Thread: Question: Drop rate mechanics for Elite Chests & Watch Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Question: Drop rate mechanics for Elite Chests & Watch Crates

With every new addition of an Arcane/Mythic item added to the possible loot list, are our chances at looting these increased?
    I have a few scenarios below of how the loot system might work in this game.

Scenario 1
    So lets say the loot rates are the following for the items below:
    Hammerjaw 0.1%
    Mythic Rogue Helm 0.3%
    Mythic Warrior Helm 0.4%
    Mythic Mage Helm 0.5%
    Are the chances of looting any one of the items above increased to 1.3% (or the sum of all the drop rate %'s)

Scenario 2
    The drop rate set to a single value for example lets say 0.2%.
    If one is lucky enough to roll on this drop rate, then one of the items from the possible loot list is randomly selected and given to the player.

Scenario 3
    The drop rate set to a single value again for example lets say 0.2%.
    If one hits rolls on this drop rate, then the item given to the player is based on another % rate.
    For example there's 1/10 chance to loot the hammerjaw, 2/10 for the rogue helm, 3/10 for the war helm, 4/10 for the mage helm.

Which scenario do you guys think is the most likely one implemented (or if another one) & it would help alot if a Dev can clarify on this for everyone.
    *not asking for the specific %'s but how the drops work*
    Last edited by gundamsone; 03-22-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

My guess is 3. Although, I'm assuming Arcane is more rare than Mythic.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I was thinkin about.this to. Because now there are 2 arcane pets in locked.crates and if it. 1% a pet its now .2%(50/50)
    Or it could be the same for each pet .1 and .1% each. I dont know if really makin since but im wonderim the same thing
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

rogues myth helm wrote x2, maybe typo.

im thinking scenario1 just like DL. but in DL you can see the drop rate of the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I've thought about it a bit, sts uses a lot for the other games that came before as far as mechanics and engine go. Now in SL I read a dev once in game chat explain the loot system a bit (its still vague though but here it goes, just don't expect a revelation that will make it all clear lol)

He said "imagine a die, only this die doesn't have 6 sides, it has many, many, many, sides. each loot is assigned a number or more, whatever number rolls is the loot you get. Depending on the loot table assigned to mob, boss or chest for whatever drops, the loot table determines what loot is available for that roll. If mob doesn't drop purple there is no purples on the loot table and you can never get a purple from that mob unless it's changed."

That kind of explains why sts uses the terms "roll" and "reroll".

Now, my understanding on rerolls from SL is this. Yellows reroll to greens, greens will reroll to purple, purple rerolls to pink. Vanities are on a separate table and pinks can't reroll into a vanity. SL doesn't have arcane or mythic loots, so I don't know if they fall on a normal loot table (meaning you can reroll to one) or if it is separate and you could never reroll a mythic or arcane loot. I do know chests aren't affected by a reroll lix, so unless they made them to pop from a boss table, a mob table, or a map chest table or a breakable, mythic and arcane can't be rerolled. I also know from SL, if a step is missing (like if a loot table has yellow, green, and pink loots, but there is no purple), you can't start with a purple to get a reroll to pink, and a green can't reroll into a purple because its not in the loot table. It rerolls into green again instead of rerolling up one loot class.

IF its a similar loot system to SL, it's not a % chance, each roll is independent, if the die has 10,000 sides and the number for a mythic is 8658, you must roll 8658, it could happen often for some, and never for others. It could roll 1million times and hit every number except 8658, then by luck hit that number three times in a row.

That die could have 100 sides, 1000, 10000, 1 million, or 1 trillion and number groups to represent the rarity groups and then numbers for the individual items, or it could be an individual number for each item, and a bunch of numbers that are blanks, and every time you kill, break or open an enemy, object, chest it rolls, nobody knows.

IF this is similar to SL's system they would adjust the drop rate by adding more roll numbers or removing roll numbers from the loot table.

I believe this to be correct for SL, and I also believe it's correct for AL. Nobody from STS will comfirm or deny it, they are really tight lipped on how their loot system really functions.

That's all I got on the subject, i'd love to know exactly how it functions but they will never tell. In DL I know they use a % to express the chance of a loot, but I think they did that because its kind of difficult to explain the roll system. Instead just saying "drop rate increased x%" instead of saying "we added a few more roll numbers to the loot table for the item."
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 03-21-2013 at 10:30 PM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Only way to know is if a developer posts how it is. Otherwise you're just guessing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I know it's all speculation but if we get enough attention on this thread they might just post or give us a hint which WILL HELP ALOT for those who have 2nd thoughts on opening crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I've thought about it a bit, sts uses a lot for the other games that came before as far as mechanics and engine go. Now in SL I read a dev once in game chat explain the loot system a bit (its still vague though but here it goes, just don't expect a revelation that will make it all clear lol)

He said "imagine a die, only this die doesn't have 6 sides, it has many, many, many, sides. each loot is assigned a number or more, whatever number rolls is the loot you get. Depending on the loot table assigned to mob, boss or chest for whatever drops, the loot table determines what loot is available for that roll. If mob doesn't drop purple there is no purples on the loot table and you can never get a purple from that mob unless it's changed."

That kind of explains why sts uses the terms "roll" and "reroll".

Now, my understanding on rerolls from SL is this. Yellows reroll to greens, greens will reroll to purple, purple rerolls to pink. Vanities are on a separate table and pinks can't reroll into a vanity. SL doesn't have arcane or mythic loots, so I don't know if they fall on a normal loot table (meaning you can reroll to one) or if it is separate and you could never reroll a mythic or arcane loot. I do know chests aren't affected by a reroll lix, so unless they made them to pop from a boss table, a mob table, or a map chest table or a breakable, mythic and arcane can't be rerolled. I also know from SL, if a step is missing (like if a loot table has yellow, green, and pink loots, but there is no purple), you can't start with a purple to get a reroll to pink, and a green can't reroll into a purple because its not in the loot table. It rerolls into green again instead of rerolling up one loot class.

IF its a similar loot system to SL, it's not a % chance, each roll is independent, if the die has 10,000 sides and the number for a mythic is 8658, you must roll 8658, it could happen often for some, and never for others. It could roll 1million times and hit every number except 8658, then by luck hit that number three times in a row.

That die could have 100 sides, 1000, 10000, 1 million, or 1 trillion and number groups to represent the rarity groups and then numbers for the individual items, or it could be an individual number for each item, and a bunch of numbers that are blanks, and every time you kill, break or open an enemy, object, chest it rolls, nobody knows.

IF this is similar to SL's system they would adjust the drop rate by adding more roll numbers or removing roll numbers from the loot table.

I believe this to be correct for SL, and I also believe it's correct for AL. Nobody from STS will comfirm or deny it, they are really tight lipped on how their loot system really functions.

That's all I got on the subject, i'd love to know exactly how it functions but they will never tell. In DL I know they use a % to express the chance of a loot, but I think they did that because its kind of difficult to explain the roll system. Instead just saying "drop rate increased x%" instead of saying "we added a few more roll numbers to the loot table for the item."
    What they do in SL seems to be more feasible than the ones I have suggested.