hit 113%, 50 dodge (unbuffed), 37 critical, 840 health, 40 h/s, 412 mana, 24m/s, 330-360 dmg, 400 dps, 325 armor. The thing is birds do clear map faster than a bear, but as for killing the boss I think the bear is more suitable as for debuffing and damaging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Lv9 Rage buffs 60 critical and 90 damage, Lv9 Iron Blood buffs 60 armor, Lv9 Hellscream Debuffs -60 hit % and -60 dmg, Lv9 Crushing blow Debuffs 85 dmg and -45 dodge, Lv9 Evade buffs 20 dodge, Lv6 SMS Slash debuffs -10 armor and -5 hit %. Add all that buffs to the bear and it's a total tank machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    Lv9 Rage buffs 60 critical and 90 damage, Lv9 Iron Blood buffs 60 armor, Lv9 Hellscream Debuffs -60 hit % and -60 dmg, Lv9 Crushing blow Debuffs 85 dmg and -45 dodge, Lv9 Evade buffs 20 dodge, Lv6 SMS Slash debuffs -10 armor and -5 hit %. Add all that buffs to the bear and it's a total tank machine.
    Ahh my bad, people are throwing around that bears are terrible dps, then others have highest dps "on paper" at least, I get that birds will kill faster, I just think to many people are putting down the end game bear, and just think of him as nothing but a tank, which is understandable. I'm sure he can still kill fairly fast if you build him that way, I just like the idea of not dieing in 2 hits as well :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You guys are just confusing the OP. The OP should just play what he wants since all classes can contribute to the team just in different ways.

Fact birds deal the most damage. Fact DPS is useless since it doesnt contribute to the skill damage and doesnt take enemy armor into the equation.

Also just so you know eventhough you put the same amount of point in dex to a bird as a bear and have them wear the same full dex gear. The bird will still do more damage because birds have skill that do massive damage, increase crit and hit compared to the bear whoses skill help increase surviability and and keep aggro.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwdfholypoop View Post
    Ahh my bad, people are throwing around that bears are terrible dps, then others have highest dps "on paper" at least, I get that birds will kill faster, I just think to many people are putting down the end game bear, and just think of him as nothing but a tank, which is understandable. I'm sure he can still kill fairly fast if you build him that way, I just like the idea of not dieing in 2 hits as well :P
    Im really sure a bear with rage beats a bird with focus in damage overall on a long boss fight. The thing in pvp is, the only way the bear can get in range to use its slashes is through beckon and now Hellscream (it gets up to 12meters at lv9), but the problem is, birds have this crazy high dodge plus a skilled named blinding that at level 9 it debuffs your hit % by 60 at a range of 12meters, did I mentioned it's undodgeable? Even if you dodge, you will have the dizzy/stars on your head that means you have been debuffed in hit %. The 113 hit % goes down to 53% and it will go into the "hit or miss" equation, then either they dodge (good luck with 80dodge) or you effectively hit your beckon or HS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Bears tank
    Birds kill bosses
    Mages Kill mobs
    Rhino Support
    Foxes DOT enemies

Chose the one that fits what you want to do. Having any class do something other then what I put up make your character ineffective and not helpfull to the team. No one likes a warbird in there team or a Bow bear.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I agree -- play the class you want and have fun. To some extent I agree with the above, but one thing I love about PL vs AL is you can do class mashups. Make a dex bear if you want, or whatever and have fun. Some mashups are more popular and accepted than others -- at endgame, on slayer, I'd rather see str mages, for example, than int ones. But I don't leave if I see int mages or bow bears. Each class can be fun and be a good addition to a team, so build what sounds like fun to you and go for it. Chances are if you like PL you'll create a second and third character eventually anyway.