Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much damage does a end game bear do compared to bird?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How much damage does a end game bear do compared to bird?

Title pretty much says it all, since no one thinks I should make a fox because a bird outshines it in almost every aspect, which I understand but I enjoyed bear some, and was wondering what kind of damage he does compared to a equally funded end game bird.

Also I noticed alot of end game warriors went min str for gear and rest dex for a more bruiser style I'm guessing which seems awesome, so if you could put into detail about how much a tank bear and bruiser bear do compared to a DPS bird, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This really depends on what armor, weapons, sets, and or elixirs you have. I've seen bears have a TON of damage. My bear has over 400+ DPS. But really it depends what you have. I have the Savage set on mine ( lvl 75 ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

before that u have to remember,

A good bird sacrifices everything in order to do highest damage, and except endgame he still fails to do so. GL
    Last edited by Waug; 03-20-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iphoneington View Post
    This really depends on what armor, weapons, sets, and or elixirs you have. I've seen bears have a TON of damage. My bear has over 400+ DPS. But really it depends what you have. I have the Savage set on mine ( lvl 75 ).
    Yeah like the str/dex bears I see with savage set has same dps as a bird so I'm assuming your damage isn't like WAY off from theirs? Plus I'm assuming you have less of a hard
    time using your aoes as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Why too many questions lately? Anyway, lets talk about a lv76 equally geared bear and bird. A pure dex bird wearing a phoenix bow set without any ring or bonus has 480 top damage with a dps of 512 and 190 armor. A bear with savage scythe set has 335-350 damage range with a dps of 400ish and armor of 305. I forgot the approximate dmg of the slashes of the bear since I sold my savage set, but it was around 420-450ish with each slash while the bird has each shot hitting 550+. Someone will have to test this, but I believe the current endgame bear does more Damage Over Time due to the bear's problems on past caps that it couldn't keep aggro because bear dmg wasn't enought compared to the birds. Devs made the strengh weapon this cap way stronger in order for bears to have a better control over aggro.
    Last edited by Deathofan; 03-20-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

A bear with savage scythe set has 335-350 damage range with a dps of 400ish and armor of 305. I forgot the approximate dmg of the slashes of the bear since I sold my savage set, but it was around 420-450ish with each slash
    +

Huge dmg (with all skills) and armor buff
    Last edited by Waug; 03-20-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

In short.. Bird has a greater dmg imput in a short period of time than the bear, but I believe the bear can outcome the birds dmg over time because of it's short cooldown of slashes and a good weapon's dps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

To make it simple, an end game bird in top dex gear kills waaaay faster than an end game bear in top str gear. Waaaay faster. Both mob killing and especially boss killing for birds vs bears aren't even comparable IMO. A bear in top gear feels like it takes forever vs a bird in top gear.

Ow did I mention a bird kills waaaay faster?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Just make a fox so you feel good about yourself when you get a kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Lol ^

Go dex Behr..
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You cant compare them its unfair. A bear on trasher (that x3 more damage) probably still cant kill a boss faster then a all out full dex max atk gear bird. Bears are not meant to do damage(they are tanks), if you want damage its Bird>Mage>Fox>Bear>Rhyno.

Its like asking a bird to tank better then a bear... not happeing.

If you want damage its bird hands down.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    You cant compare them its unfair. A bear on trasher (that x3 more damage) probably still cant kill a boss faster then a all out full dex max atk gear bird. Bears are not meant to do damage(they are tanks), if you want damage its Bird>Mage>Fox>Bear>Rhyno.

Its like asking a bird to tank better then a bear... not happeing.

If you want damage its bird hands down.
    What exactly makes bear so low in the damage? Seems like +6 rage buff with exact same stats and full dex bear or a min str bear could semi keep up with a bird, I don't understand what makes bird so good in dps that he gets 3x the dps of a bear in all situations.

Is it a combo I missed or something? Because his buffs didn't seem THAT amazing.
    Last edited by Omgwdfholypoop; 03-21-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just looked up end game recurve bow and end game scythe, both have 0.9 attack speed, and damage, along with both having good buffs/debuffs, the bird has like 160 more base dex because of minimum strength requirements, that clearly gives him a bit more damage, but can Simone explain to me where he gets the 2-3x more dps if bear really does hit 450 per slash, and birds shoot at 550-600 per shot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Look at skills too though. I have a 75 bird and 75 bear, both are basically pure. The bird certainly kills faster. With focus, you can get your crit rate to about 80%+ and with cruel blast you can destroy mobs. With a mage working with you for nature strike you also nuke mobs and bosses alike. Bear is fun to play, and I think with a dex/str combo you can get ok damage output, but I think bird is still going to do more damage.

If you do want scythe with bird, you can always do a str bird. I've seen a few of those in endgame and am kind of curious. I may respec and try it since I have the savage set.

In the end, I'd consider the basic style of each class and just choose. You keep mentioning that you want a lot of damage and bird is the one. Mage would be second... Flash above outlined it pretty well.

Fwiw, I do have a capped ranger and it's fun, but nowhere near as powerful as my mage.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Rage boosts critical and damage. Stats around 400dmg 80crit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Look at skills too though. I have a 75 bird and 75 bear, both are basically pure. The bird certainly kills faster. With focus, you can get your crit rate to about 80%+ and with cruel blast you can destroy mobs. With a mage working with you for nature strike you also nuke mobs and bosses alike. Bear is fun to play, and I think with a dex/str combo you can get ok damage output, but I think bird is still going to do more damage.

If you do want scythe with bird, you can always do a str bird. I've seen a few of those in endgame and am kind of curious. I may respec and try it since I have the savage set.

In the end, I'd consider the basic style of each class and just choose. You keep mentioning that you want a lot of damage and bird is the one. Mage would be second... Flash above outlined it pretty well.

Fwiw, I do have a capped ranger and it's fun, but nowhere near as powerful as my mage.
    What exactly do you mean your mage is more powerful? And could you explain the best mage build too please? Mages are fun but really squishy :| I know they're very useful with heals and AoE, but like do they have great end game damage and decent survivability as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Many end game mages do int/str so they can use savage set. With that you have good survivability and still do good damage. Also the end game int gear is pretty weak -- worst of the three in my opinion. Dex gear is good, str is really good.

Mages have great aoe damage and combine with all other classes (well, don't know with rhino) for great combos. Mages have good buffs/debuffs too. In elite dungeons like Red Dragon Slayer, mage is crucial for healing and revs. I've done a ton of Slayer runs with fox and mage and the best (fastest, fewest casualties) games are with teams of all mages. (I have bird & bear too, so not hating on them, just my experience.)

Personally I enjoy playing mage best, partly because of the combos and damage, partly the healing and revs and support. But mage, bird, fox, bear - they're all fun. I haven't played rhino, but I guess they are too.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Many end game mages do int/str so they can use savage set. With that you have good survivability and still do good damage. Also the end game int gear is pretty weak -- worst of the three in my opinion. Dex gear is good, str is really good.

Mages have great aoe damage and combine with all other classes (well, don't know with rhino) for great combos. Mages have good buffs/debuffs too. In elite dungeons like Red Dragon Slayer, mage is crucial for healing and revs. I've done a ton of Slayer runs with fox and mage and the best (fastest, fewest casualties) games are with teams of all mages. (I have bird & bear too, so not hating on them, just my experience.)

Personally I enjoy playing mage best, partly because of the combos and damage, partly the healing and revs and support. But mage, bird, fox, bear - they're all fun. I haven't played rhino, but I guess they are too.
    Yeah mages are definitely awesome, they seem more of what I want in the long run, what is your honest opinion on ranger btw? And how do you think he should be played for max efficiency end game, like bow or talon/wing etc? Thanks a bunch for answering these questions, I really just don't want to spend a month training something that I won't enjoy end game, so I like to know all scenarios lol

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

On my bird, I was hit :

- 689 by staff mage
    - 465 by savaged bear
    - 571 by Phoenix bow bird

Gf.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    On my bird, I was hit :

- 689 by staff mage
    - 465 by savaged bear
    - 571 by Phoenix bow bird

Gf.
    O-o dayum, does anyone have a link to a really good step by step guide for mage?

I'll probably do str/int though, seems like the best combination for a novice player
    Last edited by Omgwdfholypoop; 03-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.